[2012 Nov 4th][ICS] BETA ROM: AOKP-CM9 Remix RC 7.1.0

Guest burstlam

Guest matcho13579

:( but gen3 is better than gen2 or not?

if yes, there must be a way to use ics rom on that device, no?

I don't know, because there are just few GEN3 devices, but no custom ROMs at all I think, maybe I'm wrong

The only way to use ICS on GEN3 is to re-compile it, but I'm afraid nobody will do this

Guest TR1BAL

Hi all, I've a problem of partition, well I see in this post: and I want know what I should install if Gen 2 custom, Gen 2 customb or Gen 2 stock?.. Thanx

Guest swabLu

i upgraded from 6.5.3 to 6.6.2.. then i noticed there's no sound during CM9 logo animation... is it normal?

Edited by swabLu

Guest swabLu

also encountered all googles apps always force close.. or rather say.. it wont open... but i dl. fix and working fine..

tied connecting on wifi notice that the signal indicator stays gray. :(

i think i like the previous version.. 6.5.3

-smaller keyboard

-sound on boot animation..

Edited by swabLu

Hi Burstlam,

Could you please have a look at this article and try and implement the proposed solution into your rom?

I'm pretty sure it would solve the wakelock that appears when back from airplane mode.

Thanks in advance and thanks again for your hard work!

Oh yeah! :D :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info, sej7278, you made my day!

With this solved directly in the CM9 repository, the next updates tilal & burstlam will make will really be close to perfection! (as per my personal usage)

Edited by Guest

Guest swabLu

i have problem on google apps specially on play store.. it only shows up to more or less items per category (top free / top grossing) i already installed the fixed file. but still the same

I have some problems...

- wifi doesn't always reconnect after unlocking the phone, I have to turn off and on wifi, than it works again

- sometimes I got just plain white screen instead of content (usually in browser or in facebook app)... I need to restart the phone to solve it

Guest lopy809

Hi, first time post here,

i first installed 6.5.2 but wifi would not work so i reverted back to gb. I have now installed 6.6.2 and wifi fails to turn on, please help me???

Guest jpdoliveira

Hi, first time post here,

i first installed 6.5.2 but wifi would not work so i reverted back to gb. I have now installed 6.6.2 and wifi fails to turn on, please help me???

everything fine here.

all wipes? partition size?

Guest The Guvnor

I have some problems...

- wifi doesn't always reconnect after unlocking the phone, I have to turn off and on wifi, than it works again

- sometimes I got just plain white screen instead of content (usually in browser or in facebook app)... I need to restart the phone to solve it

The wifi tbf, aint that much of an issue. Saying that, mine is fine if I've only locked my phone. Its when I turn it off then back on again, I have to turn wifi off then back on, and it connects. Still would be nice to stay connected :-)

The plain white screen I've had with facebook & the stock email app will show headers but not the message.

Oh, and the odd "xxxxx has stopped responding", but I find 99% of the time if I hit "wait" its back so no fc.

Guest vNa5h

6.6.2 changelog

In addition, like APOLLO player display album art display should be than before feeling normal.

so is the album art loading now completely fixed or not?

damn google translate always messes up chinese translations

Guest Cyclothunder

6.6.4 update:

- Complete LINARO TOOL CHAIN ​​kernel optimization transplantation

- Should be amended to charge heat rising higher still than the other, pay attention to SMARTASS 2.

- Fixed third-party desktop, such as APEX, LAUNCHER, the contents of the new gadget does not display properly.

- AOKP function: lock-screen music player style

What is Androidian.apk ?

This file is in 6.6.4 and was not in 6.6.2, but it's huge (~4MB).

Is it safe to delete ?

giyf, mate!

It is either a theme or theme-related software, so you can safely delete it.

Still customizing my zip before installing, but craving to test this new build!

Guest thewild

giyf, mate!

It is either a theme or theme-related software, so you can safely delete it.

Still customizing my zip before installing, but craving to test this new build!

I did google it, of course !

I found something about a skin, and about other things. Nothing really obviuos. 4MB is a lot for just a skin, isn't it ? That's why I thought it might be something else...

PS : what customizations are you doing ? I usually just remove boot animations and sound and replace gps.conf.

Does removing apps help in system stability/responsiveness.

Edited by thewild

I did google it, of course !

I found something about a skin, and about other things. Nothing really obviuos. 4MB is a lot for just a skin, isn't it ? That's why I thought it might be something else...

PS : what customizations are you doing ? I usually just remove boot animations and sound and replace gps.conf.

Does removing apps help in system stability/responsiveness.

I usually remove most ringtones & notifications, replace Trebuchet with Apex, add Titanium backup, remove a few other apps (deskclock, email, exchange, all themeing apps, etc) as I use others that I find more convenient, replace the tts files with French ones, and... that's about it! ;-)

Honestly I don't see why removing apps would help in system stability or responsiveness: it would rather make it less stable, as for instance removing themeing apps causes ROMcontrol to FC when pushing the Theme button! This is only an issue for real system apps & apps linked with one another, though: apps added by the rom developper because he likes them can be removed with no consequence whatsoever.

What removing/changing apps does however is reduce the amount of system space needed and give you a tailor-made rom that fits your own needs ;-)

Guest Sulthekk

That linaro kernel seems interesting :)

For those who want to have a try before burstlam uploads the international version, but can't download from any of the chinese sites above, I made a mirror there: http://depositfiles.com/files/df0tpek9z

Don't whine about speed, it's for making it accessible, not for mass distribution!

Guest rabaip

That linaro kernel seems interesting

For those who want to have a try before burstlam uploads the international version, but can't download from any of the chinese sites above, I made a mirror there: http://depositfiles....files/df0tpek9z

Don't whine about speed, it's for making it accessible, not for mass distribution!

Is this linaro kernel stuff already in 6.6.4?

That's too bad :( the airplane wakelock patch was just merged a few minutes ago, and is therefore not included in 6.6.4!

Apart from that, the rom looks great, don't know if this linaro thing has to do with it, but it seems even faster than before.

Or could this be the result of cache/dalvik deletion?

Anyway no bug so far, so great job again Burstlam!

Edit: first bug, but not from the rom ;p Apollo won't stop: even with manual killing, it just reopens (the icon and notification are back): is this a bug or a feature? Never noticed this behaviour before...

Edited by Guest