So who's thinking of buying this?

Guest tilal6991

Guest UnbelievablyScrewed

I've had my San Francisco since launch, quite fancy one of these after exams are out the way, if an unlock comes along.

Might try my hand at some ROM development, always intended to with the SF but never got round to it.

Yeah I'm on the same boat. Fancy learning how to cook roms and help out too. Is there a topic on that? huh.gif

Guest razzmataz1478

Yeah I'm on the same boat. Fancy learning how to cook roms and help out too. Is there a topic on that? huh.gif

From source? There's a tutorial how to compile from git in the zte blade rom section, based on compiling ColdFusionX.

Guest KillerMackem

I'm seriously thinking of getting one to replace my San Francisco and give that to my dad. My only concerns are some of the issues I've been hearing about in regards to the low speaker volume and choppy Flash and whether these are problems due to buggy software or not. If this gets unlocked and custom 2.3/ICS ROMs, I'm all over it. Flash is an important aspect for me though.

Guest Simon O

Flash is an important aspect for me though.

In that case, and please do not take this the wrong way, you would be much better off spending a bit more money and buying a phone with a lot more power. £170 can get you a Nexus S that has absolutely no problems with Flash, for example.

The issue with Flash and this phone isn't so much the CPU but the fact that Flash isn't optimized for Cortex A5, and as Adobe have stopped producing Flash for mobile devices this will most likely remain an issue. So if you really desperately require smooth Flash playback you'll have to purchase a device that fully supports it.

Guest Simon O

Kinda put off now with the various issues, volume, Orientation issue and battery cover chipping

The low volume is advised by the European Union and I expect Vodafone have specifically asked Huawei to reduce the volume accordingly. Just use Volume+ from the Play Store to boost this, job done.

Orientation issues? Could you explain a bit more about these?

As for the battery cover I would need to see some photos of the 'damage' rather than relying on written accounts. Some people can find the tiniest mark a huge deal whilst others won't care.

Of course any software issues can and will be resolved once developers get on board and Huawei have published the required kernel source in the event that any issues can be fixed there.

Guest KillerMackem

In that case, and please do not take this the wrong way, you would be much better off spending a bit more money and buying a phone with a lot more power. £170 can get you a Nexus S that has absolutely no problems with Flash, for example.

The issue with Flash and this phone isn't so much the CPU but the fact that Flash isn't optimized for Cortex A5, and as Adobe have stopped producing Flash for mobile devices this will most likely remain an issue. So if you really desperately require smooth Flash playback you'll have to purchase a device that fully supports it.

Where can you get a Nexus S for £170?

Guest JungleNoli

If it's easily unlockable then definitely interested.

The step up in internal storage will be massively more useful than my Acer Liquid Metal S120. And 4" screen & prolly better community support a bonus too.

However, the Adreno GPU part would actually be going a generation backwards if I understand it correctly (Adreno 205 -> 200) :(

I'd prefer black & silver to white & silver though (sad I know but white just always seems so apple wannabe to me).

I wonder if cheaper and/or black and/or NFC versions will come out after Vodafone lose exclusivity in 3 months time...

Guest Patrick73

Pretty sure patrick73 said it sticks at 45 degrees when going to landscape mode

Hi, I have done a factory wipe and it no longer does the sticking for a while. Its a bounce effect on the web browser. It no longer sticks, but the more stuff on the page the longer it takes.

Re Volume+ its made for headphones and not for external speakers. it even says so on the google play store.

I have been back to the store I got mine from and the techie guy even said is was thinking it was low. and I played mu g7010 mp3 to him and then the g300 and he was shocked.

I have around 6 small marks on the battery back cover where i use my nail to get the back off. they can been seen and not happy about it. if the back case was a solid colour then they would not show up as much. and for a two day old phone I find this piss poor.

if any one wants they can read my other post about phoning Huawei about the low speaker. Also "The low volume is advised by the European Union and I expect Vodafone have specifically asked Huawei to reduce the volume accordingly"

odd that statement as I would think that would be for the headphones or the internal speaker that you put your ear next to. Not The LOUD speaker on the back that needs to be loud so you can hear it better. Like I have said somewhere else, my Huawei g7010 is miles louder.

Cheers

Guest Simon O

Hi, I have done a factory wipe and it no longer does the sticking for a while. Its a bounce effect on the web browser. It no longer sticks, but the more stuff on the page the longer it takes.

Re Volume+ its made for headphones and not for external speakers. it even says so on the google play store.

I have been back to the store I got mine from and the techie guy even said is was thinking it was low. and I played mu g7010 mp3 to him and then the g300 and he was shocked.

I have around 6 small marks on the battery back cover where i use my nail to get the back off. they can been seen and not happy about it. if the back case was a solid colour then they would not show up as much. and for a two day old phone I find this piss poor.

if any one wants they can read my other post about phoning Huawei about the low speaker. Also "The low volume is advised by the European Union and I expect Vodafone have specifically asked Huawei to reduce the volume accordingly"

odd that statement as I would think that would be for the headphones or the internal speaker that you put your ear next to. Not The LOUD speaker on the back that needs to be loud so you can hear it better. Like I have said somewhere else, my Huawei g7010 is miles louder.

Cheers

Thanks Patrick. Some strange issues with your phone, specially the sticking rotation.

Guest Simon O

if CEX classes it's condition it's condition as "poor" it must be pretty bad :gag:

LOL.

Not really. They can class a mint condition phone as poor if it's missing the original charger. I sold a phone to them recently that was in perfect condition but I lost the charger. Selling it with a third party charger mean it was downgraded.

Guest Patrick73

LOL.

Not really. They can class a mint condition phone as poor if it's missing the original charger. I sold a phone to them recently that was in perfect condition but I lost the charger. Selling it with a third party charger mean it was downgraded.

I find cex strange, one in another town near me, Sold me a Mint condition ipad 1st gen 16gb with 3g as a grade "C" but it was boxed with its right charger and not a mark on it anywhere. only thing in box was the two apple stickers and the charger and lead and the sim popping tool still on the little bit of cardboard.

Guest Patrick73

Thanks Patrick. Some strange issues with your phone, specially the sticking rotation.

Yeah I was a bit miffed too. but my last phone a Sony ericsson Arc S needed a factory refresh with in mins of buying cause it was playing up and that was brand new from phones 4 u. But that went back in the end due to having a sensor fault.

Guest Patrick73

I'm just in the middle of uploading a rough quick 8 min video review of this mobile. and I mean its rough I'm no pro lol....unless my pc locks up it will be about 45 mins, only a 1.37gb upload, thats HD for you

Cheers

Guest eLJay

Oh the irony that i just a bought an OMD last week when i could have had this instead. It would also be nice to buy a phone and not have to go through the stress of unlocking and rooting (for a newbie like me anyway) and just wait for the official ICS upgrade for this phone and see how that goes. My OMC is rooted and unlocked. Was thinking of buying one for my son though or passing on my OMD to him and keep the G300. :) He wants to play Minecraft which it seems he can on this phone.

Always keep the better phone for yourself. Unless that is you are going to build be perfect ICS build for OMC. Otherwise let him have the OMC as it's a cool looking phone.

Guest trueno2k

Anyone considering buying this? I'm seriously tempted to get one after my exams - looks like a great phone for the price,

Was just wondering about the online ordering system at Vodafone's site, and I've gotten to page where you enter your credit card details, and I noticed that the cost of the purchase was still saying 100£!... I didn't put in my details ( as I'm waiting for the official ICS release and other ZTE devices coming out such the ZTE Mimosa X or the Huawei Ascend D1 ) but I was curious to know whether you can purchase the handset without a sim or the 10£ topup...

Can anyone confirm this or is it that as soon as the credit card details are put through a new cost will be confirmed before you actually click on rh e confirm purchase button?