Huawei Ascend G300 unlock

Guest gregorv

Guest gregorv

Ok,

I think it's time to start unlock discussion.

What do you think, how quickly will we get an unlock? Can we expect hard protection against unlocking?

HAG300 owners, did you maybe already start investigating unlock procedure :)

Thank you

Guest Sebastian404

erm.... I think mine might be unlocked... I've put an AT&T SIM in it, and while there is no signal its not bitched about being locked...

I don't have any other European telco SIMM that's not a microsim or picosim to try with it, but I'll give it ago when I'm back in the US

Guest irishpancake

erm.... I think mine might be unlocked... I've put an AT&T SIM in it, and while there is no signal its not bitched about being locked...

I don't have any other European telco SIMM that's not a microsim or picosim to try with it, but I'll give it ago when I'm back in the US

does *#*#2846579#*#* give any result....for network Lock status??

Guest fraxos

Here is a rather silly question but one I will ask anyway: if the phone is locked to Vodafone is that country specific or could it be used with Vodafone SIM cards from other European countries?

Guest BillBong

From the HDUK board, someone's said you can get the unlock code free from Vodafone if you have a contract phone with them (or "know" someone with a contract phone who can call on your behalf). I've ordered one of these so I'm going to give it a go (I have a Voda contract phone)

Guest irishpancake

I 've just ordered and paid for an unlock code from 'specialize' on ebay - will let you know when I receive it.

How much.....or thereabouts?

Link for seller specialize?

Guest teacake

Just bought a G300. Nice piece of kit so far but need unlocked (flash working fine - great). So far went for two internet sites spending the £7.25 on earlier post on one and not much more on another. Still waiting but it is the weekend !. I tried a phone number site and gobbled up my £6 odd credit on my PAYG in minutes so would not recommend those !. DONT. Never liked strange numbers 0905xx1xx77 Good old PAYG aint going to be ripped off big style thats why i like it !!. (was not that long into long recorder conversation! and had not put in any details). Voda PAYG bundles are not as good as 3 so need unlocked. Not too much voda crap on phone and options to unload more - THINK NOT!!. Anybody any success at unlocking out there ?.

Guest teacake

Just bought a G300. Nice piece of kit so far but need unlocked (flash working fine - great). So far went for two internet sites spending the £7.25 on earlier post on one and not much more on another. Still waiting but it is the weekend !. I tried a phone number site and gobbled up my £6 odd credit on my PAYG in minutes so would not recommend those !. DONT. Never liked strange numbers 0905xx1xx77 Good old PAYG aint going to be ripped off big style thats why i like it !!. (was not that long into long recorder conversation! and had not put in any details). Voda PAYG bundles are not as good as 3 so need unlocked. Not too much voda crap on phone and options to unload more - THINK NOT!!. Anybody any success at unlocking out there ?.

Guest teacake

tea if u r willing to spend that much just use vodafone its instant and costs £15 thats if u have £5 left from your free credit

Hi, What do you mean?. Will voda give me the unlock code?. £15 on 3 gives me lot more than £15 on voda. As i am not rep for 3 dont wish to spell out difference. I would be happy enough on voda if they did. Cheers

Guest teacake

tea if u r willing to spend that much just use vodafone its instant and costs £15 thats if u have £5 left from your free credit

[/q

= I am not a pay monthly voda customer

. I see voda will give u code for £19.99. I have spent £7.25+£4.79 so here's hoping !

Edited by teacake

Guest bumps

vodafone will sell you the unlock code. you need to have atleast £19.99 on your voda sim that u got with the phone. It's instant aswell they give u the code right away did it myself this afternoon

Guest putbinoot

vodafone will sell you the unlock code. you need to have atleast £19.99 on your voda sim that u got with the phone. It's instant aswell they give u the code right away did it myself this afternoon

What number did you use to contact them or was it in store.

Guest Frankish

So its 20 quid to unlock with Vodafone. You don't need to be existing customer?

So phone 100? Mandatory topup? 10? Then unlock 20.

Still a good deal for 130!