Huawei Ascend G300 unlock

Guest gregorv

Guest Maringer

No Problem. As an aside. When I get my phone unlocked I will be looking for a provider that has cheap internet access. Is giffgaff any good?

I've been happily using giffgaff for over a year. Brilliant value, if you ask me and there has only been one significant outage in that time a bit over a month ago where I had no service for several hours. This was apparently due to some workmen accidentally cutting a power or water main (don't remember which)!

They use the o2 network so I'd check how good your local reception is:

http://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker

Guest dancg

No Problem. As an aside. When I get my phone unlocked I will be looking for a provider that has cheap internet access. Is giffgaff any good?

I've been with GiffGaff the last 6 month and I can only say its great. Get the £10 Goodybag, unlimited Internet, unlimited texts, unlimited GiffGaff to GiffGaff calls, 250 minutes, and O2 Network. I basically spend £10 per month and I do everyhing I want. I still don't understand how these guys make money.

Guest anglo

Received my unlock from Specialized today and my son is now one happy fella with an unlocked phone.

Now I just need to search for a method to get his APN settings on to the phone automatically.

Oddly, everything transferred itself from the sim onto the phone apart from the 3G internet setting thingy. :)

Guest h14kly

If any one interested in the T-mobile internet APN settings they as follows

Enter these settings into your phone.

profile name T-mobile internet

APN general.t-mobile.uk

username user

password tm

Hope they help some one, they work in mine ok

Edited by h14kly

Guest anglo

If any one interested in the T-mobile internet APN settings they as follows

Enter these settings into your phone.

profile name T-mobile internet

APN general.t-mobile.uk

username user

password tm

Hope they help some one, they work in mine ok

That's exactly what I put in but still no joy.

Network signal OK on my San Fran so must be something on the phone.

Guest anglo

Username should be t-mobile and password should be just .. Yeah that's right two dots.

I'll try that Frankish but I thought the letters entered into the field box changed automatically to dots as you entered each one.

PS. I don't believe it! 2 little dots worked, thanks Frankish.

The T-Mob site info is rubbish.

Edited by anglo

Guest anglo

I always delete any apn that I don't need as I have found and heard that they can cause issues.

Davidoff, If you're replying to my post above, I didn't see any APN's on the phone when it arrived. (all the fields were blank)

This Huawei G300 was ordered online and didn't come with a £10 sim so I guess the Vodafone APN was not pre-entered.

Maybe I just didn't notice it though so I'll check it again tomorrow.

Edited by anglo

Guest CrazylegsDude

I'll try that Frankish but I thought the letters entered into the field box changed automatically to dots as you entered each one.

PS. I don't believe it! 2 little dots worked, thanks Frankish.

The T-Mob site info is rubbish.

Did you make sure you rebooted your handset as the settings don't take sometimes unless you reboot!

Guest anglo

Did you make sure you rebooted your handset as the settings don't take sometimes unless you reboot!

No, I didn't reboot after entering the details but I also didn't reboot after entering the two dots .. solution from Frankish, yet that worked straight away without rebooting. :)

There is a cust file in the rom which sets up the phone.I guess that it takes a vodafone similar to activate it though.

I forgot to check his phone but can't now as he's gone back to Uni today after his Easter break. :) Edited by anglo

Guest Frankish

The Vodafone apn only appears when you put in a Voda sim. Also i'm sure Specialize has his reasons, suppliers of the codes to him probably are upping the cost for him so that passes on to us, It's still cheaper than a Vodafone unlock.

• 2 months later...
Guest aswiseman

Had a bit of a mare trying to unlock this phone...

• Vodafone stores have been unhelpful. One in Peterborough claimed they had to send off for it and wouldn't be on the system - told I wouldn't be buying the phone if he charged me to unlock it, but he wouldn't budge. One in Stratford Upon Avon said it would be £20 and wouldn't waive it even if I bought a case. I guess I'm just not charming enough :-)
  • Went to one of those shops that sell lots of phone cases and promise to do repairs and also unlock while you wait. Chap said he couldn't do this model in store and would have to wait a few days.
  • Tried http://mobile-phone-unlockers.com/ - who promise unlock codes for £1.79 in 24 hours. They took my cash (£3.95) and took exactly 24 hours to tell me they were sorry they couldn't unlock this particular phone. "It is very unlikely another online company will have the unlock code but you could always give it a try." And the cash might take up to seven days to be refunded :-( AVOID!8

BTW: Tried my TalkMobile SIM in the phone and it works fine with no need to unlock. Don't know if this might sway anyone who needs a low-user SIM-only deal.

Anyhow have gone with an eBay seller that people have reported success with here, so fingers crossed I'll get this sorted soon!

Guest dragpyre

Had a bit of a mare trying to unlock this phone...

• Vodafone stores have been unhelpful. One in Peterborough claimed they had to send off for it and wouldn't be on the system - told I wouldn't be buying the phone if he charged me to unlock it, but he wouldn't budge. One in Stratford Upon Avon said it would be £20 and wouldn't waive it even if I bought a case. I guess I'm just not charming enough :-)
  • Went to one of those shops that sell lots of phone cases and promise to do repairs and also unlock while you wait. Chap said he couldn't do this model in store and would have to wait a few days.
  • Tried http://mobile-phone-unlockers.com/ - who promise unlock codes for £1.79 in 24 hours. They took my cash (£3.95) and took exactly 24 hours to tell me they were sorry they couldn't unlock this particular phone. "It is very unlikely another online company will have the unlock code but you could always give it a try." And the cash might take up to seven days to be refunded :-( AVOID!8

BTW: Tried my TalkMobile SIM in the phone and it works fine with no need to unlock. Don't know if this might sway anyone who needs a low-user SIM-only deal.

Anyhow have gone with an eBay seller that people have reported success with here, so fingers cro

sed I'll get this sorted soon!

Why did you not read around, everyone knows that specialize on ebay is the way to go. He communicates directly with Huawei to get these codes. How do I know? He told me on ebay messaging.

Could have saved yourself some time and money dude.

Guest aswiseman

Why did you not read around, everyone knows that specialize on ebay is the way to go. He communicates directly with Huawei to get these codes. How do I know? He told me on ebay messaging.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing :-)

Although "your" guy charges £9.48: my phone was eventually unlocked within 24h for $8.29 = £5.48 by Korter_GSM

Guest anglo

Although "your" guy charges £9.48: my phone was eventually unlocked within 24h for $8.29 = £5.48 by Korter_GSM

specialize = eBay Item number: 170861571818 - Buy It Now = £5.75 2 minutes ago.

He started charging £7.48(?) as an introductory price and then crept upwards but the highest I remember him charging was about £8.98 but that was when he had the market to himself back in April/May.

Edited by anglo

• 3 weeks later...
Guest elektros

Hi all,

I have a problem, I am living in Serbia, and my country isnt memeber of paypal,

i purchased G300 for my son, but telefon is locked and i dont have a code.

Can anyone help with this problem :)

Guest Skip Tracer

Brought one of these phones today in Tesco and played for an hour or so then decided to get an unlock code from EBay.

Heard the advice on here about checking to see if it’s already un-locked and low and behold, it is, its working fine with my Vectone sim on Everything Everywhere. :)

So it’s not just the Vodafone shops where you can be lucky and get an un-locked one.

Guest gambieter

I paid £4.79 with unlock_fusion on Ebay, and this worked quickly and nicely as well. So there is more than specialize :)

Guest zaccy

Yes I used Korter £4.99 and very quick too. Just a couple of hours.

Guest anglo

Hi all,

I have a problem, I am living in Serbia, and my country isnt memeber of paypal,

i purchased G300 for my son, but telefon is locked and i dont have a code.

Can anyone help with this problem :)

You will either have to find a seller who will accept payment in a way suitable to you or take a chance and ask a kind member from this site to do it for you by paying them upfront somehow and then providing your IMEI when payment has cleared.

I'm not volunteering by the way. :)