How to root your Huawei Ascend G300 (for Windows, Mac and Linux)

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi

Having trouble rooting. Follow all the steps without any problems but superuser isnt showing. Im thinking maybe driver issue?

Cd drive mobile partner opens when usb connected.

Thanks

Really new to this, have not used forums before but could use some advice. Did everything as instructed, didnt get a prompt to recovery mode,had to pull the battery booted into recovery got dos screen restarted found the superuser icon, opened that no apps present,if it is rooted how do I remove the vodafone rubbish.

You need a app like titanium backup. Superuser is just a program that lets you control what gets root privilege. It does nothing else

Guest Mobilerab

Thanks guys. G300+gingerbread rooted. I think what's key here is that you have working USB drivers BEFORE you try the update.

I am now playing with tasker's dpad function - lets you move the cursor around apps and press buttons...automatically. This could be dangerous;-)

PS. If you want to see what install-superrecovery-windows.bat does stick a pause at the end. IE

fastboot-windows.exe flash recovery recovery.superrecovery.img

echo Now reboot to recovery to root your device (pull battery, then hold volume up and press power).

pause

Edited by Mobilerab

Looking to root my phone but on osx. Any mac users managed to root their phones and if so was it straight forward. Also phone is on B885 should i update that first? Never rooted before, jaibreaking is so much easier :) so any help appreciated.

Hi all,

because I am newbie in the android world I have one stupid question ... I successfully root the phone according mentioned procedure (firmware U8815V100R001C02B892). Now I want to update to B895, but it doesn't work.

The thing is that I deleted LiveWallpapers app and update now says:

Checking patch file ...

assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/LiveWallpapers.apk")

Error in /sdcard/Download/update.zip

(Status 7)

Do I have to re-flash original ROM or the factory reset could help ?

Thanks for any idea.

Nowass

Guest shadywest

I did exactly as mentioned above, but stil in root explorer I get the error:root acces failed (segmentation fault)I tried to fix the error but could not because superuser needs root acces to update the binary.Advice please.

Guest shadywest

use pauls root .

I tried too many ways to remember which one is Paul's one....Rootg300.exe,UnlockRoot_downloader_by_UnlockRoot,Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v11,b926-root-bl,and I have cwmrecovery used to flash b924.Still no root acces same error as mentioned above...??????????

oh and also the superrecovery method.same effect.no root acces...

Edited by shadywest

Guest shadywest

please read pinned topics and you will get their ,dont try anything till you are ready to do so.

Im getting very frustrated since I have been reading them for the last 7 days and still stuck.So please help me Il provide any info needed

ah thats better b934 not b924 you had. use the unlockbootloader to root .and unock the bootloader . then use clockworkmod okay.

Edited by wrtease

Guest shadywest

ah thats better b934 not b924 you had. use the unlockbootloader to root .and unock the bootloader . then use clockworkmod okay.

Did it.No effect.Noticed that during the root proccess a "No space left on the device" an then the window just closed.I mention I have almost nothing on the internal storage