ClockworkMod Recovery for Huawei U8815/Ascend G 300

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Davidoff59

Is anyone getting any lag or freezing on the lock screen. I am rooted and have the clockworkmod recovery image installed. The lag seems to have appeared after the cwm recovery image was installed.

It can happen on the lock screen, and in the rom itself and when this happens, the capacitive touch buttons usually don't light up or work.

A reboot fixes it sometimes but mostly it doesn't and it can lag after a battery pull also.

Could the clockworkmod recovery image have caused this.

I did a full wipe and installed the debranded rom by sebastian and installed no apps, just set up my account and its lagging again.

I tried posting a log before but uploads appear broken on the new modaco layout.

Any advice to offer me and will flashing the stock rom on Sebastian's page break the rooting that was done so it will have to be rooted again?

Contemplating a return of the phone as its only a week old.

Guest Davidoff59

Phone now frozen at lockscreen. Reboot or battery pull doesn't fix. I can reboot into clockworkmod recovery but I can't select anything. Volume moves selection up and down but home does not select.

Lockscreen icon doesn't budge at all.

Guest strowger

I've successfully installed the "super recovery" but on trying to install Clockworkmod I get:

# fastboot-linux flash recover recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5s-hwu8815.img

sending 'recover' (5212 KB)... OKAY

writing 'recover'... FAILED (remote: partition table doesn't exist)

Guest Sebastian404

I've successfully installed the "super recovery" but on trying to install Clockworkmod I get:

# fastboot-linux flash recover recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5s-hwu8815.img

sending 'recover' (5212 KB)... OKAY

writing 'recover'... FAILED (remote: partition table doesn't exist)

fastboot-linux flash recovery recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5s-hwu8815.img

Guest warwound

I've rooted my G300 and installed ClockworkMod and also installed ROM Manager.

If i try and use the ROM Manager 'Backup current ROM' option it tells me i don't have ClockworkMod installed and offers to install it.

I click no - if i clicked yes would it install a version of ClockworkMod that is incompatible with the G300?

Is there any way to tell ROM Manager that i DO have a working version of ClockworkMod already installed?

Guest Simon O

I've rooted my G300 and installed ClockworkMod and also installed ROM Manager.

If i try and use the ROM Manager 'Backup current ROM' option it tells me i don't have ClockworkMod installed and offers to install it.

I click no - if i clicked yes would it install a version of ClockworkMod that is incompatible with the G300?

Yes it would attempt to install an incompatible recovery that may brick your device.

Is there any way to tell ROM Manager that i DO have a working version of ClockworkMod already installed?

No. ROM manager only functions with officially supported recovery images that have been built by the developer of ROM manager (Koush). The G300 recovery image is unofficial.

Guest Simon O

I always thought there was an option to tell it, actually i do have some form of recovery installed thanks.

Yes there is but if I remember right it doesn't let you access recovery or make backups if you use this option.. unless it changed? Sebastian404 may sort his own recovery manager out soon.

Guest bumps

anyone got a problem of when you power the phone off with usb plugged in CWM automatically comes on

Edited by bumps

Guest Sebastian404

anyone got a problem of when you power the phone off with usb plugged in CWM automatically comes on

Thats a 'common' problem with all the Huawei devices I've seen, I have a feeling its something to do with the broken implmentation of a charging animation when powered off.

Guest bumps

yup you are right, did a little research on google. common bug when any phone has a charging animation with its original recovery.img

Guest Rednose01

OK having spent the last 3 hours going round in circles im am about to give up. I have never atempted anything like this.

I have managed to root the phone which i think went OK i can see SU installed.

So now i want to ClockworkMod it.

I followed the link and have installed Android SDK. and downloaded the file "Recovery image"

Where i am getting stuck is the Command Prompt run 'fastboot flash recovery <filename>.img.

Where does the fastboot bit come in, is this a seperate download?

Then What, run that and then type "Recovery"?

I am a noob, be gentle!

Carl..

Guest Gary_J_Wright

I think i've got the clockwork installed now, when i go into it, it says CWM -based recovery v4.0.1.5 but when i try to accept any of the options like backup etc, it just sits on the picture of the hat, if i go down the list and click an option etc: "install zip from sdcard" it just pops up the hat and sits there doesnt go into sdcard, if i push power button it goes back to the options. i need to pull battery as well for "reboot system now" as the power button does not restart it. anyone know what ive done wrong

some clockworks mod use power button, this one use the the 3 buttons @ bottom of screen (and volume rockers) namely the home (house symbol) to execute your choice

Edited by Gary_J_Wright

Guest FrownBreaker
Here we go, this is *MY* customized build of Koush's ClockworkMod Recovery .Ascend G 300....

Just a note to say thanks for this installed no problems. Hardest part was 1) remembering the home key not power 2) Vol up not vol down like the upside down ZTE blade!

Another great release from Seb thanks so much noticed your touch based recovery tool might try that tomorrow! You are an asset to the Modaco and Android communities.

Many Thanks Seb!

Guest FrankieADZ

Yes you can Frankie.

Cheers for that :D

part of me in kinda hoping CMR gets official support tbf..just for the fact I paid for the premium version lol

Guest Sebastian404

<p>

part of me in kinda hoping CMR gets official support tbf..just for the fact I paid for the premium version lol

the only way devices seem to get into RomManager is if there's is an 'offical' build of CyanMod or someone send Koush a device directly.

Guest FrankieADZ

<p>

the only way devices seem to get into RomManager is if there's is an 'offical' build of CyanMod or someone send Koush a device directly.

if i find a spare couple a hundred quid i might well do that ;) :(

Will ADB made easy work to fastboot recovery ? It works on my skate,and I am just lazy and want to push one button,rather than type out some commands,which I am a little rusty on.I think,going off memory from my blade days here,the commands where: cd C:\fastboot fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Does that sound about right ?

Guest Davidoff59

I'm not entirely sure but I think Paul said the fastboot method didn't work hence the super recovery method. I may be well off here.

I quote from Paul

Strangely, 'fastboot boot' doesn't work on the

G300 so the usual superboot approach won't

work, so i've created a 'SuperRecovery'. This is

a stock recovery image with 2 changes - firstly

the ADB access is upgraded to root, secondly

the recovery will automatically install

Superuser / SU on start (in the same way as a

superboot). This means it will give you root

while maintaining compatability with stock

upgrades applied via the stock recovery.