[ROM] Onyx (CM7; updated 2012 04 22)

Guest twrock

Installed yesterday, working fine so far. I can record with the camera, but I get forced closeings when I stop recording.

problem with the camera, can not record!

If i change the video quality from high to low i do not have this problems.

Guest desalesouche

@ twrock and all. hi.recently i port a miui 2.3.7 rom from um840 to u8220/u8230 i notice that once well configured that rom is very fast...think that the launcher in it (adw 1.3.3.56) is helping a lot about fast..but this is not the only thing...may be the system ui apk also help about fast...

i replace your version of adw launcher by adw 1.3.3.56 and the result look faster like cm6/um840 rom( with good configuration of settings launcher).i would like to know if i want to replace onyx system ui apk by miui 2.3.7 system ui apk...what i have to do? i mean do i have to simply to replace system ui apk? ( it is not working stuck on boot and reboot) or do i have to replace also other apk in the same time?

:) i would like to port the rapidity of miui 2.3.7 to onyx and cm7 from pier11 but you already understood that isn't it?

it is half done with new launcher but only half done...if you have some advice

thx

Guest jace7

Hi all , been using this Rom for about a week now , really impressed . Battery life better than Styx , no FC's , sometimes a little laggy but nothing to complain about . I have also replaced the original launcher with adw 1.3.3.56 as suggested by desalesouche and can confirm it is fast and smooth . I tried Pier11's CM7 before but couldn't get it to work properly , Twrocks tweaks to create this rom have given me a useable version of Gingerbread , many thanks all

Guest desalesouche

Hi all , been using this Rom for about a week now , really impressed . Battery life better than Styx , no FC's , sometimes a little laggy but nothing to complain about . I have also replaced the original launcher with adw 1.3.3.56 as suggested by desalesouche and can confirm it is fast and smooth . I tried Pier11's CM7 before but couldn't get it to work properly , Twrocks tweaks to create this rom have given me a useable version of Gingerbread , many thanks all

hi.try to set launcher and system settings as described in miui 2.3.7 topic if it is not already done... :)

apart thread...i received yesterday my new phone...huawei honor u 8660...running so fast... :P next one ( i hope) would be huawei ascend d quad xl...sweet dream ^_^

Edited by desalesouche

Guest desalesouche

hi all. preparing a faster onyx with Beats Audio (improves sound quality in speaker and headphones).

and some others tweacks. will upload here soon...

will need feed back about audio improvements :) and the rest thx...

Edited by desalesouche

Guest desalesouche

here is the link for Onyx-fast with beats audio improvements...with a good headphone you should hear difference... this rom has the governors from destructors and cpu is set to 710......for those who can't afford 710 cpu take original boot image from first post from that topic and replace it in zip... set adw launcher like told in miui 2.3.7 mod topic in settings/cmsettings/performance/lock home in memory ...personnaly i use jit on... in settings/display/animation/no animations...

try it and tell me what you think about it http://www.mediafire...2azw054rz2k93vo oh i also add in system/etc/initd/ 10darky_zipalign which is supposed to have improvement and i add zipalign in system/bin/ some tweaks in build.prop..... give feed back please :)

will upload also same version with Sony Bravia Engine (improves sharpness and quality of images and video)

in a while

edit :for me sound is working better on u8230 did the same with huawei honor u8660 and sound there even better... :)

Edited by desalesouche

Guest desalesouche

http://www.mediafire...4curjxdwvctjg4x link for onyx-fastbeat-sony bravia

install and set as told post above but after that open teminal emulator and type what is in the link http://www.mediafire...v5sbhhv2ijc4p0c

give feed back about that bravia engine please....i am not even sure it is working.... <_<

Edited by desalesouche

Guest twrock

here is the link for Onyx-fast with beats audio improvements...with a good headphone you should hear difference... this rom has the governors from destructors and cpu is set to 710......for those who can't afford 710 cpu take original boot image from first post from that topic and replace it in zip... set adw launcher like told in miui 2.3.7 mod topic in settings/cmsettings/performance/lock home in memory ...personnaly i use jit on... in settings/display/animation/no animations...

try it and tell me what you think about it http://www.mediafire...2azw054rz2k93vo oh i also add in system/etc/initd/ 10darky_zipalign which is supposed to have improvement and i add zipalign in system/bin/ some tweaks in build.prop..... give feed back please :)

will upload also same version with Sony Bravia Engine (improves sharpness and quality of images and video)

in a while

edit :for me sound is working better on u8230 did the same with huawei honor u8660 and sound there even better... :)

I logged in to have a look at what's been going on the past few days (I've been swamped with work). I thought I'd try to implement some of the changes you suggested and update Onyx. But then I saw you had done it already, and then even more! :)

But...., I installed the first version you uploaded and can't get past the initial few seconds of the boot animation before it bootloops. So I can't get it to work on my 8220 as is. Don't know what's wrong.

I'll go ahead and at least test the new Launcher on my version of Onyx. That is one area where I noticed Onyx was significantly slower than Styx, so I hope it helps speed things up.

Edit: BTW, I did a full wipe and formatted /system before installing. That is my typical pattern with any rom installation (to be sure I don't introduce any problems myself).

Edited by twrock

Guest desalesouche

I logged in to have a look at what's been going on the past few days (I've been swamped with work). I thought I'd try to implement some of the changes you suggested and update Onyx. But then I saw you had done it already, and then even more! :)

But...., I installed the first version you uploaded and can't get past the initial few seconds of the boot animation before it bootloops. So I can't get it to work on my 8220 as is. Don't know what's wrong.

I'll go ahead and at least test the new Launcher on my version of Onyx. That is one area where I noticed Onyx was significantly slower than Styx, so I hope it helps speed things up.

Edit: BTW, I did a full wipe and formatted /system before installing. That is my typical pattern with any rom installation (to be sure I don't introduce any problems myself).

hi i did 3 things on Onyx= first i add zipalign in system/bin and also i add dark zipalign in system/etc/initd

2/ i add the new launcher from miui 2.3.7 rom

3/ i add the beat audio improvements...

may be you can take your own version of onyx and try to replace that but one by one to see where is the main problem for you...i did delete also some lang pico...but nothing more.......

think the add of sony bravia engine is not necessay as we have lcd screen...

did you try beats audio http://www.mediafire.com/?m2oiy6tkkbqb1np so you can try it apart...

regards...for me this version of onyx is working good...no bootloop hope you will manage to see the good things i've found... :) it is also working with cm7.2 from pier11

one thing...did you replace boot image? the one i upload is set with cpu at 710...so try original boot image in your first post.

may be that is why you had bootloop

Guest twrock

one thing...did you replace boot image? the one i upload is set with cpu at 710...so try original boot image in your first post.

may be that is why you had bootloop

:blush: Ummmm, yes, that would be the reason. My bad. :rolleyes:

I'll try again later tonight when I have some time.

Guest desalesouche

:blush: Ummmm, yes, that would be the reason. My bad. :rolleyes:

I'll try again later tonight when I have some time.

have a good day :) ...before to flash rom just listen music carefully and after flash listen same music to hear audio improvements( bass are better)

there is an update to do about busy box in system/xbin...

Edited by desalesouche

Guest twrock

have a good day :) ...before to flash rom just listen music carefully and after flash listen same music to hear audio improvements( bass are better)

there is an update to do about busy box in system/xbin...

I just installed (after adding Gmail and updating QuickPic). But I did notice right away that the ADW Launcher version you have in this rom reports itself as ADWLauncherEX. If it is, I believe that is a paid app, and we can't distribute it in the roms we offer here. Have a look and see what you think, but it might not be ok to do that. :(

(Incidentally, I actually have purchased that app in the past, but I don't run it because I thought the extra "bells and whistles" would probably just slow it down. Maybe I thought wrongly. :huh: I'll have to take another look at that.)

Guest desalesouche

I just installed (after adding Gmail and updating QuickPic). But I did notice right away that the ADW Launcher version you have in this rom reports itself as ADWLauncherEX. If it is, I believe that is a paid app, and we can't distribute it in the roms we offer here. Have a look and see what you think, but it might not be ok to do that. :(

(Incidentally, I actually have purchased that app in the past, but I don't run it because I thought the extra "bells and whistles" would probably just slow it down. Maybe I thought wrongly. :huh: I'll have to take another look at that.)

hi the launcher is effectively a paid app...( i check).at the time i took it i did'nt knew about that... the launcher is coming from the original miui rom from this site http://androidmovida...s-sin-probarla/ ...so ok canno't be distibuted here but the advice can be given i think cos it is very efficient ... what about audio and music? did you notice improvements? i did made some change also in buil.prop...so you know everything now ^_^ Edited by desalesouche

Guest twrock

in a while

Well, after switching the boot.img so I could boot it, everything went "fine". By that, I mean that it installed a booted. A couple of green screens during the initial setup, but no real problem.

However, after using it for a day with my typical configuration and typical set of apps, I found it still was clearly still slower than Styx (CM6) and burned through battery quite a bit faster. So at least as I have it configured, I find it is still not as satisfying to use as Styx (for me). Of course the boot.img might have a lot to do with that, and other configurations might also show improvement. As always, YMMV.

I didn't even have a real chance to test the sound improvements, so I can't speak to that issue directly. Is the sound file you linked to useable in CM6, or is it only for Gingerbread/CM7?

Guest desalesouche

I didn't even have a real chance to test the sound improvements, so I can't speak to that issue directly. Is the sound file you linked to useable in CM6, or is it only for Gingerbread/CM7?

i didn't try...if i remenber well it is for 2.3 and up rom http://lifehacker.com/5889825/get-beats-audio-on-any-rooted-android-phone

"XDA modders RockoDev has turned this into a flashable ZIP file that works on any phone running Gingerbread or a Gingerbread-based ROM."if you follow the link you have explanation and diagram... regards

Guest twrock

i didn't try...if i remenber well it is for 2.3 and up rom http://lifehacker.co...d-android-phone

"XDA modders RockoDev has turned this into a flashable ZIP file that works on any phone running Gingerbread or a Gingerbread-based ROM."if you follow the link you have explanation and diagram... regards

Thanks for the links. I'll have a look. But the statement that it is for Gingerbread is a bit disheartening.

One more thing. I recently bought a new pair of earphone (the kind that clips over the ears). I specifically looked for and found 8ohm earphone (vs. 16 or 32). I use a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter. The volume is much louder than with other earphones I have used.

Guest omeg@one

Fixes:

MAC Address bug fix:
(thanks dr.flo)

After installing the rom, open Terminal Emulator app, type "su" to enter superuser mode, then type this line of code:
echo 1a:2b:3c:4d:5e:6f > /data/misc/wifi/softmac

but use your own MAC address
instead of what you see here. Reboot.

hi there!!!

I installed this Rom but I can´t connect to my WIFI network

I already tried to type " echo (my MAC adress) > /data/misc/wifi/softmac " but thr problem remains.

Can anyone help me with this???

Thanks

Guest shutyee

i installed it, everything is quite fine, but i havent got market. i downloaded and installed it but i cant set up my gmail so not just only market but syncing and everything else isnt working. it wont connect to gmail server. wifi and mobile network is working. any idea?

Guest twrock

i installed it, everything is quite fine, but i havent got market. i downloaded and installed it but i cant set up my gmail so not just only market but syncing and everything else isnt working. it wont connect to gmail server. wifi and mobile network is working. any idea?

This rom has the Market and Gmail included. If you have to install those separately, then you must have done something wrong during your initial installation of the rom. If you did something wrong in preparing for the installation, then you can have a large number of problems later.

All I can suggest is that you go back to the first post and read through all of what I posted there. You must follow the instructions precisely, or you will probably have problems. Particularly, you must start with the correct official update, or lots of things will go wrong. Read everything I wrote in the first post.

Guest menferi

I was using this ROM for 2 weeks, everything was ok, except the GPS. When I start the navigation app, it looks ok for 2 minutes, then drops the signal, even if I toggle on/off GPS, restart the app, cannot lock the position again. After reboot it's working again for 2 minutes.(A bit tricky to drive like this :D)

For the moment I switched back to Styx, that was flawless for me.

Guest desalesouche

@ twrock. hi.could you make update of that rom?

saw that there are update for quick pic...and for buxybox.

what do you think about replacing spare parts with spare parts + which is more recent...?

:blush: i know i should be able to do it by myself with all your last explanation about that.

i tried with quickpic but i had a kind of problem with system/bin and system/xbin... with number 72 error

in the last quick pic the libs are under armeabi/libs/ and the second lib under x86 do i have to take both? thx