[ROM] VegaCream for Advent Vega / PoV Mobii Tegra

Guest Scanno

Guest a_appleby

RC2 is still not allowing me to unlock the screen, not after the first or after any boot following that one.

The same thing happens with the other P10 with 3g in it.

I used the nvflash.

Can someone help?

Guest Scanno
RC2 is still not allowing me to unlock the screen, not after the first or after any boot following that one.

The same thing happens with the other P10 with 3g in it.

I used the nvflash.

Can someone help?

Try to put a sim card in it.

Guest elf69

I want to flash with SD card and not via PC to see if it help my situation but when I hold power button no option for recovery.

How do I go to recovery (CWM) to flash?

Guest Scanno
I want to flash with SD card and not via PC to see if it help my situation but when I hold power button no option for recovery.

How do I go to recovery (CWM) to flash?

What ROM are you using now ?

Guest elf69

Beta 3

Im downloading the RC2 exe file now to try that.

does the PC methord wipe system and data?

Edited by elf69

Guest Scanno
Beta 3

Im downloading the RC2 exe file now to try that.

does the PC methord wipe system and data?

The nvflash method wipes everything.

From the power menu you should have a reboot option under the reboot option there is recovery.

If not open he terminal app and type

su

Accept root access

Type:

setrecovery boot-recovery recovery

Then type

reboot

Guest elf69

Did the PC flash.

USB wifi keyboard still not working :(

And at present cannot turn wifi on either....

Gonna try a few reboots then see if it will turn on.

Guest elf69

flashed it but gone back to Beta 3.

RC2 has no wifi :(

Still astro cannot see my pen drive. "directory does not exist"

OI file manager can sometimes see the pen drive contents.

I think my tablet has USB issues as even trying viewcomb USBs are same but they used to work before viewing this thread and upgrading :(

But at least Im up and running now with beta3 and have wifi.

Guest macvegan

Just a couple of queries/notes;

- iPlayer app clicks through to BBC site and then get "install Flashplayer" message , even though it's there and have kept it on internal memory not SD.

Only has a problem with Chrome - using std browser now , no problems.

Thanks again , the tablet works as fast as colleague's Ipad's and is just brilliant !

Guest Daedric1383

Installed Vega bean this morning connected to WiFi no problem, will evaluate more this evening when the kids are in bed :)

VegaWhat?

Guest jimsie

VegaWhat?

Vegabean, jellybean ROM for Vega, think I posted in the wrong forum. Think it should have been Tabletroms forum. Seems like a good ROM, still a few problems but to be expected for an alpha ROM. Using it now :) only problem I've had is can't create mount script for link2sd.

Guest Oldbarzo

Vegabean, jellybean ROM for Vega, think I posted in the wrong forum. Think it should have been Tabletroms forum. Seems like a good ROM, still a few problems but to be expected for an alpha ROM. Using it now :) only problem I've had is can't create mount script for link2sd.

Hi

Try creating mount in ext3 it works for me in Vegabean Alpha.

OldBarzo

Guest Oldbarzo

Hi

Try creating mount in ext3 it works for me in Vegabean Alpha.

OldBarzo

Guest Daedric1383

Can you provide a link to such VegaBean ?

Guest elf69

I have given up on the viewpad for now.

No matter what I do it just will not use the USB like it used to in viewcomb :(

found my dock last nite at midnight so will see it it works in that next week as im sooo busy right now.

I now using a Sumvision Astro tablet with 4.0 out the box 7" screen.

Down side is small screen and no support for USB hub like the viewpad.

Im sending my viewpad off for the touch screen repair early next week.

When I get it back (unless the reapirers can do it) anyone on here wanna take a look at mine for a small fee?

This forum has THE BEST support of any forum I use!

Guest Oldbarzo

Hi elf69

I seem to remember that Viewcomb

created problems for those switching roms. You probably need to NV flash

Modded stock 1 or 2 before installing

a new rom after using Viewcomb.

Oldbarzo

Guest elf69

Thank you.

Will download a stock rom then flash to ICS.

but will wait until my pad has been sent off and come back from repair as my touchscreen is doing my head in.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jevdroid

I installed VegaCream CR2 some time ago and today installed DroidMote Server on it. That doesn't work, whilst on another tablet it worked fine (so the client is okay).

In the description of said program it says it requires a uinput module to be available in the kernel. I guess this is not available in VegaCream? Can anyone that knows about the kernel confirm this? Is there another version for our vega's that does contain uinput? Or a loadable module somewhere?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PatrickAeon

After over a year and a half happily using Paul's R8 version of Froyo with no problems to speak of, I took a deep breath and flashed the Vegacream RC2 ROM. Having done that and rebooted I was stunned at the difference. My Vega is faster and seems to have lost the over-sensitivity problem with the touchscreen when charging from the mains that the early tablets had. The display is also much more crisp. Now, don't get me wrong, I have been using my Vega as much as my laptop, and I that is a lot. I was happy with Paul's ROM, but now I am ecstatic with Vegacream. I have yet to find anything it will not do for my purposes, and it seems to be rock solid.

All I did after the upgrade was install Titanuim Backup and restore all my apps and data. The whole process was remarkably pain free.

I wish to thank the developers for a truely brilliant product, especially since they do it in their own time.