[Tool][Linux] ZTE Porting Tool [Update: v5.0 - 29.07.12]

Guest XMasterNinni

Guest muhahahaah

Yep. Testing now :)

This only allows method B at the moment, so you have to upload both of the zips.

But we'll prepare a version that allows http download too, soon.

Guest XMasterNinni

Porting 2.3.5 ROMs to the Skate should work out the box now!

Just download from github. ;)

Download Link replaced with Link to source!

Guest sacat

hi xmaster

i had tested the method a and the method b to port the Blade_Mix_365 (muhahahaah had already ported it) but same issue : btooth and wifi doesn't work

The muhahahaah's ported rom (skatemix 365) works very well in my staraddict skate.

Guest sacat

i used a 5 days ago version, is there a new one?

like i say in my other post, an update is available for zte skate (firmware version 2012), is your portingtool released with this new firmware?

Guest sacat

after updating zte portingtool, it's the same issue : BT and wifi don't work (i have ported blademix365)

in readme there is this :

" If you have got a ZTE BLADE put the ROM you want to port to devices/Skate/port_rom

If you have got a ZTE SKATE put the ROM you want to port to devices/Blade/port_rom"

i think it's an error.

Guest XMasterNinni

Yeah, it is. Thanks for telling me.

WiFi and BT should definitely work. You used Method A? I only fixed it there, as Method B is for every device...

Guest sacat

hi xmasterninni

me too doesn't work with method A

In an other post c3co made an update for french people with Zte staraddict sfr and it seems to correct wifi issue. I think the zte staraddict doesn't have same firmware like other zte skate this is why we have BT and wifi error.

i m waiting for the c3co update to test it and make you feedback.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest utternoob

Hi all, porting a Tom from galaxy ace to skate using method b. I have 10 errors, 9 of them I think I can fix as they are files that aren't relevant to skate, but the worst one is scripts/extract_files: line 126: zip: command not found, so zip is not made. Am I missing something. Using raspberry pi on debian wheezy if it helps

Guest XMasterNinni

Hi, the only reason why it doesn't seem to work is, that your Rasperry can't handle with the command <zip>.

Just stay at this error message and zip the three files in port_rom (META-INF, system and boot.img) yourself.

Then flash in recovery.

PS: On the way to 4.1.1 JB support...

Edited by XMasterNinni