Help! I'm new and I can't do...

Guest Frankish

Hello, first of all I'm sorry if its wrong topic but I dont know where to post.

I have few questions and I need help so I would be grateful if someone answers at least one question

- My G300 is rooter and bootloader unlocked, today I installed CM10 and then switched to CM9 but neither of them is fast enought, I mean, original rom that came with phone was faster (2.x.x?)

So,

1. is there a way to factory reset everything and then start from 0

2. is it normal to CM be slightly slower than orginal huawei rom

3. us there best rom? I mean fastes rom? Some people tell me to put orginal rom from huawei and put modded kernel (to optimaze ram and cpu) so is this true?

Thank you very much

My tuppence worth...

I am running CM10.0 (JB 4.1 based: http://en.wikipedia....F4.2_Jelly_Bean) and find it quite good. I haven't experienced some of the instability experienced by some others and I find it very quick. Can't compare it to stock GB (http://en.wikipedia....3.x_Gingerbread) or ICS (http://en.wikipedia...._Cream_Sandwich) because I didn't retain and play with them for long enough. I don't know if it matters but I think that my last official stock ICS was 936 (Vodafone Ireland) and when I installed Infusion and more recently CM10.0 I wiped absolutely everything. A totally clean install always seems to give a better chance of fewer problems as far as I can see!

Which is the best ROM is a subjective one. Some people have reported that the original (latest) stock Huawei (or carrier - e.g. Vodafone- variant) GB ROM is the most stable and responsive. Others prefer some of the stock ROMs (in particular CM10.0 and Infusion) even if they can have some issues. Personally I'm still inclined to stick with CM10.0 as I haven't had any showstopper issues with it so far and am still on R1.

However if you DO want to roll back to stock GB then you need to be careful as the downgrade from ICS does require some special steps. There are guides out there such as this one:

http://www.modaco.co...with-downloads/

that you should familiarise yourself with and be sure that you understand all of the steps. Section 6 in particular. This thread is also useful as it has a lot of links to different resources:

http://www.modaco.co...e-updated-1012/

If you are in doubt about anything ask first!

Hope this helps. Others (particularly more established posters than me! :)) may have more/better advice for you.

Edited by dalyer

dalyer thank you very much for your answer

I have tryed downgrading to GB but I fail at one of the first steps - backuping and restoring fake IMEI - after I backup my IMEI and save it somewhere else and put fake IMEI on sd, restore never gets my IMEI to 0, i tried many times but no luck, so if I cant restore fake IMEI then probably I cant restore my original IMEI later so I really dont want to risk it.

If anyone has solution for my problem I would be very grateful

I tried official downgrade too but It fails every time , really dont know why because I read all instructions and I met al requirument (b937..)

The biggest problem is that no one on this forum has solution, you are the first person who ever answered me, so I got 0 support

I almost did when flashed GB rom - no IMEI, baseband was unknown and no mobile network but I managed to fix it by just flashing ICS again

No use of that, my IMEI is not changing, I think its my biggest problem

Would this approach to zeroing the IMEI work?

http://www.modaco.co...em/page__st__40

Presumably you are rooted etc. if you have gone through this stuff before?

Edit: yet another thread in case you haven't seen it already and it helps...

http://www.modaco.co...m-b9xx-to-b8xx/

Edit 2: and another...

Edited by dalyer

I think I tried all methods for zero-ing IMEI but it just wont work. I searched forum and people had some simillar problems like me but they didnt get any answer too

I very appreciate your help!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest modakudi

So I wanted to unlock my phone to go from Vodafone to GiffGaff, I bought the phone from a Vodafone shop so obviously its locked. Now I've got an unlock code so I put the GiffGaff sim in and try to dial the unlock code but I cant because I have no service, any idea what im missing/ doing wrong?

You can unlock your phone even with another sim card which has service over there.And try the unlock code.

Edited by modakudi

Guest Sri.Theo

However if you DO want to roll back to stock GB then you need to be careful as the downgrade from ICS does require some special steps. There are guides out there such as this one:

http://www.modaco.co...with-downloads/

that you should familiarise yourself with and be sure that you understand all of the steps. Section 6 in particular. This thread is also useful as it has a lot of links to different resources:

http://www.modaco.co...e-updated-1012/

If you are in doubt about anything ask first!

Hey I'm in a very similar situation, I need to restore to an original Vodafone branded ROM in order to unlock my phone and I appreciate the help you guys are giving. If I have no data or apps I'm concerned about preserving do I need to go through the IMEI zeroing process in your link? Or is it possible to simply find a Vodafone ROM and flash it through the recovery menu?

• 2 weeks later...

What ROM/baseband are you on now? Do you know what your last official ROM was? If necessary the IMEI SV can be checked.

Edited by dalyer

Guest phantomm

Hello

I think that this is best topic for this question..

I downloaded this package from Huawei site: http://www.huaweidev...softid=NDcwMjk=

In readme PDF file they wrote:

1.1 The following versions can be upgraded:

U8815 V100R001C00B934

U8815 V100R001C00B937

U8815 V100R001C00B939

U8815 V100R001C00B944

U8815 V100R001C00B946

U8815 V100R001C00B948

U8815 V100R001C00B951

U8815 V100R001C00B952

but I have U8815 V100R001C09B944. Can I use this package to update OS? I would flash custom ROM, but it's little different here than it was on my previous phone (LG P500)

Guest mikymouse

Hi all, I have a problem I can not solve in practice the phone when it turn restarts

continuously huawei logo appears for 2 seconds and restarts continuously endlessly

repeating this sequence, I have to remove the battery to turn it off, does not enter

in cwm and even in bootloader.

When I connect it to the PC via USB cable does not recognize the drivers while installing

them.

I did not install any firmware method makes power up + down, it is a narrow bar and

stops at the beginning.

latest firmware gb

Help me please.

Guest dalyer

If you are on GB then I presume that your baseband is 109808. You might need to get a stock GB update.app and flash it. Copy it to your sdcard /dload/update.app and then boot into the stock update recovery/utility (think you press vol up, vol down and power together and hold for a few seconds).

Guest mikymouse

If you are on GB then I presume that your baseband is 109808. You might need to get a stock GB update.app and flash it. Copy it to your sdcard /dload/update.app and then boot into the stock update recovery/utility (think you press vol up, vol down and power together and hold for a few seconds).

Hi, I have done this test but nothing to make you start getting close and the progress bar stops almost at the beginning.

Maybe the file Update.app that I have is wrong, someone can link to where to find the file.

thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest saybron

hi,

excuse my english, my phone is the huawei U8815N and i am new in this forum and i'm lost even when using the search function,

so please help: i want to know if there is a solution for the "image signature verify fail" problem (knowing that i was performing an OTA update to the B952)

if not can any one make a phone image and boot image (*.hex/*.hxb) for the Huawei Ascend G300 NFC so i can flash it using QPST.

Edited by saybron

Guest fjellape159

Hello everyone.

I have a question that is not related to rooting or any ROM installation, have it already done, works like a charm. I'm here because I was wondering if it is possible to view videos and lock the screen in a way that it shows video but it does not respond to touching like on my sister's Samsung Ace 2. For example when I press lock screen on my g300 the screen goes black and that's it. While on Ace 2 if you press lock button it displays a little lock in screen's corner but it does not go black and you can still watch a video. I do hope I expressed my-self in a right and understadable way, as English is not my native language.

Guest kieranswhite

You can download Mx player which allows you to lock the screen with an onscreen button that stops you accidentally pressing things on screen while watching videos.

Guest fjellape159

You can download Mx player which allows you to lock the screen with an onscreen button that stops you accidentally pressing things on screen while watching videos.

Thanks a lot. :)

Guest Jossel

Hi hi,

I have rooted, CWM and i have all the zip files for recent gapps and ROM CM 9 but everytime i go to install the ROM it starts and then says installation aborted.

Any clues on what i am doing wrong? I'm new at all this and spent quite a while getting this far...

Thanks for any help.

Joe

• 2 weeks later...
Guest deniserxc

Hello to everybody!

I bought a G300 locked in Vodafone, which I managed to unlocked it.

Now, I'm searching for reliabale GingerBread ROMs to put on this phone. I've tried AtomicMod, Gr2 and I like the Gr2 but I don't like the partition swap.

So, my request: where can I find a stock GingerBread Rom and how can I put it on the phone and, at the same time, recreate the original layout of the partitions?

And more important: can I acces the internal storage and external card at the same time?

Edited by deniserxc