Help! I'm new and I can't do...

Guest Frankish

Guest BLaZiNgSPEED

Thanks a lot. Just downloaded and installed Root Uninstaller and uninstalled all these games. :)

Just wanted to confirm again is it safe to uninstall Vodafone Discover and the Vodafone Updates thing?

I will most likely wait for B888 rom from vodafone. That way I can at least have my warranty and just manually uninstall all the vodafone crap. :D

Guest armin74

Ok, I've successfully rooted my phone now without any problems. Got the Super User Icon. :D

Now I want to ask what program, etc do you use to get rid of the Vodafone bloatware? I want to start off by getting rid of all the trial games like Sims 3 Trial, Texas Hold'Em, etc

Which program did you guys use to get rid of them?

Guest twinkletino

Thanks punjabi but I think this is a step too far for me :o I really am a complete novice and might muck it up so think it safer for me to leave things as they are for the time being...the benefits installing this sound great tho!! :D

Sorry if this is a stupid question but Is there any security software on this phone or will I have to install something like on a computer :wacko: :blush:

Edited by twinkletino

Guest Davidoff59

There is no need for security generally speaking.If you go to dodgy sites, or load apps from sites other than the market, then you should be worried. The problem with phone antivirus apps is they rely on people reporting a dodgy app or for you to have installed a dodgy app that's already on their database. Its not like PC software that can look for certain virus characteristics and then put it in quarantine.

For example, I could release an app tomorrow that steals all your information. It would take a while for virus companies to add it to their database. Even the Google market is not immune to it as Google had to pull a number of apps a while ago and remove them remotely from peoples devices.

I use Lbe privacy app myself. You can revoke permissions from apps. Eg the camera app requiring your location. While this is used to tag where a photo was taken, I don't use this function so I block the position permission. There was a flashlight app that wanted imei number so as I didn't know why it would need it, I removed it.

Things like maps will obviously need your location but there are often other things that I personally don't let them use like access to contacts and messages. While there is a legitimate use for those permissions, I rarely use the share my location function so I can remove those permissions also. Everyone is different so your case may be totally different. Some permissions don't make any sense so they get blocked generally.

Guest twinkletino

There is no need for security generally speaking.If you go to dodgy sites, or load apps from sites other than the market, then you should be worried. The problem with phone antivirus apps is they rely on people reporting a dodgy app or for you to have installed a dodgy app that's already on their database. Its not like PC software that can look for certain virus characteristics and then put it in quarantine.

For example, I could release an app tomorrow that steals all your information. It would take a while for virus companies to add it to their database. Even the Google market is not immune to it as Google had to pull a number of apps a while ago and remove them remotely from peoples devices.

I use Lbe privacy app myself. You can revoke permissions from apps. Eg the camera app requiring your location. While this is used to tag where a photo was taken, I don't use this function so I block the position permission. There was a flashlight app that wanted imei number so as I didn't know why it would need it, I removed it.

Things like maps will obviously need your location but there are often other things that I personally don't let them use like access to contacts and messages. While there is a legitimate use for those permissions, I rarely use the share my location function so I can remove those permissions also. Everyone is different so your case may be totally different. Some permissions don't make any sense so they get blocked generally.

Thanks very much for that information Davidoff59....so its ok to do online shopping eg Argos,Tescos etc right? Sorry for these questions but I havent a clue and just want to make sure :blush:

Guest Davidoff59

I don't know is it just me but I always feel a bit more secure doing anything that involves money on a PC. I don't know why, I just do. For example, I would never access my bank account on any phone. I don't know what it is, maybe its the time that a Guy logged into his Facebook on my phone.He then logged out and closed the browser. I then found if I reopened the browser, I could access his account again. It wasn't just cache either as I could click on any if his friends and see their pics etc. So it just makes me more careful on what I access on my phone now.

Guest SteveNotts

Hi

Now rooted, unlocked and clockwork installed!

One problem though, if I turn the phone off then plug it in to chrge the Huawei logo comes on then the clockwork mod screen comes on?????? If I leave the phone on and plug in and charge its fine?

Any help please?

Cheers

Steve

Edited by SteveNotts

Guest FrankieADZ

Hi

Now rooted, unlocked and clockwork installed!

One problem though, if I turn the phone off then plug it in to chrge the Huawei logo comes on then the clockwork mod screen comes on?????? If I leave the phone on and plug in and charge its fine?

Any help please?

Cheers

Steve

good to hear u rooted,CMR ok :)

I think that issue to do with charging is a huawei fault, Im sure Seb404 has mentioned it. as for leaving it on while charging...I think its perfectly fine to leave it on while charging; I tend to do that and it seems fine

Guest eirlysbill1

yeah, me too. It is a common Huawei fault. I think it also effects an accurate battery reading as well. When I charge the phone (when on) the led light will change to green, anywhere above 90%, so that's lying to me. But, if I keep it plugged in it will go to 100%.

Battery life seems to be much better than the blade, though :P

Guest feckineejit

Yesterday i was using the stock music app, i had about 60% battery to start with, i had it on power save mode, after about 10 mins i noticed the battery had gone down to 23%, so i unpluged the headphones to save the little power i had left, after about half an hour i checked the phone again and it had gone up to 58%, does this happen to anyone else or is there something wrong with the battery?

Guest FrankieADZ

Yesterday i was using the stock music app, i had about 60% battery to start with, i had it on power save mode, after about 10 mins i noticed the battery had gone down to 23%, so i unpluged the headphones to save the little power i had left, after about half an hour i checked the phone again and it had gone up to 58%, does this happen to anyone else or is there something wrong with the battery?

thats happened to me too tbh

Guest twinkletino

Hiya, a bit help again needed please :wacko: when I put a micro sim into phone is there anything I should do after Ive inserted it (heard something about formatting..whatever that is :o ) if so how do I do it on this phone please :blush:

Hoping I just have to put into phone and thats it :D

Guest SteveNotts

good to hear u rooted,CMR ok :)

I think that issue to do with charging is a huawei fault, Im sure Seb404 has mentioned it. as for leaving it on while charging...I think its perfectly fine to leave it on while charging; I tend to do that and it seems fine

Cheers for that.

So in summary I can only charge if the phone is switched on?

A strange fault but hey..its a great phone :-)

Steve

Edited by SteveNotts

Guest punjabi

Hiya, a bit help again needed please :wacko: when I put a micro sim into phone is there anything I should do after Ive inserted it (heard something about formatting..whatever that is :o ) if so how do I do it on this phone please :blush:

Hoping I just have to put into phone and thats it :D

Hi

Are you referring to a Micro SD card instead...?

Guest twinkletino

Hi there punjabi....yes thats the one....for photos etc. Just having to put in and not do anything sounds just great to me :D and thank you so so much for helping me yet again...I really appreciate it :D :D

Guest FrankieADZ

Cheers for that.

So in summary I can only charge if the phone is switched on?

A strange fault but hey..its a great phone :-)

Steve

im not sure tbh, Ive never tried charging while its been off with this phone :wacko:

i think if this is a software issue. it could well be fixed with ICS..im just guessing.

Guest Davidoff59

With stock recovery with the phone off and charging, a battery animation comes up. I guess the cwm recovery removes this animation and confuses the phone.

Guest SteveNotts

HELP!

After rooting, unlocking and Clockwork on my phone, I now have bubbles under the glass (appear to be between glass and lcd screen)

I have seen someone else on here mention it also.

I have B885 original rom.

I now need to return it. Can you tell me how to remove root/clockwork please and also can I "Relock" the phone?

Cheers

Steve (Gutted)

Guest FrankieADZ

HELP!

After rooting, unlocking and Clockwork on my phone, I now have bubbles under the glass (appear to be between glass and lcd screen)

I have seen someone else on here mention it also.

I have B885 original rom.

I now need to return it. Can you tell me how to remove root/clockwork please and also can I "Relock" the phone?

Cheers

Steve (Gutted)

i dont know about the clockwork bit but u can unroot it by going to SuperSU & settings then full unroot.

how did u get bubbles appear?

Guest Davidoff59

I would reflash the stock rom. When I returned my phone, I left it switched on so they didn't mess about with it too much. I would remove the apps like Cwm and the Root app and chance it as its hardware related. If you have the official B885 then its an official rom.