CyanogenMod 9 ICS - Google Apps dont work

Guest li-bot

Guest li-bot

Hi

I bought a ZTE Skate, I had uploaded the new ROM CyanogenMod 9 ICS http://android.modaco.com/topic/349541-faq-rooting-for-beginners-updated-26-02-12/. I did everything as instructed but Google applications do not work http://android.modaco.com/topic/348745-ics-cm9-404-coldfusionx-for-the-zte-skate-rom-updated-0704/

After restarting the application does not appear in the menu is not no application from Google.

Do you know in what may be a problem?

Thanks for the advice, tips

Guest Der_Floo

Hi

I bought a ZTE Skate, I had uploaded the new ROM CyanogenMod 9 ICS http://android.modac...dated-26-02-12/. I did everything as instructed but Google applications do not work http://android.modac...m-updated-0704/

After restarting the application does not appear in the menu is not no application from Google.

Do you know in what may be a problem?

Thanks for the advice, tips

i had the problem a half year ago...i flashed orginal rom (and orginal zte TPT) and after this its work :)

Guest li-bot

I tried again but does not work.

"i had the problem a half year ago...i flashed orginal rom (and orginal zte TPT) and after this its work"

I'm new on Rooting Android, this sentence not understand much.

Guest Der_Floo

I tried again but does not work.

"i had the problem a half year ago...i flashed orginal rom (and orginal zte TPT) and after this its work"

I'm new on Rooting Android, this sentence not understand much.

no problem. do you have installed clockworkmod and root?

Guest jcmyall

How did you go about installing Clockwork Mod? If you used the TPThelper app (free from the market), you may have made the /system partition (the part of the phone's storage where Android is stored) smaller. When you install Google Apps, they install to the /system partition and will need the extra space there. If there's not enough space for the google apps, the installation may still appear to succeed, but the apps won't appear on the phone.

Your best bet is to use the TPThelper app, choose one of the presets (I think 1a?) and use that. You'll need to install ColdfusionX again (CM9) and all your data will be lost. Once you're back up and running, try installing the Google Apps again.

TPT = Total Phone Transfer. Using an image.bin file in a folder titled 'image' on the ROOT of your SD card, you can completely change what's on the phone. It can write to a recovery partition, the /system partition and even /data. Typical use is to use it as a last resort from a bad flash (You can return to the original android ROM which came with your phone this way), or if you need to change the size of the different partitions on the phone. Some TPT files will have an Android ROM on them, some of them don't. The TPThelper app will generate a suitable image.bin file and place it in the right place for you. You can perform a TPT by turning off the phone and holding down VOLUME UP + MENU + POWER with the file on your SD card.

I hope this helps.

Edited by jcmyall

Guest li-bot

yes, I have installed ClockworkMod.

I have improved oficilani ROM version with the superuser.

I want to switch to ICS, but only to resolve an issuewith Google Apps

Guest li-bot

yes, I installed them using TPT helper and I chose 150 megabytes memory and 35 megabytes cach.

Thanks for the message I will try increase the memory :)

Guest jcmyall

yes, I installed them using TPT helper and I chose 150 megabytes memory and 35 megabytes cach.

I did the exact same thing before and was all confused. For this reason I use the 200MB system partition with 35MB cache. Never had a problem since.

Let us know how it all goes :)

Guest li-bot

thank you very much

The problem was solved when I increased thecapacity of 200 megabytes

Thank you very much, so I've never seen speed,thanks again :)