[ROM][GB] MIUI Final - ICS theme - FR, EN, TR, IT, DE (update 23/05/12)

Guest youpi666

Guest nixonik

I did these steps

installed recovery

flashed rom

flashed Language Packs

the rom does not boot. stops at the acer logo, or restarts continuously

recommendations??

Guest youpi666

Launcher is always in memory inspite of disabling it

Yes, i voluntary do that for the optimisation of the launcher and smoothness.

You can remove it :

edit /system/build.prop

remove the line :

ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1

reboot.

I don't have FC and generally the less ram i have was above 25 Mo (A1). But i'm not a super power user.

Try to V6 supercharge, maybe it could really help.

Guest FeareX

Wow i have to say, this rom is great! Very good battery drain and everything seems to work very good!

I still have one question. Compared to the stock rom the light sensor doesnt seem to work. I tried tweaking the settings in the menu but the screen stays pretty dark. Is the sensor really not working or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for this great rom. Because of the very good battery life I can finally use a proper custom rom on my Liquid!

Guest FeareX

Thx for your quick answer! I already thought so.

By the way, I have found another small thing. In Whatsapp the last smiley on a sentence is automatically put to the next line. I gues that this is caused because of the sleaker font (less wide so a smiley doesn't "fit" in the same line). Is it possible to tweak the font so this won't happen? I know it's a really small thing and probably not one of your main concerns at this moment. But if there's an easy fix I would really like it :) I already tried to change the font size in Whatsapp but it didn't matter.

Oh and btw for the people who like to know the battery life of this rom. I have my phone running on a single charge for 1d 5h 35m and I'm @29% at this moment. I have 3G running all the time, wifi only when I need it, gmail set as push and the screen brightness is @~50% . I have disabled the proximity sensor, removed the e-mail app (saves me another service), disabled the location service (saves me another service and I can easily enable GPS in the quick access menu). At this charge I did some "whatsapping", checked e-mails and normal browsing.

All in all I'm very satisfied with this ROM. Some minor bugs such as the font and the light sensor don't bother me enough to go back to the stock ROM! :)

Guest youpi666

check the theme menu and try to download other theme with different font. If it's a font problem you'll must have some result.

Edited by youpi666

Guest FeareX

check the theme menu and try to download other theme with different font. If it's a font problem you'll must have some result.

Thanks for you reply. Very good tip, I tried different theme's and fonts but unfortunatly nothing fixed the Whatsapp problem. On the bright side, I found a very nice theme :)

To clarify the Whatsapp problem I made a photo:

RIMG0002.jpg

And while I was making pictures, I also made one off the theme :P :

RIMG0003.jpg

If anyone wants to know the theme, let me know.

Edited by FeareX

Guest youpi666

all rom with undervolt kernel not start on my liquide.

I can get the not undervolt boot.img for this rom?

tnx

Before flashing the rom, open the .zip with 7zip (don't extract, just open). Go to '/system/etc/init.d' and delete the file '00undervoltedkernel'. Close 7zip

now you have the same rom without the undervolt values.

Guest Ma7moud

does V2 support 128MHz minimum cpu frequency ? it helps with battery drain on LiquidNext Mix and my phone doesn't have problems with deep sleep on this frequency

Guest Ma7moud

and where is the ICS animations .zip file for V2 ?

sorry i didn't notice you said its the same :D

Edited by Ma7moud

Guest youpi666

I've notice a long time ago the litle slow speed of the lockscreen, but i'm in love with his music player design.

If your not MIUI familiar and want try another, you could go to the theme app => personnalize them => and choose in the lockscreens available online ;)

(and of course you can go back to this one when choose 'ics mod' theme)

You'll also see that you could modify a lot of thinks.

Well, after the super speedy phase test at 1113 Mhz, i'm go back to a sufficient oc values (1036, good balance between perf and battery for me). The battery drain in fact is little better than 1.1.

Edited by youpi666

Guest rengeneer

Hi, i've been using this rom for a week now. I think it's great, but have some problems with high battery drain (I've already done the calibration with the die hard battery calibrator script). From 93% to 14% in 8 hours: few phone calls, a little browsing, and 20 min of music. I tried to use Juice Defender to limit the internet access, but it doesn't really seem to help. I also use setCPU with smartass. I'd really appreciate if anyone could tell me if there's anything I can do.

Guest youpi666

how version did you use ? The 1.1 ? Because this one have some problems with other governor than interactiveX or on demand.

You not need juice defender or so on MIUI, in the dropdown task bar you can set on/off the wifi, and if you set off the data it automatically toggle to 2G.

Always thinks to toggle off these two thinks when you don't use it (it's a good advice for any GB rom ;) )

But for the moment, the first think i coul said is : try the V2 ;)

Charge it this night , from this morning to now, above 13 hours, i've made 1 hour and half of music and comics reading, some calls and SMS, no wifi and now i'm at 77 %.

Oc : 245-1036, smartassV2, noop scheduler.

Guest FeareX

I'm having good battery life too (still on 1.1). I disabled location, proximity and ofcourse don't use the facebook app (the drain from that app is incredible :P )

Is the new version really that much better? Is there an "easy way" to upgrade without losing my apps and settings? Or is there a way to backup everything and put it back after a flash?

Grtz. FeareX

Guest youpi666

I disabled proximity

A very good trick to read here people ! :)

I've constat that when the proximity have laggy behavior, the phone seems to lost more battery after. So don't forget to disable proximity and use sanity.

No not possible for the flash, because too many change done in this one (even if they seems to be transparent), i've try to just flash without wipe on top on 1.1 but finally i've past more time too fix the little bug of manip than reinstall my app.

The new version is more stable, to same oc values it's smoother.

It's not really evident on the first use, but in long time, this one 'll more stable and usable.

Edited by youpi666

Guest Tj3n

thanks for this rom :D it run very smooth and great!

hope to see more update from u to make it more perfect!

i havnt tried the V2 but in the v1.1, i leave it for ~15h with no wifi and 2g,some sms, only lose 8% of battery! =O

btw question: is the 245-1036 OC really stable and doesnt waste much battery? im using liquid E =)

Edited by Tj3n

Guest youpi666

btw question: is the 245-1036 OC really stable and doesnt waste much battery? im using liquid E =)

Yes it's stable with the new voltage values. But it also depends of you cpu, certains support oc better than other.

The best things to do is to put an oc app as incredicontrol and try without check apply on boot ;)

edit :

for the battery drain :

depends of your user profile :

for a balance user when you use the phone you'll be to the max values consumption 'll be higher than non oc. When the phone is sleeping, consumption lesser. In final you'll have above the same drain as non oc.

for super power user, you will problably past more time to high oc values, so battery drain 'll be higher than non oc.

and for finish, If you're low user, you'll have a better battery drain.

Edited by youpi666

Guest Tj3n

thanks >< i got it now

1 more noob question : is there any how i can save all my apps before flash again? T_T i really lazy and i dun want play game all over again