G300 - Much of an upgrade from the San Fran?

Guest nevdroid

Guest nevdroid

Considering getting one of these for the missus as a replacement to San Fran / ZTE Skate that has become a bit more sluggish with newer apps recently. (Facebook App struggles badly).

Is it much of a step up?

Thanks

Guest Daniel Meah

Yeh its 100% better.

Get X4 the benchmark on quadrant, More storage space. Much faster. and ICS upgrade soon :D

Guest raverrr

Biiig step up :). The g300 is a very good handset. only one snag witch is the volume being low. But snappy, nice display, internal sd etc. I recommend it as a budget smartphone .

Guest RussellS

Here is a post I made in another thread:

If you are wondering if the G300 will be a decent upgrade from the Blade then YES. I was perfectly happy with my Blade, albeit with a few little niggles, but I thought it was a great phone for the price. However, getting the G300 I just realise how much things have moved on at this price point. The things I use my phone for has now changed significantly. I use my phone all the time now for Facebook, eBay, sat nav and general web browsing (and for posting on these forums using Tapatalk) because the battery life is just so much better, the WiFi is so much more reliable, and the screen is that much bigger. Anyone who thinks that the screen is only half inch bigger so it won't make much difference, think again. I couldn't beleive how much more usable it is compared to the Blade.

....and with regard to facebook, I use mine all the time for it. I rarely use my PC for FB now at all.

Guest toge64

Biiig step up :). The g300 is a very good handset. only one snag witch is the volume being low. But snappy, nice display, internal sd etc. I recommend it as a budget smartphone .

Low volume? You're using b888 right?

There is a volume fix through official update,and to be honest it's not that low with the volume patch.

As for the device....well it is awesome,no other word for it.I came from skate,blade before that,and the g300 is in a different dimension.The battery is so amazing,and thats not just because general battery life is very good,but also the quick charge technology is really handy.For example,I can be at 25% battery,put phone on charge,eat a meal,come back 20min+ later and I have 75% battery.

Not forgetting that the g300 is Armv7 which opens up a whole new world of android,especially game wise,and it plays all the CPU intense games with ease,other than the obvious games like gta3,which does play reasonably well but not perfect.

And as mentioned,official ICS in the summer,which will probably make CM9 much more likely too.

Edited by Guest

Guest FrankieADZ

If your looking for a very good phone for the money...in terms of value for money; then I'd certainly say get 1.

I have to admit, I was unsure about getting aswell but everything about it is a step up...i dont think you'll regret getting 1

Guest skull_fcuk

It's a lovely phone indeed. Very fast, responsive, plays games like R-Type like silk, and the feel is very substantial despite the low price. My Blade will always have a place in my heart, as I cut my teeth on it, and it'll now be passed onto my 5 year old son as his device, albeit minus the Sim card. Once the G300 gets its ICS update it'll be an unarguable titan among the other phones at this price point. Money well spent indeed.