XMOD: Region / Device / Root patched Google Wallet

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Hammermann

I think it can be switched back after you get the card up and going...I'm going to try it later *edit confirmed, works

run a logcat while you are "activating" if you see (no smx detected) you are going to have to find some nfc libs that have it enabled and that will not break your nfc

long press the app after setting mount rw...scroll down and you will see it

what rom? needs to be the latest (LFB) or use the nfc libs from it

Thank you finally got somewhere. I ran alogcat and as you suspected No SMX detected. So I do a little research on nfc libs. I'm running custom rom Diet ICS 6.4.12 I also have a Rooted stock rom I can restore. I wasn't sure what to long press! Any more help would be great. Edited by Hammermann

Guest ogdobber

Thank you finally got somewhere. I ran alogcat and as you suspected No SMX detected. So I do a little research on nfc libs. I'm running custom rom Diet ICS 6.4.12 I also have a Rooted stock rom I can restore. I wasn't sure what to long press! Any more help would be great.

for the i747

get the libs from a sprint sgs3 (should be close enough to work)

the .so files need the secure element enabled (smx) while compiling (from source), so you will need to find some that do...sprint are because wallet works on those phones.

you will need libnfc.so, libnfc_jni.so, and libnfc_ndef.so

adb push those in, or use root explorer and set the permissions to rw-r-r-

worst case scenario is your nfc will break, so backup your original .so files

Guest ogdobber

well I got it up and running just wont add a google card to it now just says try later, I even tried changing my build.prop like above

for build.prop, did you change these 4 values? it is what worked for me

model=htc_jewel

brand=htc_jewel

name=m0xx

device=htc_jewel

Guest Titlewave

I think it can be switched back after you get the card up and going...I'm going to try it later *edit confirmed, works

run a logcat while you are "activating" if you see (no smx detected) you are going to have to find some nfc libs that have it enabled and that will not break your nfc

long press the app after setting mount rw...scroll down and you will see it

what rom? needs to be the latest (LFB) or use the nfc libs from it

Running the stock ROM. What are the nfc libs?

Guest Hammermann

for the i747

the .so files need the secure element enabled (smx) while compiling (from source), so you will need to find some that do...sprint are because wallet works on those phones.

Awesome - I will start the hunt for the Sprint .so files. I don't suppose the .so files I have on my Galaxy Nexus (GSM International version) which I had working on AT&T would do the trick?

Guest PaulOBrien

Hey Paul i was wondering if the galaxy s3 rom you made, the vanilla one, does it have the nfc capabilities or did you only add that future in the kitchen. Im kinda have a problem where i want to use your amazing google wallet abilities with CM9 but i also want to use MHL as CM9 doesnt support it and probably never will. Your rom, if the NFC is added to the vanilla one will solve my problem because it is stock allowing MHL and moded allowing wallet :D Are you gonna add it to the Vaniila Rom in the near future?

Should work on the Vanilla version fine. In the kitchen, choose the new NFC compatability option.

P

Guest ogdobber

Awesome - I will start the hunt for the Sprint .so files. I don't suppose the .so files I have on my Galaxy Nexus (GSM International version) which I had working on AT&T would do the trick?

100% no, has to be a similar phone/rom

Guest Hammermann

for the i747

So I tried the .so files on my International Nexus on my GS3 and the options for NFR, SBeam etc went away! Still looking for Sprint .so files. Maybe I'll buy one snag the files and return it, or not! Just read your reply oops! You are 100% correct. Thanks anyway. Edited by Hammermann

Guest ogdobber

So I tried the .so files on my International Nexus on my GS3 and the options for NFR, SBeam etc went away! Still looking for Sprint .so files. Maybe I'll buy one snag the files and return it, or not! Just read your reply oops! You are 100% correct. Thanks anyway.

go on xda, I think I saw a custom stock/rom for the sprint sgs3. pull them out of there

Guest Hammermann

go on xda, I think I saw a custom stock/rom for the sprint sgs3. pull them out of there

Did like you said and pulled a Sprint rom from xda and pushed the files. After a week of hammering away it was exciting to get passed the Activating spinning circle of doom! So now I'm getting "Error adding card" however I am able to see my previous transactions from when I had GW on my Nexus. I got this far without editing my build.prop file. Here are some screen shots http://picasaweb.goo...feat=directlink -- I just tried to add my Citi MC which let me put in all the card info but came back with "Error adding card" however the card show in the screen with my name and the last four digets with the expiration date. Very curious indeed. I have not tried to edit the prop.build since using the Sprint .so files. might be time. Edited by Hammermann

Guest ogdobber

Did like you said and pulled a Sprint rom from xda and pushed the files. After a week of hammering away it was exciting to get passed the Activating spinning circle of doom! So now I'm getting "Error adding card" however I am able to see my previous transactions from when I had GW on my Nexus. I got this far without editing my build.prop file. Here are some screen shots http://picasaweb.google.com/111416687603933703978/GWScreenShots?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCK-uuMOKncb1mAE&feat=directlink

That's where I was before editing the build.prop. it needs to be htc_jewel in 3 places, and m0xx (I think in the other, check a few posts ago) then remove card, clear davlik cache in recovery and you should be money

Guest Hammermann

That's where I was before editing the build.prop. it needs to be htc_jewel in 3 places, and m0xx (I think in the other, check a few posts ago) then remove card, clear davlik cache in recovery and you should be money

Just tired to mod the build.prop in the four places suggested and clear the davlik with no luck! I can tast the money! When I try to boot the Samsung pops up very quickly then I get the Galaxy S III splash screen for 2 seconds then black. I have to do a battary pull to re boot into CWM. So close

Guest ogdobber

Just tired to mod the build.prop in the four places suggested and clear the davlik with no luck! I can tast the money! When I try to boot the Samsung pops up very quickly then I get the Galaxy S III splash screen for 2 seconds then black. I have to do a battary pull to re boot into CWM. So close

Can you post a pic of your edited build.prop?

Guest Hammermann

Ok. Leave the ro.product.name alone just do the 3 htc_jewel edit

Here is a screen shot of the edit to the prop.build file. Still no boot after. Just to make sure - I first boot into CWM (5.5.0.4) Advanced - Wipe Dalvik Cache Then reboot the system?

https://picasaweb.google.com/111416687603933703978/PropBuild2?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCPfp48-Mxp6L2AE&feat=directlink

Guest Hammermann

Here is a screen shot of the edit to the prop.build file. Still no boot after. Just to make sure - I first boot into CWM (5.5.0.4) Advanced - Wipe Dalvik Cache Then reboot the system?

https://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink

What rom are you using?

I just tried changing the name DIET to Hugh in the prop.build and still no boot.

ro.build.display.id=DIET ICS! I747 v7.11.12

Edited by Hammermann

Guest ogdobber

What rom are you using?

I'm running Paul's Rom.

Can you just upload you build.prop file and I will have a better look later on my computer. Too much of a pain on my phone...

If you want to keep messing with it, try different variations with htc_jewel between model,brand, and device...leave name alone...start with not changing device

Guest Hammermann

I'm running Paul's Rom.

Can you just upload you build.prop file and I will have a better look later on my computer. Too much of a pain on my phone...

If you want to keep messing with it, try different variations with htc_jewel between model,brand, and device...leave name alone...start with not changing device

I don't know how to upload here but this is a link to Google Docs where you can download it. Many thanks for all your help. I to take my wife out to dinner now or it divorce for me! Thanks again.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3HovCht3dJNU0pCa0YtdnNpOWs

Guest ogdobber

I don't know how to upload here but this is a link to Google Docs where you can download it. Many thanks for all your help. I to take my wife out to dinner now or it divorce for me! Thanks again.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3HovCht3dJNU0pCa0YtdnNpOWs

There is one more edit in the build.prop that is dependant...I will see if I can find it on my phone, but most likely in a couple hours on my computer

Guest chris.ayoubtexas

Did like you said and pulled a Sprint rom from xda and pushed the files. After a week of hammering away it was exciting to get passed the Activating spinning circle of doom! So now I'm getting "Error adding card" however I am able to see my previous transactions from when I had GW on my Nexus. I got this far without editing my build.prop file. Here are some screen shots http://picasaweb.goo...feat=directlink -- I just tried to add my Citi MC which let me put in all the card info but came back with "Error adding card" however the card show in the screen with my name and the last four digets with the expiration date. Very curious indeed. I have not tried to edit the prop.build since using the Sprint .so files. might be time.

So if i'm on stock rooted on a att galaxy s3 and I do the build.prop fixes and put in the special .so files it will work? hm...could you post the .so files?

Edited by chris.ayoubtexas

Guest ogdobber

https://docs.google....U0pCa0YtdnNpOWs

one last go (guess)

ro.product.model=htc_jewel

ro.product.brand=htc_jewel

ro.product.device=htc_jewel

ro.build.product=htc_jewel

new one is the product...possible it needs to match on the at&t phone

lastly if that doesn't work, get a logcat while it is booting (sorry alogcat will not work) this should tell what the errors on booting are...

then get a logcat (if you have to go back to the stock build.prop) when you try to activate card...again it will give clues what to look for, rather than just shooting in the dark

Guest ogdobber

So if i'm on stock rooted on a att galaxy s3 and I do the build.prop fixes and put in the special .so files it will work? hm...could you post the .so files?

still not working on att, we need to figure out what build.prop edits are needed. you will however need the nfc libs (3 of them) from a sprint rom

Edited by ogdobber

Guest chris.ayoubtexas

still not working on att, we need to figure out what build.prop edits are needed. you will however need the nfc libs (3 of them) from a sprint rom

ok so i grabbed the .so libs from a nightly build of cm9 for the sprint gs3. i put them in my /system/libs directory using es file explorer (root), checked permissions, but now my nfc option has disappeared on reboot. maybe i got the wrong libs?

update: i tried libs from the stock rom and now google wallet activates but im stilll waiitng on the adding card error

Edited by chris.ayoubtexas

Guest Kermagod

For those of you that are getting the "adding prepaid card" error, I can confirm the post below worked on my HTC One X with a stock rooted ROM. There was no need to hide root, just followed instructions.

http://forum.xda-dev...4&postcount=149

Got pointed in that direction by this post on this thread

If you're having difficulty finding the other ro.product.model, try looking just below the ro.ril.vmail section.

You only need to change the 2 "ro.product.model" lines and the "ro.product.device" line, nothing else.

My first ro.product.model was on line 38 and the second was line 87, with the ro.product.device on line 90.

Hope this helps.