XMOD: Region / Device / Root patched Google Wallet

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest chris.ayoubtexas

omg ok i got it working on att galaxy s 3 with the sprint lib.so files. i used ro.product.model,name and device, set the htc jewel. and the account activates and it adds cards and works!

Guest Robert Davidson

I have the wallet installed and a card added giving me $30 credit on my S3, I have tried to use the phone to pay for something in McDonalds but nothing happens, NFC is turned on, am I missing something, first time trying to use it and feel a twat at the counter.

Guest Hammermann

For those of you that are getting the "adding prepaid card" error, I can confirm the post below worked on my HTC One X with a stock rooted ROM. There was no need to hide root, just followed instructions.

http://forum.xda-dev...4&postcount=149

Got pointed in that direction by this post on this thread

If you're having difficulty finding the other ro.product.model, try looking just below the ro.ril.vmail section.

You only need to change the 2 "ro.product.model" lines and the "ro.product.device" line, nothing else.

My first ro.product.model was on line 38 and the second was line 87, with the ro.product.device on line 90.

Hope this helps.

Unfortunately this will not work on the AT&T GS3. At least not on DIET ICS 7.11.12 rom Edited by Hammermann

Guest Hammermann

omg ok i got it working on att galaxy s 3 with the sprint lib.so files. i used ro.product.model,name and device, set the htc jewel. and the account activates and it adds cards and works!

Looks like you did it. Good work, sorry I was not around to get you the .so files. Not working for me on the DIET ICS 7.11.12 rom for some reason. Phone will not get past the Galaxy SIII splash screen after edit to build.prop file.

Guest Hammermann

one last go (guess)

ro.product.model=htc_jewel

ro.product.brand=htc_jewel

ro.product.device=htc_jewel

ro.build.product=htc_jewel

new one is the product...possible it needs to match on the at&t phone

lastly if that doesn't work, get a logcat while it is booting (sorry alogcat will not work) this should tell what the errors on booting are...

then get a logcat (if you have to go back to the stock build.prop) when you try to activate card...again it will give clues what to look for, rather than just shooting in the dark

On to plan X! This still staled me out after the Galaxy SIII splash screen on boot. I'll post after I get some log data. Just tried [root] live logcat. It did not work on boot as the boot stalled out before it could run. Edited by Hammermann

Guest Hammermann

When you say "set the htc jewel" you used htc_jewel (using the under score) ?

Guest vertico

Can any one help.. I keep trying to install it on Xperia S.

1. I cant install from /system/app

2. I cant install from /data/app

3. I can't see app from app tray

Can anyone shine any light whether it is physically impossible to install on Xperia S?

Guest ogdobber

awesome confirmed on att i guess

I have the wallet installed and a card added giving me $30 credit on my S3, I have tried to use the phone to pay for something in McDonalds but nothing happens, NFC is turned on, am I missing something, first time trying to use it and feel a twat at the counter.

I heard mcDonalds is the problem....

When you say "set the htc jewel" you used htc_jewel (using the under score) ?

yes, with the under score. possibly the issue is with diet rom...maybe they have made a change that doesn't allow the build.prop edit

Can any one help.. I keep trying to install it on Xperia S.

1. I cant install from /system/app

2. I cant install from /data/app

3. I can't see app from app tray

Can anyone shine any light whether it is physically impossible to install on Xperia S?

you either need to adb push it to system/app or copy and paste using root explorer then set the permissions

Guest Hammermann

awesome confirmed on att i guess

I heard mcDonalds is the problem....

yes, with the under score. possibly the issue is with diet rom...maybe they have made a change that doesn't allow the build.prop edit

you either need to adb push it to system/app or copy and paste using root explorer then set the permissions

Maybe - What rom are you using?

Guest Hammermann

On to plan X! This still staled me out after the Galaxy SIII splash screen on boot. I'll post after I get some log data. Just tried [root] live logcat. It did not work on boot as the boot stalled out before it could run.

Just flashed Ultimatum S3 1.0.1 to see if that made any difference. After pushing the Sprint .so files etc ran into the same exact problem trying to boot. I was getting an error on the DIET rom in the play store and could not download the logcat app. I'll try now and report back.

Guest Titlewave

I got to the point of activation by edition the build.prop and replacing my three lib.so files from the Sprint S3 CM9 nightly but now my NFC capability is gone. Any advice?

Guest Hammermann

I got to the point of activation by edition the build.prop and replacing my three lib.so files from the Sprint S3 CM9 nightly but now my NFC capability is gone. Any advice?

Previous post reported those .so files don't work. Search on xda for Sprint rom called Galaxy-S-fre3-1.1.zip I was able to pull them from there and they worked. I would post the extracted files here but I can't figure it out!!!

Guest chris.ayoubtexas

So basically what i did is i extracted the libnfc.so, libnfc_jni.so, and libnfc_ndef.so for the nfc from a ota sprint galaxy s3 download rom from the forums. Then i put them in my /system/lib directory and checked permissions. The i modified my build.prop to say "htc_jewel" in the spots ro.product.model ro.product.name and ro.product.device. Then i installed the hacked wallet apk in /system/app and checked permissions. I reboot, turned on nfc, and wallet activated and added cards. All on a att galaxy s3 stock rooted.

Here is the link to the rom i used forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1743923

Yay free mcdonalds.

Guest Hammermann

i'm on modaco's...but i have an int sgs3...doesn't work for att sgs3

Got it! Finally. I'm not sure which one of these things did the trick but here it is.

after getting the Sprint .so files in place and the GW hack apk in place...

Edit build.prop

model=htc_jewel

name=jewel

device=jewel

--Boot into recover and wipe both cache files

--Boot device

And for all my troubles my balance went from $1.23 to $10. Somehow even though I have a transaction history I got an other ten clams. Don't send the Google Police!

Anyway thank you for all your help. I'm going to CVS Pharmacy and buy a pack of smokes.

Cheers!

Guest ogdobber

Got it! Finally. I'm not sure which one of these things did the trick but here it is.

Edit build.prop

model=htc_jewel

name=jewel

device=jewel

--Boot device

And for all my troubles my balance went from $1.23 to $10. Somehow even though I have a transaction history I got an other ten clams. Don't send the Google Police!

Anyway thank you for all your help. I'm going to CVS Pharmacy and buy a pack of smokes.

Cheers!

awesome!

really the key is the libs with the security element enabled (google wallet app)...

then the build.prop for the card (supported devices)

you got another $10 because it is a new phone...your gnex will still be $1.23, and they don't share balances

Guest Titlewave

Edit build.prop

model=htc_jewel

name=jewel

device=jewel

--Boot device

Cheers!

Unfortunately this didn't work for me. Still get the insufficient privileges message. :( Verizon S3

Guest Hammermann

awesome!

really the key is the libs with the security element enabled (google wallet app)...

you got another $10 because it is a new phone...your gnex will still be $1.23, and they don't share balances

BIG P.S Really BIG. Do not edit the prop.build file on your phone using ES Explorer. for what ever reason it does not save correctly. This is what tripped me up the whole time I think. You need to edit the file on your pc or mac and then push it to your phone. Crazy but it's true.

Guest ogdobber

BIG P.S Really BIG. Do not edit the prop.build file on your phone using ES Explorer. for what ever reason it does not save correctly. This is what tripped me up the whole time I think. You need to edit the file on your pc or mac and then push it to your phone. Crazy but it's true.

haha, thats what it was. just a side note, root explorer does the edit just fine (well worth the 3.99)

Guest Hammermann

awesome!

Sometimes you just got to love it! Thanks again. (When I swiped my phone at CVS the blank look on the cashers face was PRICELESS! She said does this work in an iPhone! Ha No I said. Then she said better not loose your phone. Anyway cool moment and I got my free pack of smokes!

Guest ogdobber

Update! I finally got this working on my Verizon S3! Thanks to everyone for their help, now only to test it out. :)

how did you do it? the att/tmo way?