XMOD: Region / Device / Root patched Google Wallet

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest salada

Tried to use Google Wallet this morning, but after successfully touching the wireless till, I got asked for a pin! I tried my GW pin and I tried no pin and on both attempts I got transaction declined...

Guest DistortedLoop

Tried to use Google Wallet this morning, but after successfully touching the wireless till, I got asked for a pin! I tried my GW pin and I tried no pin and on both attempts I got transaction declined...

You shouldn't be asked for the pin by the retailer. Something wrong on their end. There's mixed reports about whether you have to open the Wallet app all the way, including entering your PIN on the phone, to use Wallet. My experience has been you're much more likely to have a smooth transaction if you have the phone on, Wallet open, PIN entered before tapping the phone. Ironically, this makes it as much hassle as just pulling my credit card out of my Wallet. Other than the free $10 Google's been nice enough to give me for each of my NFC-enabled phones, Wallet's really more of a gimmick than anything useful, even with my Citi credit card attached to it (I'd much rather use my AMEX).

Guest salada

You shouldn't be asked for the pin by the retailer. Something wrong on their end. There's mixed reports about whether you have to open the Wallet app all the way, including entering your PIN on the phone, to use Wallet. My experience has been you're much more likely to have a smooth transaction if you have the phone on, Wallet open, PIN entered before tapping the phone. Ironically, this makes it as much hassle as just pulling my credit card out of my Wallet. Other than the free $10 Google's been nice enough to give me for each of my NFC-enabled phones, Wallet's really more of a gimmick than anything useful, even with my Citi credit card attached to it (I'd much rather use my AMEX).

Tried a second retailer today (1st 7/11, then Maccas). Again, asked to enter a PIN number on the PayPass terminal's keypad. My GW was unlocked and open on the screen. GW said the transaction is 'awaiting authorisation'. The pinpad/paypass reader said 'transaction declined' after I first entered 1) my GW pin 2) no pin at all.

Not winning here....? I'll note however that I've changed my build.prop back to its original state as I mentioned earlier so I could get my exchange based email working again. Perhaps I should mod the build.prop back to htc_jewel and try again?

Guest Hammermann

I wonder if 4G isn't blocked but 3G is. My phone's HSPA+ only. Really annoying that AT&T blocks anything.

AT&T really sucks in that respect for sure. I was getting to the money network over the HSPA+ as I don't have LTE in my area yet.

Guest Hammermann

I had similar problems with my Google Nexus that ran a legit version of GW. At CVS the person would ask me for the last four digits which I was able to pull up but it was not the info the terminal was looking for. Then at the same store on an other day it buzzed straight through. I can confirm it will run the charge as long as GW is running in the background as in I previously entered my GW pin and let the app run in the background. I have not tried to see if it will invoke the app when it detects NFC. It's a bit hit and miss for sure. It's cools when it works and I look like a dork waiving my phone at the paypass when it dosen't !

Guest Muloo

Hi, pushed this on my I9300 using latest Gary Rom. Did not need to alter the build.prop. i got pased the activating account, even got a mail to say welcome.

Now my Q. is, do i need to add a card or is my free 10$ on there anyway for me to test @ Mc Donald here in Belgium?

Guest endiz

Hey Paul,

I'm trying to add google wallet to my stock+root One XL. I copied the apk over to /system/app and changed the permissions to match the other apk's in the directory.

When I launch Wallet, I try to activate my account but I get the following error: "Insufficient secure element privileges for this system image (release-keys)."

Do you happen to know what the problem is?

Thanks!

Guest Paulo S.

@Paul

My Nexus 7 (purchased in the UK) came with 1.1-R67-v13 pre loaded (and frozen by default) and I was able to set up a card in my GW and get the $10 on it. However, your patched app doesn't seem to be working on the N7...

I ADB'ed your patched apk to /system/app, set the proper permissions, did a reset of the wallet settings, froze the original GW apk and rebooted. Curious thing is that the patched apk shows up in /system/app but no trace of it in both Titanium Backup and installed apps list.

Apparently, the stock GW app is working fine but the yellow "Unsupported device" banner annoys me a bit. ;)

Edited by Paulo S.

Guest Paulo S.

I'm using it on my N7 OK! :/

Are you sure the permissions are right?

P

rw-r--r-- (permissions set with Root Explorer).

It's visible in system/app but doesn't show up in Titanium Backup... Weird.

Guest MadStu

Thanks mate :D

Large Big Mac Meal with Chocolate milkshake. Worked flawlessly :)

post-175988-13431653410138_thumb.jpg

Paid with my Galaxy S III :D

Edited by MadStu

Guest PaulOBrien
Thanks mate :D

Large Big Mac Meal with Chocolate milkshake. Worked flawlessly :)

post-175988-13431653410138_thumb.jpg

Paid with my Galaxy S III :D

Woohoo! :-)

P

Guest xTristinx

Tried a second retailer today (1st 7/11, then Maccas). Again, asked to enter a PIN number on the PayPass terminal's keypad. My GW was unlocked and open on the screen. GW said the transaction is 'awaiting authorisation'. The pinpad/paypass reader said 'transaction declined' after I first entered 1) my GW pin 2) no pin at all.

Not winning here....? I'll note however that I've changed my build.prop back to its original state as I mentioned earlier so I could get my exchange based email working again. Perhaps I should mod the build.prop back to htc_jewel and try again?

I was using google wallet perfectly fine until i add 48 dollars from a 50 dollar prepaid mastercard and started getting the same problem as you. all i see on my reciept is authorizing transaction then it gets declined :(

Guest HTCFan0923

I just tried to install it on my HTC One X here in the States. The install went fine but of course, it's now stuck on the Activating account screen. Blast AT&T for making it hard for me to use it. Any thoughts on how to get it working?

Guest Paulo S.

Finally, I was able to put Paul's patched wallet apk to work in my device. Woot! :D

As I needed to do a data reset to factory settings on my Nexus 7 to (successfully) get the US$ 25 Play Store credit and free content (using a configured VPN since I'm in Portugal), I had to configure the wallet again. As expected, as soon as I defrosted the stock wallet app in TB and launched it, I got the infamous "country restriction" message and app wouldn't start, so here's what I did:

1. Moved the stock Wallet apk to a folder in /sd card.

2. Copied the patched wallet apk to /system/app and set the permissions on it (rw-r--r--) with Root Explorer.

3. Rebooted Nexus 7.

4. Wallet became visible in the apps list > launched the app (country restriction and "unsupported device" messages didn't show up).

5. Confirmed all the steps asked by the app > configured PIN > Configured Google PayPass Card > US$10 free credit granted. (might take a while to complete the whole process).

Please note:

a. Your device needs to be rooted in order to do this.

b. Do not install the patched wallet app... It will fail. Just copy it to /system/app and set the proper permissions (as stated in step 2).

c. As stated in the OP, please reset the stock wallet within the app and before moving it to a folder in /sd card.

Have fun! ^_^

Edited by Paulo S.

Guest RayYung

Hi,

I come from a device without a built-in GWallet (the OS is 4.0.3). I try to use this apk by copy it to /system/app and set the permissions to (rw-r--r--) but it didn't showup in app drawer. I also reboot and wipe cache and dalvik cache but no help.

Is there anything I need to do to "install" it?

Thank you

Edited by RayYung

Guest xTristinx

2012-07-29%2010.19.00.png

I've started to have issues now :(

I had this because i upgraded my rom but once i went back down to the older firmware where it worked it went away

Guest Northern-Loop

I had this because i upgraded my rom but once i went back down to the older firmware where it worked it went away

Thanks but tried reset wallet before doing that and now just sticks on adding card?

Guest Hammermann

I had this problem yesterday at on CVS store and then I went down the road to an other CVS and it worked with not problem. UPDATE: Tried to use it today at the CVS that it has worked before and NO GO. Each time I swiped it the phone would play the sound and vibrate and then the "Ask cashier..." screen poped up. The good news is my GNex is up and running question is can I transfer the $50 I have on my GS3? Edited by Hammermann

Guest Hammermann

Now that GW is well and good on my AT&T GS3 I thought I would fire up my GNex GSM (International - Unlocked) I updated to 4.1.1 stock OTA then re-rooted the phone. Upon starting GW that was stock with the 4.1.1 and got the nice welcome "Unfortunately, Google Wallet is not yet available for your device or mobile network." Using this same Nexus phone on the same AT&T network on ICS roms I had not problem using GW. I did not even have a sim card in at the time I got the error message. I'll report back after I get a sim card in and see what happens. UPDATE: As soon as I got a sim card in the GNex GW fired up no problem. It interesting that on the 3 devices I now have GW on that the GS3 and the GNex are in sync when I look at the Transactions tab in GW. However my Nexus 7 only has the one transaction I used it for.

Edited by Hammermann

Guest Hammermann

I got my Nexus 7 from the PlayStore. Very nice for $200. I rooted and fired up the stock GW and there was my $10 waiting for me. If you thought I got some odd looks swiping my GS3 and my Nexus at the check out at CVS you should have seen the looks I got waving the Nexus 7 across the reader! But it worked.

Guest RayYung

Hi,

My device does not come with GWallet so there is no apk to replace. When I push or copy paul's version to /system/app, do I leave the name as is(com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel.modaco.1.1-r67-v12.apk) or do I need to rename it?

Thank you so much for answering.