XMOD: Region / Device / Root patched Google Wallet

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ogdobber

Hi,

My device does not come with GWallet so there is no apk to replace. When I push or copy paul's version to /system/app, do I leave the name as is(com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel.modaco.1.1-r67-v12.apk) or do I need to rename it?

Thank you so much for answering.

yes, or no. it doesn't matter

Guest salada

WooHoo! Success! Should have posted this a couple weeks ago, sorry for the late report. After updating the latest firmware for my GS3 (which at the time was LFB based), everything started working, this time no need to edit build.prop.

Just pushed apk to system/app, and ran it. Card activated (again). Showed balance of $10. This time, when I went to use it, it authorised successfully. Nothing asked me for a PIN and everything went as you would expect for a contactless payment. No more looking like a complete tit at the checkout. Seems nfc.apk was also updated in the firmware release.

Hope that helps someone. :)

Guest RayYung

yes, or no. it doesn't matter

I must have missed something.. I use root explorer to copy the file (com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel.modaco.1.1-r67-v12.apk) to /system/app, change permission to rw-r--r-- but I don't see the Wallet in the app drawer. I rebooted my phone and still can't find it. I double check and I can see the apk is in /system/app but I can't run it...

Thank you for any help.

Guest HTCFan0923

Finally, I was able to put Paul's patched wallet apk to work in my device. Woot! :D

2. Copied the patched wallet apk to /system/app and set the permissions on it (rw-r--r--) with Root Explorer.

Have fun! ^_^

Hey Paulo!

I have never set permissions before on a Android device. How exactly do I do that using Root Explorer. I have done everything else but the permissions so I feel that may allow me to get my HTC One X working with GW.

Thanks!

EDIT: I figured it out but I'm still stuck on the f***ing Activating Account screen. I'm at my wit's end. I'm on a Custom ROM (CleanROM 4.2). Could that be the case???

Edited by HTCFan0923

Guest advocat3

Has anyone had any luck getting this to work on a Droid Razr? I've set the permissions, installed to /system/app, and rebooted multiple times and I'm still not seeing it in the app drawer.

Guest RayYung

Has anyone had any luck getting this to work on a Droid Razr? I've set the permissions, installed to /system/app, and rebooted multiple times and I'm still not seeing it in the app drawer.

That's the same problem I have......

Guest Paulo S.

Hey Paulo!

I have never set permissions before on a Android device. How exactly do I do that using Root Explorer. I have done everything else but the permissions so I feel that may allow me to get my HTC One X working with GW.

Thanks!

EDIT: I figured it out but I'm still stuck on the f***ing Activating Account screen. I'm at my wit's end. I'm on a Custom ROM (CleanROM 4.2). Could that be the case???

Hey,

Sometimes it takes quite a while to activate. It took me nearly 10 mins. to do it when I did it first time.

Guest salada

To Galaxy S3 users, seems updating to the latest firmwares (LG6, LG8) I'm stuck on 'Activating Wallet'... (Wallet data was cleared prior to new firmwares).

Guest MadStu
To Galaxy S3 users, seems updating to the latest firmwares (LG6, LG8) I'm stuck on 'Activating Wallet'... (Wallet data was cleared prior to new firmwares).

I had that after my update on my gs3, was taking ages. Then I changed build.prop to say htc_jewel again, rebooted and it activated within 10 seconds. Also, I'd forgotten to reset wallet before updating :o luckily all worked out fine :)

So to confirm, it works on LG6. I just had to change the build.prop and reboot again.

Edited by MadStu

Guest HTCFan0923

Hey,

Sometimes it takes quite a while to activate. It took me nearly 10 mins. to do it when I did it first time.

It won't even stay on for that long. It says Google Wallet stopped working after about 5 minutes...

Guest mohitrocks

Hey Paul,

According to engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/01/google-wallet-moves-to-the-cloud-opens-up-to-all-credit-and-deb/), there's a new Google Wallet update with support for more credit cards. Could you please create a patch for this version too? You're previous version worked flawlessly, and I'd love to actually have my credit card available for use on my phone.

Thanks so much.

Guest The-Kevster

It allows you to use Google Wallet as a credit card and Google charge your saved credit card that you used for Play transactions. Good move and will make it much easier for us in the UK.

I can't imagine what's holding Google back from allowing this to be used in the UK now.

Guest mmace

really hope this means it's easier to top up in the UK without being ripped off, why did Paul have to go on holiday? doesn't he know his country needs him??

Guest mmace

I don't think so. canada peeps are reporting that credit cards need a US based address

so when they say it now works with ANY credit and debit card they are lying?

Guest guitaristgba247

Hey Paul, just wanna thank you for all your work so far! Havent been able to install GW on any of the new Jelly Bean roms until I came across AOKP! :)

Its been working great again since!

:P

Guest hjubm2

so when they say it now works with ANY credit and debit card they are lying?

I've just set up the new Google Wallet version with my Australian Visa card by using a US address that I found on Google Maps & it was all added alright. This was with the new version by magn2o & the Visa card was the one that I had already set up for play store, just needed to add a US billing address to add it into Wallet. Will test it out tomorrow to make sure it fully works.

Guest DanRyb

Hey all, not to steal Paul's thunder (I love your work!! :) ) but I was feeling a bit impatient waiting for the newest version hehe. I found this thread here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1810118

It is the newest market version. I am on an international Samsung Galaxy S III (I-9300) on CM10 08022012 preview ROM and followed the steps to a tee (although I just used Root Explorer to edit build.prop and not ROM Toolbox as suggested). I'm in the US and added my bank's debit card and another credit card I have (not CITI) with success. I have NOT yet tested a payment yet so YMMV but so far the app is completely set up and looking promising. And yes, I changed my build.prop back and Wallet app still works great!