XMOD: Region / Device / Root patched Google Wallet

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest the_ape

Did you put your real zip code?

Nope, used a random NY one, everything else though was correct info, and I have a US phone number, although not sure if it's needed or not (certainly not the one registered against the account)

Guest salada

Hey all, not to steal Paul's thunder (I love your work!! :) ) but I was feeling a bit impatient waiting for the newest version hehe. I found this thread here:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1810118

It is the newest market version. I am on an international Samsung Galaxy S III (I-9300) on CM10 08022012 preview ROM and followed the steps to a tee (although I just used Root Explorer to edit build.prop and not ROM Toolbox as suggested). I'm in the US and added my bank's debit card and another credit card I have (not CITI) with success. I have NOT yet tested a payment yet so YMMV but so far the app is completely set up and looking promising. And yes, I changed my build.prop back and Wallet app still works great!

With the old version, when I changed build.prop back to its original values, everytime I tried a contactless payment, I was asked for a PIN (which of course means the whole thing is broken). Can you confirm after changing build.prop back to its original values, that you are able to use the wallet as expected? Cheers!

EDIT: p.s. just tried this version and was able to successfully activate, etc, but only see an Option to add a Citi Mastercard? Seems like the same as the old version? Am I supposed to be seeing something else?

Edited by salada

Guest MadStu

EDIT: p.s. just tried this version and was able to successfully activate, etc, but only see an Option to add a Citi Mastercard? Seems like the same as the old version? Am I supposed to be seeing something else?

Yes, to the left of Google prepaid card should be the option to add your own card.

post-175988-13439778827846_thumb.jpg

I activated successfully and 2 of my cards (used previously with Google play) were there already :) I just added a different card and am now ready to test :D

I'm in the UK by the way :)

McDonalds here I come!

Edited by MadStu

Guest Northern-Loop

Hey all, not to steal Paul's thunder (I love your work!! :) ) but I was feeling a bit impatient waiting for the newest version hehe. I found this thread here:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1810118

It is the newest market version. I am on an international Samsung Galaxy S III (I-9300) on CM10 08022012 preview ROM and followed the steps to a tee (although I just used Root Explorer to edit build.prop and not ROM Toolbox as suggested). I'm in the US and added my bank's debit card and another credit card I have (not CITI) with success. I have NOT yet tested a payment yet so YMMV but so far the app is completely set up and looking promising. And yes, I changed my build.prop back and Wallet app still works great!

Did you delete the old version?

Guest MadStu

McDonalds here I come!

Err, payment declined at McDonalds, lol. This is the same McDonalds that it worked with the prepaid card, so unfortunately not working.

Maybe because Google can't get the money from the card due to incorrect address details *shrugs*

1f792388-8886-c2fd.jpg

Edited by MadStu

Guest fbloise

I was able to add a Barclays debit card. However Halifax debit and a Visa credit card didn't go through, I think due to the address mismatch.

Guest the_ape

Err, payment declined at McDonalds, lol. This is the same McDonalds that it worked with the prepaid card, so unfortunately not working.

Maybe because Google can't get the money from the card due to incorrect address details *shrugs*

1f792388-8886-c2fd.jpg

Same here, oh well, one step on I suppose :(

Also using the same details to add funds to the Google Card does not work either.

Edited by the_ape

Guest MadStu

I just selected to use a card that I'd previously used for Google play, didn't get asked for any more details like address, so I'll try using that for a payment later... Fingers crossed!

Guest fbloise

just tested in Greggs, tried to buy a cheap choc-chip cookie, £0.59... transaction came up "Void". 100% sure is the address mismatch, even though allows us to add any Card using fake addresses or telephone numbers, it doesn't work.

I had like £1 credit in my Google default Prepaid, that one made the payment with no issues. Guess no love for the UK yet :(

Guest The-Kevster

Just added a card from wallet.google.com and I didn't have to put the address in the app. Haven't tested it though but I'm sure someone will be able to before I can. :)

Guest Evostance

just tested in Greggs, tried to buy a cheap choc-chip cookie, £0.59... transaction came up "Void". 100% sure is the address mismatch, even though allows us to add any Card using fake addresses or telephone numbers, it doesn't work.

I had like £1 credit in my Google default Prepaid, that one made the payment with no issues. Guess no love for the UK yet :(

Put in your US address on the UK card, and then log onto Wallet online and change it back to the UK address. Try it and see if that works?

Put in your US address on the UK card, and then log onto Wallet online and change it back to the UK address. Try it and see if that works?

Yes, this is what you need to do. I would test it, but I'm away at the moment.

Use a US address so that the Google Wallet application picks it up and adds it. Once that's done, log onto wallet.google.com from your computer and change the address for the card to your full UK one. Google Wallet should sync updated card information as soon as you open it - I tested this by changing my name on the card in wallet.google.com, and the application automatically updated the name on the card.

Someone please test this.

Guest the_ape

You know what, I hadn't thought of doing that!... Have now though.. will try later and see, unless I'm beaten to it.

Guest MadStu

Was just declined at subway using existing saved card (with UK address). :( Will attempt changing address of the card I added this morning then try again.

Guest MadStu

Everyone using this uses the virtual Mastercard Google wallet gives you to pay with. The visa is my own visa card attached to Google wallet. When you pay, my visa gets charged to Google and Google pays the merchant. Shame not working though. Must be a country specific thing.

Guest the_ape

Everyone using this uses the virtual Mastercard Google wallet gives you to pay with. The visa is my own visa card attached to Google wallet. When you pay, my visa gets charged to Google and Google pays the merchant. Shame not working though. Must be a country specific thing.

Wonder if how it gets transferred out of US accounts is different to here?... Odd... Shall have a go later myself and see what happens

Guest fbloise

I found the top-ups options in page 1 extremely expensive. A virtual-card of US$50 for US$69 ? they are charging like 20% for the service alone.

This is so far what I've done.

-Went to Borderlinx to get an U.S. based address (borderlinx.com).

-I received an email with such address.

-Went to EntroPay (entropay.com) to get a Virtual debit card, here I've used my UK debit card details to pay and create a virtual card.

-Then after the card was set and topped up, I went to Google Wallet directly (wallet.google.com) and added the card using the Borderlinx address details.

-I tested the card in play.google.com, buying a game (Where's my perry) and even though my Play/Google/Gmail account is UK based, I decided to make the EntroPay card my default and it charged me in dollars ($0.99 instead of £0.69). Checked in Wallet and the transaction was successful so wasn't blocked or voided by Google.

Next thing to do:

-Try to pay using Google Wallet in my Galaxy S3 in any Paypass vendor (Greggs, McDonalds, you name it). Since the card was accepted in Google Play, I guess it will be OK when I try to pay using the card in Greggs.

Keep in mind I'm using the latest version, the one that allows to use any card and pulls the cards you have used in Google Play.

Fingers crossed!

P.s

Using a UK card with US fake address won't work as Google uses the AVS verification. It checks the billing address. When I tried what Stu suggested it was coming up with invalid billing error messages.

I first tried getting Google Wallet working on my Galaxy Nexus around Xmas and it worked a treat, until the $10 had been spent up :(

Im going to enroll with EntroPay and try it out again to topup the prepaid google card.

I have copied Pauls modified latest apk to /system/app and tried installing wallet from here, yet everytime it says

X APP NOT INSTALLED

At the moment I am all out of ideas, I have tried reinstalling Wallet, setting the permissions on the /system/app wallet.apk to rw-r-r and rw-rw-rw and even rw-rw-r. I am running Jellybean at the moment, is this causing the issue? Has anybody else had the same problem?

I found the top-ups options in page 1 extremely expensive. A virtual-card of US$50 for US$69 ? they are charging like 20% for the service alone.

This is so far what I've done.

-Went to Borderlinx to get an U.S. based address (borderlinx.com).

-I received an email with such address.

-Went to EntroPay (entropay.com) to get a Virtual debit card, here I've used my UK debit card details to pay and create a virtual card.

-Then after the card was set and topped up, I went to Google Wallet directly (wallet.google.com) and added the card using the Borderlinx address details.

-I tested the card in play.google.com, buying a game (Where's my perry) and even though my Play/Google/Gmail account is UK based, I decided to make the EntroPay card my default and it charged me in dollars ($0.99 instead of £0.69). Checked in Wallet and the transaction was successful so wasn't blocked or voided by Google.

Next thing to do:

-Try to pay using Google Wallet in my Galaxy S3 in any Paypass vendor (Greggs, McDonalds, you name it). Since the card was accepted in Google Play, I guess it will be OK when I try to pay using the card in Greggs.

Keep in mind I'm using the latest version, the one that allows to use any card and pulls the cards you have used in Google Play.

Fingers crossed!

P.s

Using a UK card with US fake address won't work as Google uses the AVS verification. It checks the billing address. When I tried what Stu suggested it was coming up with invalid billing error messages.

Thats a really good idea, Ive set my phone up with the none modified app. Going to try your method aswell on my way home

Guest MadStu

Basically, I think if you can't add funds to the google prepaid card using your chosen payment method, then you can't use it as the regular card for wallet to draw funds from unfortunately. I'm not paying out any money for a BFPS card - or any other AVS VCC (there are plenty to choose from) because it's cheaper and not that hard to whip out the card and enter a pin... But then again my inner geek just wants to use my phone for everything! Must have patience, lol, hopefully soon after the Olympics the Visa NFC app will get released