XMOD: Region / Device / Root patched Google Wallet

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

LOL, a reboot sorted me out ;-)

Thanks Paul, I'm sure subway accept these so I'll have lunch on Google :-)

Si

Great! :)

P

Guest oobatz

Installed and working on the HOX running Android Revolution HD 6, got a foot long home made sub for lunch! where else can we use this? Pret?

Guest wicksta

Hmmm mine is sticking on "Initializing your device", even after a reboot.

AT&T Note i717 on O2 UK with "OnlyOne" Rom. I'll keep trying as this is one of the reasons I wanted an AT&T Note with NFC!

Guest benharpit

Working here - cheers Paul - copied the file to correct location with ES in root mode - applied all permissions (dont know which ones it requires specifically) - registered card and got free $10. Is it the symbol which is wrong or is it a genuine 10 dollars?

Guest gavinlew

Working here - cheers Paul - copied the file to correct location with ES in root mode - applied all permissions (dont know which ones it requires specifically) - registered card and got free $10. Is it the symbol which is wrong or is it a genuine 10 dollars?

Genuine USD ($) 10

Guest DaveTudou

Got $10 here, only oddity was I had to log in twice. Galaxy Nexus 4.0.4 stock

Edited by DaveTudou

Guest StuMcBill

Thanks for this Paul, got it installed, and got my $10, having a couple of issues though.

When I start the app, I put in my pin code, and the app loads and will let me view my payment cards (including the $10 prepaid Google card), however it displays "Unsupported Device" in a yellow bar at the top.

Also when I tried it at Gregg's nothing happened when I held it up to the reader, is the person at Gregg's supposed to press something on his till? I tried to explain what I was doing, but the clerk had as much brains as one of their cheese and onion sandwiches.

I am running AOKP on my Gnex with the MrMad Galaxy S3 theme pack. I scanned my Passport with NFC last night,so I know that's working OK.

Any ideas?

Thanks again.

Stewart

Guest PaulOBrien

Hmmm mine is sticking on "Initializing your device", even after a reboot.

AT&T Note i717 on O2 UK with "OnlyOne" Rom. I'll keep trying as this is one of the reasons I wanted an AT&T Note with NFC!

This took a while for me the first time, be patient! Also try a different connectivity method maybe (e.g. WiFi vs mobile network).

Got $10 here, only oddity was I had to log in twice. Galaxy Nexus 4.0.4 stock

Yeah, I had that one time too.

Is it currently only McDonalds and Gregg's that accept NFC payments?

Apparently Subway too, maybe boots, anywhere that supports 'MasterCard PayPass' apparently.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Can we get a little more info on using BFPS? Don't want to order something that isn't correct. Thanks!

What would you like to know?

P

Guest KitCh_

I can also confirm this works in pubs/bars/nightclubs that use Barclaycard Terminals. Now you can get your pints much quicker :P (O Neills for example use these terminals)

Guest DaveTudou

What would you like to know?

P

Got as far as entering billing shipping info. I assume this is my UK info and that later on I set an address somewhere to the US Unlocked address? Wasn't exactly sure though! Thanks's all :blush:

Guest PaulOBrien

Got as far as entering billing shipping info. I assume this is my UK info and that later on I set an address somewhere to the US Unlocked address? Wasn't exactly sure though! Thanks's all :blush:

After you've hade the purchase at BFPS, they send you a card number, a CVV number, an expiry date and a website URL. You go to the website, put in the card details, then enter your address for the AVS (the US address). So, for buying at BFPS, you can just use your real address.

P

Guest TheManicGibbon

Great! This is really cool, well done Paul! Giving us all free lunch ;)

I also believe Costa Coffee supports this, I've seen NFC terminals in their stores if that helps anyone...for example people who don't fancy a pie or a burger today ;D

Guest DaveTudou

After you've hade the purchase at BFPS, they send you a card number, a CVV number, an expiry date and a website URL. You go to the website, put in the card details, then enter your address for the AVS (the US address). So, for buying at BFPS, you can just use your real address.

P

Got the email with the link, it says use a VPN. Is it necessary? I'm too eager to use time to set one up!

Guest PaulOBrien

Got the email with the link, it says use a VPN. Is it necessary? I'm too eager to use time to set one up!

No VPN required.

I can confirm that the BFPS option worked a treat here. I've now got $33 on my phone. Cheers Paul. Much appreciated!!

Great! An expensive way of topping up, but at least it works!

so has anyone tried paying on a chip&pin machine like these ones? http://www.barclayca...op-contactless/

might go give McDonalds a try later

Apparently McDonalds works. Not tried Costa?

P

Guest KitCh_

Great! An expensive way of topping up, but at least it works!

P

Yeah it's annoyed me that I haven't been able to top-up my 'wallet'. Now I can show this off to my friends and get my other friends who have GN/One-X to do this method as well :D