Acer Liquid Screen/Adhesive

Guest Moose2000

Guest Moose2000

can anyone recommend an adhesive to put the acer liquid back together again, about to start a transplant and wondered what would be best.

Also I had the screen replaced and it sometimes turns off (just the screen) and is unresponsive to touch but if I squeeze the bottom of the phone it suddenly springs back to life. Does it sound like just a loose connection or a poor quality screen?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Charlton22

can anyone recommend an adhesive to put the acer liquid back together again, about to start a transplant and wondered what would be best.

Also I had the screen replaced and it sometimes turns off (just the screen) and is unresponsive to touch but if I squeeze the bottom of the phone it suddenly springs back to life. Does it sound like just a loose connection or a poor quality screen?

I have the same exact problem.

I replaced the screen 3 weeks ago and decided to also replace the adhesive... Bad choice.

The adhesive turned out not to be as good as the original so I had to dismantle the phone again.

After I encountered your same issue. When I turn the phone on, only the back light switches on, and the display remains off.

I dismantled the phone another 2 times for the same issue and always finding one of the ribbon slightly disconnected.

Currently I still have this issue and I am looking a way to go round it. Nothing much to do, will try to tick a piece of electric tape onto it hoping it doesn't get loose again.

If this don't work, I will look around for a ribbon replacement, which I think it's impossible to find.

If you have an idea of how to fix, or already fixed the phone, please explain how.

GOOD LUCK

Guest Charlton22

Att : Moose2000

Hi, I managed to resolve the problem. Regarding the loose screen connector, having to squeeze the bottom part of our liquid to light up the display.

I found that the plastic hook which hold the sim car board (PCB) in place was actually bent under the board, not letting it to sit as it is supposed to.

I attached some photos so you could understand better. Sorry for my English...

post-622652-0-45626800-1340006081_thumb. post-622652-0-90431000-1340006054_thumb.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Lifetec

I had that problem fixed in 2 ways:

1) was when I did not know the second fix. Because the glass inst good connected with the lower part of your mobile those buttons start acting wierd. I couldnt use them at all at one point so I used buttonsavior (an app) to get the functionality of the buttons back. But because the lower buttons where sometimes working sometimes not I had to dissable them by altering the keyboard file. /system/usr/keylayout/qwerty.kl . If you delete all the references (google this) to the lower buttons they will stop working and you'll have buttonsavior. An absolute sub-optimal solution but it worker for me.

2) Then when I let my phone go through a Sovjet Union X-ray in moskou my second screen got fried and had to do the screen replacement again. So I bought a 8 euro screen in china and tried again. This time cleaning old glue etc and glueing it with superglue. Now it works like a charm. Main thing is that there's no room between the glass and the button receptors I guess

Edited by Lifetec