[DEV][Port] Swedish Snow RLS 7 [TEST][BETA]

Guest XMasterNinni

Guest XMasterNinni

Hi guys.

Here's a beta port of KonstaT's SwedishSnow.

All credits go to KonstaT.

Advanced users only!

IMPORTANT:

• This Build is extremely BETA!
  • Use at your own risk!
  • Only for the SF2!!
  • May not boot!

I just did the basic porting, you have to fix the ROM yourself!

If you're familiar with adb logcat/ddms it won't be that hard.

I'm not responsible for any damage this ROM makes!

Download

Guest raverrr

Nice one :) i take it this just got put though your tool? while I'm at it do you have a list of what your tool moves/copies so i run in to less dead ends while testing.

Guest Dazzozo

For a start, this suffers from the same issue as the ROM iharrybao ported, dhd.ko is missing. Only the Blade Wi-Fi module and firmware is present and there is no sign of the Crescent's at all.

Edit: in response to raverrr, the porting tool seems to have a preset list of files in each directory, some of which we could do without as they're the same for all devices, and some extra that could be needed (dhd.ko for Crescent) though mostly it's a very good start and does a ton of the work for you.

The things to test really are the hardware functions (Bluetooth, RIL, Wi-Fi, etc.)

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest XMasterNinni

I would be glad if you could tell me what files have to be changed, so I can add them to my script! :D

I just used the standard setup from Blade...

Guest Dazzozo

bins seem fine, though in the future (if I fix Bluetooth being dependent on Wi-Fi) you might need to add btld to that list (it's not in CM7 yet), and that might also require BrcmBluetoothServices.apk (not entirely sure on this, just noting it before I forget).

BCM4330B1_002.001.032.0518.0520.hcd seems missing from etc and the same can be said for the aforementioned dhd.ko (we don't have source for a kernel build) at lib/modules for Wi-Fi. As far as I can tell, the firmware files for the Wi-Fi are missing too. The Blade seems to have the /system/wifi convention (this is present in the Swedish Snow port above and contains the Blade Wi-Fi firmware) while I believe our dhd.ko expects them in /system/etc/ (fw_4330b1.bin, etc.)

Most of what isn't necessary to be ported (the ones in the ROM can be kept) should be the EGL libs, libril and liboemcamera (these are identical for the Crescent and Skate at least, I don't know enough about the Blade to comment there, though)

This would need much more extensive testing and is just what I can tell from a first glance.

Guest Dazzozo

Additionally, you might want to transfer /usr/keylayout and /usr/idc straight across from the base ROM. I just had some issues with having the infamous cursor to drag around instead of using the touchscreen properly because of missing idcs.

Guest XMasterNinni

I just pulled /usr/keychars/*device*_keypad.kcm and /usr/keylayout/*device*_keypad.kl...

There is actually no usr/idc on Blade (and I think on Skate) ROMs.

Is the whole /keychars and /keylayout needed or only the keypad stuff?

The most common *need to fix* things on my ports for Blade are RIL, HW Rendering/Handling/, BT and WIFI.

RIL is tricky. You said libril isn't necessary to port?

DDMS didn't tell me much, but I think it's a bit about smali replacing in framework.jar, could that be?

Edited by XMasterNinni

Guest Dazzozo

I just pulled /usr/keychars/*device*_keypad.kcm and /usr/keylayout/*device*_keypad.kl...

Not enough. We have atmel-touchscreen.idc, synaptics-rmi-touchscreen.idc and synaptics-rmi4-ts.idc as one of the phones has capacitive buttons attached to the screen (and various touchscreen models), and keylayouts to go with these, though I believe this is 4.0 specific... Let the headache begin!

There is actually no usr/idc on Blade (and I think on Skate) ROMs.

Is the whole /keychars and /keylayout needed or only the keypad stuff?

What's to lose in copying it all? A ROM isn't going to have anything useful here, it's for device support and device support only.

The most common *need to fix* things on my ports for Blade are RIL, HW Rendering/Handling/, BT and WIFI.

RIL is tricky. You said libril isn't necessary to port?

DDMS didn't tell me much, but I think it's a bit about smali replacing in framework.jar, could that be?

RIL files from the Skate work on the Crescent, so I'm assuming from this that they're all compatible. It would need testing on the Blade.

What do you need to change in smali? I ported something and RIL works.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest XMasterNinni

On 2.3.7 ROMs, RIL (and nearly everything) works like a charm but not on 2.3.5 ones...

I get a hell more errors on those...

Guest Dazzozo

If you want the names for the Wi-Fi files:

/lib/modules/dhd.ko -or- /lib/dhd.ko (differs based on ROM which is a pain)

/etc/fw_4330b1.bin

/etc/fw_4330b2.bin

/etc/fw_4330_b1_apsta.bin

/etc/fw_4330_b2_apsta.bin

/etc/nv_4330b1.txt

/etc/nv_4330b2.txt

...and for Bluetooth:

/etc/BCM4330B1_002.001.032.0518.0520.hcd

/bin/BCM4330B1_0243.0000_ZTE_P736V.hcd

Guest Dazzozo

Thanks...

Are these files implented in all ROMs or only in 2.3.5 ones?

They're in all and necessary for the function of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. dhd.ko is in either one of the locations, though I think you can assume it's in /lib/dhd.ko if and only if it's 2.3.5 (stock).

Interestingly, if it is 2.3.5 stock, /lib/modules/ can actually contain some other KO files, such as tun.ko (which is present in FnC), so I'm not sure how you want to handle these (you could ignore them, they're not completely necessary and some ROMs do ignore them (FLB2), but do provide additional functions).

Guest XMasterNinni

Yeah, would be the best. Will change some things today ;)

PS: Do you know what a _FORTIFY_SOURCE error during compilation is? A PM would be nice! :)

Guest Dazzozo
Yeah, would be the best. Will change some things today ;)

PS: Do you know what a _FORTIFY_SOURCE error during compilation is? A PM would be nice! :)

I'll reply later - on my phone. Spending some time with the missus ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest raverrr

Having a little crack at this today. With a slightly different aproach. I'm going to use FNC as a base for the port. Hopefully make things easier.

• 5 months later...
Guest BLu3HaZe

@raverrr

Thanks friend! ;)

@Daz

sebastian404's debranded ROM

Any updates on this XMasterNinni? We'd like to help in getting this ROM developed more, now that things such as Bluetooth also has been fixed on CM.

And I believed that Seb's debranded ROM (which you used as a base) was deodexed, but any idea why .odex files are still present in that zip while none of the others except stock contain them? Would that have been an issue here?

Edit - Seems somehow your build has got rid of the .odex files.. :unsure:

Edited by BLu3HaZe