The San Diego hacking topic - root progress etc.

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest rickywyatt

could someone with adb on pc only try this

rm /data/log/dumpState_app_native.log 2>/dev/null

ln -s /data/local.prop /data/log/dumpState_app_native.log 2>/dev/null

app_process 2>/dev/null

echo "ro.kernel.qemu=1" > /data/local.prop 2>/dev/null

adb reboot

it looks like the usb debugging but does not in operation. n of any software for it and rooter device still waiting.

Sorry for my bad English

Guest skidvik

could someone with adb on pc only try this

app_process 2>/dev/null

adb reboot

I got thi

C:\adb>adb shell

$ rm /data/log/dumpState_app_native.log 2>/dev/null

$ ln -s /data/local.prop /data/log/dumpState_app_native.log 2>/dev/null

$ app_process 2>/dev/null

app_process 2>/dev/null

[1] Illegal instruction app_process 2>/dev/null

$ echo "ro.kernel.qemu=1" > /data/local.prop 2>/dev/null

cannot create /data/local.prop: permission denied

$ adb reboot

adb reboot

adb: permission denied

$

Guest kabirsaini2011

Is it not possible to add su to x900 update? open with 7zip so zip remains intact ?

U can install super user from market but this will be of no use if phone stays unrooted

U can install super user from market but this will be of no use if phone stays unrooted

I was not talking about apk from market, I mean the su binary moved to bin.

I do not think it has been tried, that is why I wondered if it would work, but as ricky says it will break signature.

Still tempting to try :lol: what the worst that can happen? most likely will fail to update.

Edited by Guest

Guest Frankish

Wonder if I could fetch 150ish for this phone? It's useless on paygo because t mobile and orange are CRAP. I need 3UK which means I need an unlock or to sell it. Plus root seems highly unlikely now.

Guest shootomanUK

Wonder if I could fetch 150ish for this phone? It's useless on paygo because t mobile and orange are CRAP. I need 3UK which means I need an unlock or to sell it. Plus root seems highly unlikely now.

you'll get £150 all day long on ebay, just dont spell it wrong in the description lol, i got mine for £120 coz the guy spelt it wrong ;)

but having said that its still in the box as new, as im waiting for an unlock lol

Edited by shootomanUK

Guest vermat17

I'm considering sending a strong (and very desperate) email to Orange/Intel/Xolo to see if they can provide us with any help at all.

Maybe if I can get them to understand they will sell about ten times more phones if they weren't locked down so much, they may actually listen :P

Anyone know how to contact Intel by email??? I looked on their website, but couldn't find one for mobile phone support... Orange and Xolo seem fairly easy to contact...

Guest kabirsaini2011

I'm considering sending a strong (and very desperate) email to Orange/Intel/Xolo to see if they can provide us with any help at all.

Maybe if I can get them to understand they will sell about ten times more phones if they weren't locked down so much, they may actually listen :P

Anyone know how to contact Intel by email??? I looked on their website, but couldn't find one for mobile phone support... Orange and Xolo seem fairly easy to contact...

refer this link ...they will understand our efforts

Guest vermat17

You mean the link to this topic???

I think you're right that they'll see our work and understand, but on the other hand they might see how much effort we're putting in on breaking their work, which may discourage rather than encourage them to help us...

Edited by vermat17

Guest vermat17

Okay, found what seems to be a pretty high level orange email address...

Quoting what it says on the forum I found it on, "it seems that if you use this address somebody kicks ass" Sounds good eh?? :P

Can anyone on the moderator team tell me if I'm allowed to post it here?? Hopefully if enough of us email them, we may get some progress...

I for sure am gonna use it on the weekend :D