The San Diego hacking topic - root progress etc.

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ben1066

Righto, hello guys. I've been speaking to someone who actually develops the firmware for the device, and he can't tell me any more but he has told me that:

1) The IFWI is the modem firmware for the device

2) The K800 and OSD use the same Intel CPU but a different modem so their IFWI is not compatible

3) Their user builds are labelled similarly to the leak we have, however instead of eng.release it's something like supk_user.release.mfld_pr2.BKB4OUK.devr3.i284

4) They do not use the tool to flash engineering firmware

MiHome v1.20 just installed and x-plore does not show it on system/app for me.

Also, uninstalled without problem, maybe it is that apk you have.

Edited by Guest

Guest rickywyatt

Righto, hello guys. I've been speaking to someone who actually develops the firmware for the device, and he can't tell me any more but he has told me that:

1) The IFWI is the modem firmware for the device

2) The K800 and OSD use the same Intel CPU but a different modem so their IFWI is not compatible

3) Their user builds are labelled similarly to the leak we have, however instead of eng.release it's something like supk_user.release.mfld_pr2.BKB4OUK.devr3.i284

4) They do not use the tool to flash engineering firmware

so how do thay flash the bootloader

Guest ben1066

As I said, they can't say any more. It doesn't seem like he touches the bootloader at all, they have engineering devices with the engineering bootloader already.

"Root access intel az210 The Intel AZ210 (also marketed as XOLO X900 in India and Orange San Diego in the *Adb/Hard Root – Access to Android Commander *Soft Root- SU *Pre Deodexed the ability to flash custom ROMs onto the phone, and also providing easy root access."

But that is all it says, no further info.

Edited by Guest

Guest vermat17

If root was achieved, could it then be used to flash custom roms etc.? As in even if we didn't have a custom recovery or flashing tool??

Edited by vermat17

Guest vermat17

I've sent another email to Xolo explicitly asking whether they intend to unlock the bootloader or not, as they keep avoiding giving a proper answer to this...

If they say no, then we should count that as the final nail in the coffin in terms of getting outside support :(

Guest Jul655

Hi,

And we can't have root or flash with JTAG ? (http://software.inte...roid-atom-jtag/)

In Intel embedded software development Tools, it's said :

(http://software.inte...tom-processors/ in 'What's new')

Intel® JTAG Debugger – extended Intel® Atom™ platform support

• Linux kernel debug, On-Chip trace & SMP run control
  • Register access via bitfield editor, translation and descriptor table access
  • Flash memory tool
  • JTAG probe connectivity

the problem is the hardware necessary to do this ... : (

I'm newby, I just wanted to put together an idea already known but not tested and may have forgotten ;)

Guest ben1066

If you want to go to hardware hacks, we can flash the flash directly and overwrite the bootloader easily. The point is, it's not practical.