The San Diego hacking topic - root progress etc.

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ben1066

We don't yet have kernel source do we?

Also in the fstab:

/sdcard1	   vfat	 /dev/block/mmcblk1p1	  /dev/block/mmcblk1		-1

Would you look at that :) I guess -1 disables it.

This has a really strange structure. As far as I can tell there is no "boot.img", only boot.bin which appears to be the zImage, the rest seems to be only changable from recovery unless there's something I'm missing. The fstab is updated via borqs.modify_partition("etc/recovery_new.fstab", 5);. Borqs appear to have created the firmware for this device, there are references to them in the repo manifest and when trying to login to there gerrit it identifies itself as "Borqs gerrit code review".

Edited by ben1066

Guest kabirsaini2011

We don't yet have kernel source do we?

Also in the fstab:

/sdcard1       vfat     /dev/block/mmcblk1p1      /dev/block/mmcblk1        -1

Would you look at that :) I guess -1 disables it.

We dont have sources ... but will be available soon

Edited by kabirsaini2011

Guest ben1066

Feel free not to if this is too much, but could you run

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p1.img

replacing both instances of mmcblk0p1 with each of:

/dev/block/mmcblk0p1

/dev/block/mmcblk0p3

/dev/block/mmcblk0p4

/dev/block/mmcblk0p6

/dev/block/mmcblk0p7

and posting the 5 resulting files. I'm trying to work out how this device is laid out.

Feel free not to if this is too much, but could you run

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p1.img

replacing both instances of mmcblk0p1 with each of:

/dev/block/mmcblk0p1

/dev/block/mmcblk0p3

/dev/block/mmcblk0p4

/dev/block/mmcblk0p6

/dev/block/mmcblk0p7

and posting the 5 resulting files. I'm trying to work out how this device is laid out.

I get permission denied?

Guest rickywyatt

hmmmm i got a bit further this time

07/29/12 19:29:52.911 INFO : Please select a flash file...
07/29/12 19:29:55.880 INFO : Flash file OK (C:/mflash/Leos-flash.xml)
07/29/12 19:30:24.062 0/0/8 #0: New device detected - SN : 324B076AA1D1B3E9
07/29/12 19:30:24.068 0/0/8 #0: IFW flash started - SN : 324B076AA1D1B3E9
07/29/12 19:30:29.867 0/0/8 #0: IFW flash failed - SN : 324B076AA1D1B3E9
07/29/12 19:30:29.868 0/0/8 #0: [FAILURE] IFWI flash failure
[/CODE]

Guest ben1066

Change your Leos-flash.xml to

<?xml version="1.0" ?><flashfile>    <id>K800_1_S_2_162_0054_120717</id> <comments>Racer-A windows download</comments> <platform>PVT1</platform> <code_group name="BOOTLOADER">   <file TYPE="KBOOT">    <name>kboot.bin</name>    <version>KBOOT_VERSION</version>    <offset></offset>    <fixed_size></fixed_size>    <checksum></checksum>   </file>  </code_group>	    <code_group name="KERNEL">   <file TYPE="KERNEL">    <name>boot.bin</name>    <cmdline></cmdline>    <version>KERNEL_VERSION</version>    <offset></offset>    <fixed_size></fixed_size>    <checksum></checksum>   </file>	    </code_group>	    <code_group name="SYSTEM">   <file TYPE="SYSTEM">    <name>system.tar.gz</name>    <version>SYSTEM_VERSION</version>    <offset></offset>    <fixed_size></fixed_size>    <checksum></checksum>   </file>  </code_group>	    <code_group name="MODEM">   <file TYPE="MODEM">    <name>SUNRISE_SMB_REV30_V2_1223.B_signed_MIPI_HSI_USIF_V2.21.fls</name>    <version>MODEM_VERSION</version>    <checksum></checksum>    <model>MODEM_MODEL</model>    <revision>MODEM_REVISION</revision>    <cmdline>MODEM_CMD_LINE</cmdline>   </file>	    </code_group> </code_groups>  <code_group name="USERDATAT"> <file TYPE="USERDATA">  <name>userdata.tar.gz</name>  <version>0</version>  <checksum></checksum>   <model></model>   <revision></revision>   <cmdline></cmdline>  </file>  </code_group></flashfile>

It shouldn't try to flash the phones firmware now, which shouldn't need flashing anyway. I'm fairly sure that it's android version agnostic.

Damn it, it needs root then :(

Or I did something wrong, not to good at commands with fastboot or terminal emulators.

post-796032-0-18530000-1343587195_thumb.

Edited by Guest

Guest ben1066

Not quite what I meant, I meant replace the /dev/mmcblk0p1 in the first command, each time, not just the /dev/mmcblk0pX. But the first permission denied shows it needs root.

Not quite what I meant, I meant replace the /dev/mmcblk0p1 in the first command, each time, not just the /dev/mmcblk0pX. But the first permission denied shows it needs root.

Lol as I said, I not to good with these things, if you explain exactly, I can follow and learn at same time.

Oh I see, so I done it wrong but kind of done it right as it revealed the answer lol

Edited by Guest

Guest rickywyatt

Change your Leos-flash.xml to

<?xml version="1.0" ?><flashfile> <id>K800_1_S_2_162_0054_120717</id> <comments>Racer-A windows download</comments> <platform>PVT1</platform> <code_group name="BOOTLOADER"> <file TYPE="KBOOT"> <name>kboot.bin</name> <version>KBOOT_VERSION</version> <offset></offset> <fixed_size></fixed_size> <checksum></checksum> </file> </code_group> <code_group name="KERNEL"> <file TYPE="KERNEL"> <name>boot.bin</name> <cmdline></cmdline> <version>KERNEL_VERSION</version> <offset></offset> <fixed_size></fixed_size> <checksum></checksum> </file> </code_group> <code_group name="SYSTEM"> <file TYPE="SYSTEM"> <name>system.tar.gz</name> <version>SYSTEM_VERSION</version> <offset></offset> <fixed_size></fixed_size> <checksum></checksum> </file> </code_group> <code_group name="MODEM"> <file TYPE="MODEM"> <name>SUNRISE_SMB_REV30_V2_1223.B_signed_MIPI_HSI_USIF_V2.21.fls</name> <version>MODEM_VERSION</version> <checksum></checksum> <model>MODEM_MODEL</model> <revision>MODEM_REVISION</revision> <cmdline>MODEM_CMD_LINE</cmdline> </file> </code_group> </code_groups> <code_group name="USERDATAT"> <file TYPE="USERDATA"> <name>userdata.tar.gz</name> <version>0</version> <checksum></checksum> <model></model> <revision></revision> <cmdline></cmdline> </file> </code_group></flashfile>
[/CODE]

It shouldn't try to flash the phones firmware now, which shouldn't need flashing anyway. I'm fairly sure that it's android version agnostic.

it says its a bad file

Guest ben1066

<?xml version="1.0" ?>

<flashfile>

<id>K800_1_S_2_162_0054_120717</id>

<comments>Racer-A windows download</comments>

<platform>PVT1</platform>

<code_groups>

<code_group name="BOOTLOADER">

<file TYPE="KBOOT">

<name>kboot.bin</name>

<version>KBOOT_VERSION</version>

<offset></offset>

<fixed_size></fixed_size>

<checksum></checksum>

</file>

</code_group>

<code_group name="KERNEL">

<file TYPE="KERNEL">

<name>boot.bin</name>

<cmdline></cmdline>

<version>KERNEL_VERSION</version>

<offset></offset>

<checksum></checksum>

</file>

</code_group>

<code_group name="SYSTEM">

<file TYPE="SYSTEM">

<name>system.tar.gz</name>

<version>SYSTEM_VERSION</version>

<offset></offset>

<checksum></checksum>

</file>

</code_group>

</code_groups>

<code_group name="USERDATAT">

<file TYPE="USERDATA">

<name>userdata.tar.gz</name>

<version>0</version>

<checksum></checksum>

<model></model>

<revision></revision>

<cmdline></cmdline>

</file>

</code_group>

</flashfile>

I had accidently chopped off a tag.

EDIT:

Just removed modem, again, shouldn't need re-flashing. This should now be just a rom+bootloader flash.

Edited by ben1066

Hopefully he will return to modaco to a pleasant surprise, it looks like rickywyatt & ben1066 are really on to something here.

Edited by Guest

Guest ben1066

Just waiting for rickywyatt to report back. I really don't see why this shouldn't work to be honest :) Some of the buttons may not work and the like, but it should at least boot. People have done more ridiculous ports, these two are pretty much the same phone. The only falling point may be at the kernel, but if that happens we just need to flash the kernel from our leak.

Edited by ben1066