The San Diego hacking topic - root progress etc.

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Fixticks
Updated By Ricky Wyatt 31/07/2012

Do the drivers quoted from the first post in this thread, allow me do the adb devices command, and test an app from say Eclipse?

(files included in the archive are 1 mfld-pos-installer-v1.5-a.exe, mflash3.3_userdata_lenovo.rar, Racer_USB_adb_cdc.exe and xFSTK-Medfield-SoC-Driver-Setup-1.0.0a.exe ) is one of these the driver i need to do my tasks above, Thanks

Guest shootomanUK

Do the drivers quoted from the first post in this thread, allow me do the adb devices command, and test an app from say Eclipse?

(files included in the archive are 1 mfld-pos-installer-v1.5-a.exe, mflash3.3_userdata_lenovo.rar, Racer_USB_adb_cdc.exe and xFSTK-Medfield-SoC-Driver-Setup-1.0.0a.exe ) is one of these the driver i need to do my tasks above, Thanks

No that is the Lenovo K800 Flasher (same medfield chipset as osd).

The driver you are looking for is the "Intel® USB Driver for Android* Devices" from here:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-android-device-usb-driver/

:)

install drivers first before plugging in device !

Edited by shootomanUK

Guest shootomanUK

no need to abandon ship lol what im hoping is we can use that chinese system modder with ics so then we can put superuser to it

yeah when we get ics thats when the fun starts !

the chinese have also made a script .bat file to push files to the system i.e superuser, i have the script here but its chinese lol

Guest shootomanUK

Is it over lads?

We need ics, the lenovo k800 shipped with gingerbread and they had the same trouble rooting the device, but now they have official ics and root.

so hopfully we can root it aswell.

its just a waiting game now :mellow:

Edited by shootomanUK

Guest vermat17

I'm guessing that if Xolo say 'end of September' they probably do mean around the 30th... :P

In that case, we've still got over a month and a half to wait :(

Guest shootomanUK

I'm guessing that if Xolo say 'end of September' they probably do mean around the 30th... :P

In that case, we've still got over a month and a half to wait :(

lol i wouldn't take anything for gospel....we will probably still be waiting at christmas :unsure:

Guest keithSlemon

I have been watching this for months , I am very nearly at the point of getting rid.and the only reason is the lack of root, I hope orange and Intel do read these posts, as I'm guessing there are plenty more like me, What a shame, Oh and the lack of compatibility with games is shocking,