The San Diego hacking topic - root progress etc.

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest rickywyatt

I got a bad feeling that the Chinese rom moder won't work because it gets root by typing adb root it won't work on official ics roms as it has release-keys not test-keys

Guest glossywhite

Hey glossywhite,I can't seem to pm you for some reason. Any chance of posting your details for donation on the forum...?

Thank you. You are all very kind.

My PayPal address is: iphonepiephone2[AT]gmail[DOT]com

iPlease send payments as "gift payments" as PayPal screw me on charges, which I really can't afford.

Thank you.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest skidvik

I have just sent @orangehelpers a tweet to see what they say. I don't know about anyone else I am happy to stay on orange. I just want to be able to root the bloody thing. I really don't think any of this is doing orange or intel any favours. How many times in the past have rom developers pushed the capabilities of so called low end phones! Come on Orange and Intel pull your finger out and give us want we want.

Guest skidvik

This is the reply I got

@

@OrangeHelpers Any news an update to Ice Cream Sandwich for the San Diego and what chance is there getting root access?

Orange Helpers UK@OrangeHelpers

@ We don't have any info on an update for the San Diego and there is no option for root access I'm afraid ^Jon

@OrangeHelpers that is a shame as a lot of people aren't interested in getting the phone anymore. Thanks for the reply.

Edited by skidvik

Guest punjabi

Thank you. You are all very kind.

My PayPal address is: iphonepiephone2[AT]gmail[DOT]com

iPlease send payments as "gift payments" as PayPal screw me on charges, which I really can't afford.

Thank you.

There you go, I've done my duty now.

Hope we get somewhere with the root now....

Guest glossywhite

@glossywhite. Just sent you a fiver, Not much but hopefully it will help.

There you go, I've done my duty now.

Hope we get somewhere with the root now....

Thank you so very much folks! It all helps :)

Guest shootomanUK

No problem if you find a way to root ill sawp it back its with my gf so it ain't gone far lol

Ricky before you go do you know what EngineeringMode.apk is ?

its in one of the k800 ics roms, im gonna download the rom later and extract it and try it.

Wonder if there is a binary file aswell ?

If there is im not going to be able to push it lol

Guest rickywyatt

i just got this email

Dear Customer

Greetings of the Day.

This Email is to bring into your notice that a new software Update for your XOLO X900 is available on our website www.xolo.in. This software is also available Over The Air (OTA). We request you to kindly check and update your handset with the latest update for improving the device performance. (Kindly ignore the Email if already done)

Kindly follow the below Link to Know How to upgrade through USB & through OTA. (Please Note that a data connection for the handset is a must in case of Downloading update through OTA.)

http://xolo.in/xolocare/xolo-x900-software-upgrade

For any query you are requested to call us at our Toll Free Number at 1800 30 100 104 from Monday to Saturday between 0800 Hrs to 2000 Hrs.

Regards

Xolo Care

Guest kabirsaini2011

i just got this email

Dear Customer

Greetings of the Day.

This Email is to bring into your notice that a new software Update for your XOLO X900 is available on our website www.xolo.in. This software is also available Over The Air (OTA). We request you to kindly check and update your handset with the latest update for improving the device performance. (Kindly ignore the Email if already done)

Kindly follow the below Link to Know How to upgrade through USB & through OTA. (Please Note that a data connection for the handset is a must in case of Downloading update through OTA.)

http://xolo.in/xoloc...oftware-upgrade

For any query you are requested to call us at our Toll Free Number at 1800 30 100 104 from Monday to Saturday between 0800 Hrs to 2000 Hrs.

Regards

Xolo Care

i also got this mail ....but link i provided was same firmware as this ......means no firmware update for now

Guest bobr76

Hi all. I am following this thread and highly anticipating some progress. I recently took X900 and with old Android it's just not enough.

Just checked xolo.in site and the update file is same as one week ago. Maybe that email promise update is yet to come. I will check the site regualy and report if any changes. And of course I am hoping it will be ICS :).

Guest kabirsaini2011

Hi all. I am following this thread and highly anticipating some progress. I recently took X900 and with old Android it's just not enough.

Just checked xolo.in site and the update file is same as one week ago. Maybe that email promise update is yet to come. I will check the site regualy and report if any changes. And of course I am hoping it will be ICS :).

update version stated in email is same as uploaded on site

Edited by kabirsaini2011