Pinch zoom wierdness

Guest GlenH

Guest GlenH

Has anyone else noticed that if you use two fingers to zoom in (spread your fingers apart) it's nice and smooth; However, if you then try to pinch to zoom back out (without lifting your fingers) it doesn't work?

It seems to work fine the other way around (pinch first then spread).

This seems to occur in all apps (I've tried stock browser, opera and maps).

Is this likely a bug in the touch driver, or more problematically some hardware limitation (I remember my nexus one had some hardware problems with multi touch)?

Edited by GlenH

Guest GlenH

Actually, playing a bit more, it seem to be related to how you hold your fingers on the screen.

If you use just the very tips of your fingers it all works fine (very smooth), but if you have a larger finger contact patch on the screen (eg the sides of your finger tips), that seems to causes problems -either doesn't work or is choppy.

Edited by GlenH

Guest Xenon0816

Hey,

you can test your pinch-to-zoom/multitouch capabilities with the app "multitouch visualizer 2". It will show you, what happens, when you touch the screen with more than one finger.

Acutally I would be very interested in the results of such a test. I own the Orange San Francisco and that phone has a real problem with the multitouch.

As I am thinking about getting this phone as a replacement, it would be cool to know about the multitouch here.

Greetz

Guest GlenH

I tried that multitouch visualizer 2 app, and the multi touch is perfect, with up to 5 fingers :)

Thus, I'm not sure what causes the problem in the browser/maps....

Guest Xenon0816

I tried that multitouch visualizer 2 app, and the multi touch is perfect, with up to 5 fingers

Thus, I'm not sure what causes the problem in the browser/maps....

good to know! makes the phone even more tempting!

Sry that it didn't help though

Edited by Xenon0816