[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest MinaItse

Thanx of new version.

I wonder a little bit, why there is only that topside dabbing menu in Android, so why not that kind same menu at bottomside too?

They could cowork well, so either one could be opened dabbing it and while other is openet, the other could not be opened then, until the opened one is dabbed to close.

With that bottomside dabmenu could for example that power menu (so I mean that menu for options to save battery, not that menu with power-button) be implemented even better than it is now. It could be with rows or options, and not that line with columns where some hide behind side because they don't fit to be visible all together. But if there were that dabmenu too at bottom side, it could implement that power menu and to show all power-menu selections at same time.

If power-menu options would be in rows, there would be space even to show several direct selection alternatives of 2G/2G+3G/3G at same time, so quicker to choose the one that one wants, so with just one click, instead of several clicks. And such with other power-menu option-alternatives too.

Or to utilize such bottomside dabmenu some other way.

But aguess that is more issue with upper level of Android.

Edited by MinaItse

Guest davidnintendo

Doesn't start how? It works just fine for me after the update.

Whenever I try to open it and I am connected to the internet I just get an "Unfortunately, YouTube has stopped" error message. The application actually opens up when I am not connected to the internet, but at least when I try to open it and I am on wifi it doesn't work.

Logcat:

I/ActivityManager(  199): START {act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10200000 cmp=com.google.android.youtube/.app.honeycomb.Shell$HomeActivity} from pid 497

I/ActivityManager(  199): START {act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] cmp=com.google.android.youtube/.app.honeycomb.phone.HomeActivity} from pid 4952

I/AudioHardwareMSM72XX(  116): set device to SND_DEVICE_SPEAKER device_id=0

I/AudioHardwareMSM72XX(  116): Enabling post proc features with mask 0x0000

D/OpenGLRenderer(  497): Flushing caches (mode 1)

D/AndroidRuntime( 4952): Shutting down VM

W/dalvikvm( 4952): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40a4a1f8)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952): FATAL EXCEPTION: main

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.google.android.youtube/com.google.android.youtube.app.honeycomb.phone.HomeActivity}: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.net.SocketException

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2079)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2104)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at android.app.ActivityThread.access$600(ActivityThread.java:132)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1157)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4575)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:789)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:556)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952): Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.net.SocketException

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at com.google.android.ytremote.b.k.c(SourceFile:196)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at com.google.android.ytremote.b.k.a(SourceFile:372)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at com.google.android.youtube.app.remote.ay.b(SourceFile:252)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at com.google.android.youtube.app.remote.ay.a(SourceFile:127)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at com.google.android.youtube.app.remote.ab.b(SourceFile:112)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at com.google.android.youtube.app.honeycomb.phone.YouTubeActivity.onStart(SourceFile:128)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at com.google.android.youtube.app.honeycomb.phone.HomeActivity.onStart(SourceFile:150)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnStart(Instrumentation.java:1133)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at android.app.Activity.performStart(Activity.java:4475)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2042)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  ... 11 more

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952): Caused by: java.net.SocketException

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at java.net.NetworkInterface.rethrowAsSocketException(NetworkInterface.java:212)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at java.net.NetworkInterface.readIntFile(NetworkInterface.java:207)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at java.net.NetworkInterface.getByName(NetworkInterface.java:114)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at java.net.NetworkInterface.getNetworkInterfacesList(NetworkInterface.java:270)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at java.net.NetworkInterface.getNetworkInterfaces(NetworkInterface.java:262)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at com.google.android.ytremote.b.k.c(SourceFile:191)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  ... 20 more

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952): Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /sys/class/net/usb0/ifindex: open failed: ENOENT (No such file or directory)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at libcore.io.IoBridge.open(IoBridge.java:406)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:118)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:150)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at libcore.io.IoUtils.readFileAsBytes(IoUtils.java:115)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at libcore.io.IoUtils.readFileAsString(IoUtils.java:109)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at java.net.NetworkInterface.readIntFile(NetworkInterface.java:200)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  ... 24 more

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952): Caused by: libcore.io.ErrnoException: open failed: ENOENT (No such file or directory)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at libcore.io.Posix.open(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at libcore.io.BlockGuardOs.open(BlockGuardOs.java:110)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  at libcore.io.IoBridge.open(IoBridge.java:390)

E/AndroidRuntime( 4952):  ... 29 more

W/ActivityManager(  199):   Force finishing activity com.google.android.youtube/.app.honeycomb.phone.HomeActivity

I/Process (  199): Sending signal. PID: 4952 SIG: 3

I/dalvikvm( 4952): threadid=3: reacting to signal 3

I/dalvikvm( 4952): Wrote stack traces to '/data/anr/traces.txt'

W/ActivityManager(  199): Activity pause timeout for ActivityRecord{41090d58 com.google.android.youtube/.app.honeycomb.phone.HomeActivity}

I/Process (  199): Sending signal. PID: 4952 SIG: 3

I/dalvikvm( 4952): threadid=3: reacting to signal 3

I/dalvikvm( 4952): Wrote stack traces to '/data/anr/traces.txt'

I/AudioHardwareMSM72XX(  116): set device to SND_DEVICE_SPEAKER device_id=0

I/AudioHardwareMSM72XX(  116): disabling post proc features with mask 0x0000

Edited by davidnintendo

Guest baaadmojo

Doesn't start how? It works just fine for me after the update.

I get "Youtube on pysähtynyt." (Youtube has stopped.) immediately after i tap the youtube icon. All I can do is tap ok and it takes me back to drawer.

Guest KonstaT

Whenever I try to open it and I am connected to the internet I just get an "Unfortunately, YouTube has stopped" error message. The application actually opens up when I am not connected to the internet, but at least when I try to open it and I am on wifi it doesn't work.

That log doesn't tell much other than it fails to launch.

Have tried clearing YouTube's app data using Titanium or from Android settings? Did you see the account selection and permission request screens the first time you launched it after the update?

Guest davidnintendo

Yes. I also tried uninstalling it and installing it again with the same result. If I open it offline it tries to sign in, and as soon as it gets connectivity the application shuts down.

Guest k0nrad

Re: updated YouTube app - it is exactly the same situation I do have, although I'm on CFX right now. Anyway, it's a strange behaviour...

Does it work without issues on your device, KonstaT?

Guest KonstaT

Re: updated YouTube app - it is exactly the same situation I do have, although I'm on CFX right now. Anyway, it's a strange behaviour...

Does it work without issues on your device, KonstaT?

lol, HQ is laggy. :D

Yeah, everything works fine and it actually looks pretty cool. I didn't allow the permission request on the second screen though so I'm not logged into my account if that matters.

Edit. and still works after I log in and allow youtube and +1 permissions.

post-834050-0-95376500-1340882977_thumb.

Guest emc02

Sounds more like an issue with your service provider.

well, but it only happens with your build, tilals works well, but yours has perfect size... ;)

Guest k0nrad

lol, HQ is laggy. :D

Yeah, everything works fine and it actually looks pretty cool. I didn't allow the permission request on the second screen though so I'm not logged into my account if that matters.

Edit. and still works after I log in and allow youtube and +1 permissions.

post-834050-0-95376500-1340882977_thumb.

OK, now it works on mine phone too!

The secret sauce? It did crash on WiFi. On 3G? Smooth as butter. Now going to check if it works on WiFi after initial setup...

EDIT: No dice. The moment my OSF connects to WiFi, the app crashes. Some screw-up in the code, I guess...

From other Google fails - they took offline map saving out of the Labs i the latest version and now you can't save maps of Poland, Czech Rep., etc!

Probably some map data copyright crap involved, but anyway - hugely inconvenient.

Both failures actually contradict the added functionality, which is super annoying if you did a clean install and have no backup of the apps ATM. :/

Edited by k0nrad

Guest xondrax

Hi KonstaT,

thanks a lot for Your great work,I really appreciate it.I was flashing the SRS file from burstlam AOKP-CM9 topic with Your KANGs,it works flawlessly til 24th and 27th build...it boot ,but it stay on circle "starting applications" and thats all

Thats the the only thing that I have issue with (its not a lifedepend,dsp manager works,so what :P )

Guest baaadmojo

Ok I tried youtube with 3G now. Works nice, smooth and all. I tapped ok for the permissions too.

However, back to wifi and I get the same "Youtube has stopped" instantly. Weird.

Edited by baaadmojo

Guest styrofoam

Hi, KonstaT,

Thank's for the update, it's great! :D

Is it possible to include the option "black background" in the sms app? the white background hurts my eyes! :blush:

I found the SMS app with black background, but I have to install every time I reboot my phone, and if I replace the system app with Root Explorer, I have problems sending sms! :-(

Thank's for your great job! :-)

PS: I hope you understand my English! Sorry it is bad!

KonstaT pliiiizzzz! :blush:

Edited by styrofoam

Guest matcho13579
Ok I tried youtube with 3G now. Works nice, smooth and all. I tapped ok for the permissions too.

However, back to wifi and I get the same "Youtube has stopped" instantly. Weird.

We just have to wait for another update from Google guys...

Guest baaadmojo

Noticed a glitch with the center clock. When I get a text message and the message gets run through in the status bar, the clock stays on the background and doesnt hide like battery,3g,wifi etc.

Guest KonstaT

Hi, KonstaT,

Thank's for the update, it's great! :D

Is it possible to include the option "black background" in the sms app? the white background hurts my eyes! :blush:

I found the SMS app with black background, but I have to install every time I reboot my phone, and if I replace the system app with Root Explorer, I have problems sending sms! :-(

Thank's for your great job! :-)

PS: I hope you understand my English! Sorry it is bad!

KonstaT pliiiizzzz! :blush:

I wasn't ignoring you, I was just looking into what it would take. ;)

It's fairly simple to reverse the colors but making it into a setting would be absolute pain. You'd have to make alternative layouts for every item you want to change and there's quite a few. I'm sorry, it's just too much work. And what's next, then you'd need to do the contacts/peoples app just to keep everything in line. ;)

I'm sure that there are some SMS replacement apps in the Play Shop that have this option.

Guest KonstaT

Noticed a glitch with the center clock. When I get a text message and the message gets run through in the status bar, the clock stays on the background and doesnt hide like battery,3g,wifi etc.

It should hide the center clock when notification ticker is shown, but that still seems to happen sometimes (e.g. plugging in usb while on lockscreen and then unlocking the screen). It should work most of the times though.

Guest d_borghi

i would like to retry this rom, but my bluetooth doesn't want to start when i turn on it.

with aokp remix all works fine. why? :(

Hi KonstaT,

thanks you for another great rom. Everything is fine, except one thing: When i set wifi to turn off when phone sleeps, after few minutes of sleep i turn on phone, wifi is turned on, but cannot connect to any network. Its necessary to turn it off and on again. Is there any solution for this bug?

Guest maarten.colman

I have the same wifi-issue. After deep sleep it mostly doesn't reconnect and I have to turn wifi off and on, before it reconnects. Had the same with CFX.

Guest Sulthekk

Strange... The new YouTube tries to open /sys/classes/net/usb0/ifindex, which doesn't exist...

We would need /sys/devices/virtual/net/usb0/ in order to get it working again, but we got /sys/devices/platform/msm_hsusb/gadget/net/usb0 symlinked there instead, which doesn't seem to be right there. All the others are symlinks to directories under /sys/devices/virtual/, but this one is way off...

I think that may also help fixing USB tethering too?

Guest styrofoam

Thank's, I have already tried but it does not work with my app "NotifierPro"! :(

I wasn't ignoring you, I was just looking into what it would take. ;)

It's fairly simple to reverse the colors but making it into a setting would be absolute pain. You'd have to make alternative layouts for every item you want to change and there's quite a few. I'm sorry, it's just too much work. And what's next, then you'd need to do the contacts/peoples app just to keep everything in line. ;)

I'm sure that there are some SMS replacement apps in the Play Shop that have this option.

OK, no worries, thank you for your answer, I'll try to find a solution! ^_^

Your Rom is awesome! :D