[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest vNa5h

The windows flasher replaces boot.img with a recovery.img, that's why you have to flash a recovery after booting the first time. You could just copy your recovery.img to boot.img and that would work fine.

So no, it's not magic. ;)

so whats the purpose of recovery.img - |

v

i guess it flashes that too...which is stock android recovery i guess

coz when u reboot recovery from v3.0.x.x. of the windows flasher...

it boots into the stock recovery

Guest Snap.IT

so whats the purpose of recovery.img - |

v

i guess it flashes that too...which is stock android recovery i guess

coz when u reboot recovery from v3.0.x.x. of the windows flasher...

it boots into the stock recovery

Yeah, THAT is the point of flashing recovery into boot and keeping stock recover in recovery, so that if it's unsuccessful you can still boot into stock recovery and solve the problem via the flasher.

You can just let it boot after flashing and you'll be in recovery where you can flash another recovery of your choice and then a ROM of your choice.

There is a sticky on this very forum where all of the info is available. It also unlocks all blades in the process which is kinda bloody cool all in itself.

Guest twmnmik

hello

i just put your rom and my phone doesn't recognise anymore my sdcard

before with your swidish snow rom or other rom my sd card worked fine

the same problem with my wife's phone with other sd

both of them is 8gb (sandisk and kingston)

i tried an 2gb tracend sd card and works

any solution?

fix just format the card again(primary partition)

Edited by twmnmik

Guest Snap.IT

hello

i just put your rom and my phone doesn't recognise anymore my sdcard

before with your swidish snow rom or other rom my sd card worked fine

the same problem with my wife's phone with other sd

both of them is 8gb (sandisk and kingston)

i tried an 2gb tracend sd card and works

any solution?

I have 8 sdcards and my phone recognizes all of them in any rom, sandisk, crucial and kingston.

The Greek market is notorious for selling bad memory though, we stopped buying from them ten years ago because that's where the bad memory is sent from Thailand when it doesn't pass standard tests.

Guest twmnmik

I have 8 sdcards and my phone recognizes all of them in any rom, sandisk, crucial and kingston.

The Greek market is notorious for selling bad memory though, we stopped buying from them ten years ago because that's where the bad memory is sent from Thailand when it doesn't pass standard tests.

the cards is ok because in my pc and in my third zte blade with swedish snow rls 7 works fine

somewhere else is the problem

Guest KonstaT

Hi,

I have a problem with the TPT method. I have a GEN2.

When I press and hold VOLUME UP and MENY keys while I power on, I'm blocked into the green Android......

So I use thispost-986230-0-56750100-1343278883_thumb., so I have 140 Mo of system, 2 Mo Cache and 314 Mo data

Would somebody could help me do the TPT or this method can also install CM9 without any firmware problem?

Errm, why are you doing this? You already have a gen2 device and your system partition is large enough (138+ mb) for this ROM.

If you have used windows flasher to update, you can only use G2 style TPTs.

Guest Snap.IT

the cards is ok because in my pc and in my third zte blade with swedish snow rls 7 works fine

somewhere else is the problem

If they work fine, use them and don't complain about how they don't work.

Obviously they don't work fine and the Blade is nitpicky about these things, so that bad Greek memory you buy that works fine in an adapter won't work in your phone, that's why it's only sold in Greece.

If it works fine in SS but not in other ROMs while everyone else doesn't have a problem it might have something to do with the only thing that is different, Greek memory.

We stopped researching the problem and just sent out a new one about ten years ago, so get a replacement that works.

Guest Snap.IT

Errm, why are you doing this? You already have a gen2 device and your system partition is large enough (138+ mb) for this ROM.

He wants to "optimize" his phone..

:S

Guest doraft

Yeah, in the navbar, to the right, that's the exact button for "recent" and it's right there... i don't know what your problem is.

You don't get it do you? I don't need 2 bars, I only want 1 bar that has both the "recent" button and "all the apps" button.

Guest twmnmik

If they work fine, use them and don't complain about how they don't work.

Obviously they don't work fine and the Blade is nitpicky about these things, so that bad Greek memory you buy that works fine in an adapter won't work in your phone, that's why it's only sold in Greece.

If it works fine in SS but not in other ROMs while everyone else doesn't have a problem it might have something to do with the only thing that is different, Greek memory.

We stopped researching the problem and just sent out a new one about ten years ago, so get a replacement that works.

this cards works ok

i have tried about 20 roms on my phones and never had a problem

and the cards is not greek so greece is not the problem. you can say that the manufacture companies sent here worse memory(but i don't believe it for all of them, maybe one or two)

you are telling me that before 10 years you are buying crads from greece.

why? i don't thing that the sellers here give the cards with less cost.

first of all the blades has problems with memorys(not recognise or stop working) not only here in greece

i know many people who order cards from england-germany-china-italy and has the same problem.

so maybe this rom has some issue with some cards(i don't blame the konstat)

i just wrote one problem that i found and maybe someone has any idea for solution

Guest Snap.IT

this cards works ok

i have tried about 20 roms on my phones and never had a problem

and the cards is not greek so greece is not the problem. you can say that the manufacture companies sent here worse memory(but i don't believe it for all of them, maybe one or two)

you are telling me that before 10 years you are buying crads from greece.

why? i don't thing that the sellers here give the cards with less cost.

first of all the blades has problems with memorys(not recognise or stop working) not only here in greece

i know many people who order cards from england-germany-china-italy and has the same problem.

so maybe this rom has some issue with some cards(i don't blame the konstat)

i just wrote one problem that i found and maybe someone has any idea for solution

YAY, your card obviously works, disregard what i have said.

Or it doesn't and you best bet would be to retrurn it and get one that does work.. Do as you please just stop WHINING.

it works for me, but then again, i'm using swedish properly classed memory, you're using Greek memory and it doesn't work... so it must be the ROM that works just fine for everyone without a Greek SDcard.

Yeah, that's how that works...

Guest Snap.IT

You don't get it do you? I don't need 2 bars, I only want 1 bar that has both the "recent" button and "all the apps" button.

So you want to integrate the drawer button into the navbar.

So do it and whine no more.

Guest twmnmik

Or it doesn't and you best bet would be to retrurn it and get one that does work.. Do as you please just stop WHINING.

it works for me, but then again, i'm using swedish properly classed memory, you're using Greek memory and it doesn't work... so it must be the ROM that works just fine for everyone without a Greek SDcard.

the solution it was simple

i backup my files and i formated the cards again(with mini tool)

now it works both of them

Guest doraft

So you want to integrate the drawer button into the navbar.

So do it and whine no more.

I am not whining :) I just asked if someone knows how to do it, but you misunderstood me ....

Edited by doraft

Guest helbybs

Oh, thanks, so does my method support the cm9 without any problem of compatibility (firmware, ect ...)?

Now I have just to instal cwm, cm9 and gapps?

Edited by helbybs

Guest Snap.IT

I am not whining :) I just asked if someone knows how to do it, but you misunderstood me ....

My aplogiesl, the answer is no.

you can fix it by using the code from wherever you found that pic but no, it's not in the settings.

Guest thewild

Hi Konstat

Using 03/07 version, it appears that bluetooth ON prevents my phone from going into deep sleep even when no device is connected.

Is this a known issue ? I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread, but I may have missed it.

Is anybody else seeing this ?

Cheers !

Guest doraft

My aplogiesl, the answer is no.

you can fix it by using the code from wherever you found that pic but no, it's not in the settings.

I am afraid there is no code, because I photoshopped it.

But thanks for the answer :)

Guest thewild

Using 03/07 version, it appears that bluetooth ON prevents my phone from going into deep sleep even when no device is connected.

Is this a known issue ? I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread, but I may have missed it.

I'll try to decompile framework.apk as soon as I have time to do so, but can someone confirm that config_bluetooth_adapter_quick_switch is set to true in overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml ?

Edit : Source http://blog.cryptomilk.org/2012/05/06/cm9-android-4-0-ics-and-deep-sleep/

Edited by thewild

Guest xgt001

Hi

(noob alert)

I am using KonstaT 15/07 build. Should I flash with the latest one? The changelog suggests not many changes.. but I have no clue about the merged commits. Any performance changes significant enough to update??

Guest vNa5h

KonstaT, the new update on youtube the day 25, works perfectly in CM9, no need to install the old app.

cool so it works fine with wifi now

have to check it out