[ROM][GEN2/3][31.10.] CyanogenMod 9 - KonstaKANG (Android 4.0.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Hi KonstaT,

Thanks again for this brilliant rom.

Just one very little bug tough: in the partition info panel, the system doesn't seem to be able to get info from my sd-ext partition...

I get "Not available" as a message.

The partition was formatted as ext2 I think (my bad ), at least that's what "mount | grep sd" says, but I don't think this is related, is it?

What a2sd are you using? It'll only display the info if the EXT partition is mounted to /sd-ext like S2E does. Darktremor mounts it to /system/sd and I have no idea where Link2SD does.

What a2sd are you using? It'll only display the info if the EXT partition is mounted to /sd-ext like S2E does. Darktremor mounts it to /system/sd and I have no idea where Link2SD does.

Aha! Then that's where the issue lies: I'm using link2SD, and it seems that it mounts the EXT partition as /data/sdext2, at least on my device.

Many thanks for your quick reply!

Me again...

Is there a chance that you implement this little checkbox that I think exists in AOKP and lets you choose whether you want to get back to the call log after a call?

Not a thing I can't live without again, but as you seem to be quite responsive to requests for improvements :D

Guest Fatty Eglon

Hi Konsta

Thanks for working on this ICS rom. Looks great. No bloat. Any idea on how to get wifi hotspot working for ICS. On your Swedish Snow rom it worked great. I've tried bluetooth internet tethering and cable tethering but neither work my Eee pc running ICS. Wifi works great to a wifi hotspot etc but not tethering even with a third party app. Really need ICS wifi hotspot to work for my netbook as netbook doesnt seem to pick up anything else.

Any help greatly appreciated. Failing a fix I can go back to Swedish Snow, although strangely ICS seems way smoother now ;-)

Thanks

F.E.

Edited by Fatty Eglon

Guest Golchooruck

Hi KonstaT,

Thanks for the smoothest ICS ROM so far!! :-)

I ran into a little bug - data transfer cannot be switched of from the power widget toggles in the notification drawer. I have to long press and disable from teh system menu. Am I the only one experiencing this? I am running the 06/17 build, should I check with the 06/20?

Many thanks in adnvance!!

Guest Golchooruck

did you check with AFV?

Hi both,

I also get an error message when flashing the TPT, just saying "error". However, half a second later I get a success message(really briefly, almost impossible to spot), and after reboot the partitions are fine - as expected.

You can also try TPT helper from the play store to create your own TPT with the same values as KonstaT's optimized figures.

HumaDroid, did this help? :-)

G.

Guest HumaDroid

I also get an error message when flashing the TPT, just saying "error".

I get that error message too. But TPT worked just fine.

Guest HumaDroid

KonstaT, I experience a smoother launcher when I TPT with 10mb cache, 138mb system partition.

Is the bigger cache supposed to make any difference?

Guest targetbsp

KonstaT, I experience a smoother launcher when I TPT with 10mb cache, 138mb system partition.

Is the bigger cache supposed to make any difference?

Unlikely - it's a not a cache in the way that makes things faster. It's basically a temp download location for google market that isn't used when it's small.

Guest HumaDroid

Unlikely - it's a not a cache in the way that makes things faster. It's basically a temp download location for google market that isn't used when it's small.

Hmm.. then there is a definite improvement in performance from the previous build...

Guest Shiv Prajapati

Can I flash the ROM through CWM recovery.. Mine is idea blade (Chinese Variant). If yes then pls tell the procedure.

Guest KonstaT

Hi!

First, thansk from your amazing work, I follow your work for a long time.

Does on this ROM:

-VOLUME UP key works as shutter button in camera app. Pressing the key focuses and releasing the key takes the photo. VOLUME UP key also starts/stops recording in camcorder.

That was a great feature on Swedish Snow.

Thanks!

Done. Will be included in the next build.

Me again...

Is there a chance that you implement this little checkbox that I think exists in AOKP and lets you choose whether you want to get back to the call log after a call?

Not a thing I can't live without again, but as you seem to be quite responsive to requests for improvements

Seemed simple enough so I ported it. Won't be doing a new build until some time next week though.

Hi KonstaT,

Thanks for the smoothest ICS ROM so far!! :-)

I ran into a little bug - data transfer cannot be switched of from the power widget toggles in the notification drawer. I have to long press and disable from teh system menu. Am I the only one experiencing this? I am running the 06/17 build, should I check with the 06/20?

Many thanks in adnvance!!

Works fine for me. Are you conncted to wifi? It doesn't work on any ROM (even gingerbread) while wifi is the active connection.

Hi there, google talk is missing from google apps, can you add it pls ?

No it's not. Talk is included in the gapps package that is in the first post.

Guest gunapriyan

Dear KonstaT,

My phone shows the following Partition info like as follow.......

System : 152MB/215MB

Data : 95.16MB/204MB

Cache : 1.27MB/35.50 MB

sdcard : 3.17GB/7.50GB

Already I have done TPT Gen1 to Gen2 and I am using CM9 now.

Is the above configuration is suit for CM9 or may i need to repartition it?

If need, please give me the link for correct partition.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Guna

Guest emotty

Fastest ROM i've seen for a Blade so far!

But it eats battery like my nephew eats candy

hummmmmmm ... im testing it with no apps added,i have removed a few unused apps .... i usually untick surface dithering and tick 16bit transparancy (for speed increase) but this is running fast and sweet with them left alone :D ..

i`ll test for a few days before commenting on battery,but i only lost 4 on a reboot :)

Edited by emotty

hummmmmmm ... im testing it with no apps added,i have removed a few unused apps .... i usually untick surface dithering and tick 16bit transparancy (for speed increase) but this is running fast and sweet with them left alone ..

i`ll test for a few days before commenting on battery,but i only lost 4 on a reboot

On my blade, battery life is pretty good, actually:

- Sleep mode is practically costless (1 or 2% overnight with airplane on, 1% every two hours with GSM - I only activate data when needed)

- Data/Wifi is eating a lot while downloading/uploading, but no more than other roms I tested before, GB or ICS

- Wifi is rather economical in idle mode, I'd say 1-2% per hour to keep the connection active

- In call consumption is moderate to heavy, I'd say, sometimes going up to like 10% per hour

- Consumption is heavy while actually using the phone (for games), but probably my OC settings do not help (see below), and my screen brightness levels could be fine-tuned

Note that I OC'd my device to 122-672MHz with smartass v2.

So overall I'm really satisfied with this battery life, I never really have to worry about it!

Edited by Guest

Guest Guula

But it eats battery like my nephew eats candy xbiggrin.png.pagespeed.ic.yJVH25T4ne.png

I had same problem. Solved when took backup service off.

Guest jventura

But it eats battery like my nephew eats candy

Try to see if disabling the "Rotation" in the Screen settings improves the battery while the phone is being used. You will lose the auto-rotation feature, though..