[ROM][ZTE Skate] Paranoid Android - CM9 - Tablet UI (15/12/2012)

Guest C3C0

C3C0, if you are going to make a new version, some ideas (may not be good ... if so, don't mind me :-) ...

Perhaps it would be possible to revise the switch of the WiFi in the notification bar of the tablet mode: sometimes does not correspond to the situation of the setting (in settings is off and in the notification area shown on).

Too in the tablet mode, the animations that are disabled in the Development Options department, in the practice are still running; this does not occur in JB: if you disable there, to go from the home screen to the applications drawer of applications, the animation is not displayed.

Too again, would be nice to have a switch for disable in settings all location services, as in "accounts and sincrhonization", connected with the "GPS" toggle in status bar: the toggle switches all location options on or off.

And finally: it's possible become thinner the build? ZeeLog PA/JB is 170 MB (/system)... may be deleting GMail (easy installable from PlayStore), may be GooManager...

Thank you very much.

Edited by RaAmon

Guest eloimuns

I have another bug in latest build (spanish language)

If i go to Settings/Lock Screen/Battery Status/ and put in Always

appears discharging no Descargando (spanish)

Change:

Battery Status -> Estado de la Bateria

Only When Charging -> Solo cuando se está cargando

Discharging -> Descargando.

Thanks for your project you're the beest!

Guest androidlimb

Hi C3C0, its me again :P , and i am a bit confused, because every time i reboot my skate it says Android Upgrading -> Starting Applications. Im using your latest build (fresh install) and this strange thing happend only after a while, using the skate normal, but now every time.

And after using some Themes, my status bar is showing the x (- to clear everything) is showing up when theres nothing to delete?

Hope you can fix them, but take your time ;)

cheers

Thanks for the translations. I will add them to the next build.

Regarding updated OMX libs. I don't know what device they come from but one thing is clear - they break

HQ video playing on our skate (laggy as before). So I am keeping the original proprietary ones.

Plus adding some new ones we don't have yet (divx/xvid support).

I also added realmedia encoder at kernel level, although that format is quite old.

I included the latest Ganster's libstagefright patches.

My youtube HQ tests went OK. Didn't have any reboot so far but I just might be too lucky :)

I also tried some high res videos. I was able to play 1280x540 and it was quite watchable although slightly choppy.

@androidlimb

Themes should be used only on clean CM9 - this means with hybrid mode turned off.

They might not be fully compatible with tablet status bar.

Android updating issue... Something's wrong with your installation. I would recommend a clean install.

Be sure you have your system partition big enough. (190mb minimum)

Guest skywalkerctu

There are some glitches on some games (eg. Angry Birds Star Wars) but this ROM is very stable and fast =)

Yeah,playing Angry Birds Star Wars very smoothly(thanks C3C0) then suddenly get kicked out.Is it a rom problem or an app problem?

Device problem. Non-gingerbread roms are not very suitable for gaming mainly due to low memory.

Bad news. Reboots during video playback are still there. And nothing in logs which could help me to track down the cause.

Guest Anglobal

Thank you for a wonderful rom that has made my phone ton more useful and interesting. One little thing that I noticed, if I may report, concerns the notification slide (in the phone status bar mode), which when slid all the way down, randomly tends to go beneath the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen, instead just on top of it. Thank you again for all your work (I went from my local stock rom to your CM 7.2 and than over to Mokee, before I settled with PA).

Hmm trying hard but unable to reproduce... Does it happen under certain circumstances? Steps to reproduce would be nice.

Did you try to change some settings that could be related? (Like customized navbar buttons, etc).

Any Spanish people around? I need translations for

<!-- Lock screen clock alignment -->

<string name="lockscreen_clock_align_title">Clock alignment</string>

<string name="lockscreen_clock_align_left">Left</string>

<string name="lockscreen_clock_align_center">Center</string>

<string name="lockscreen_clock_align_right">Right</string>

And also translation for "Always on"

Edited by C3C0

Guest eloimuns

Hmm trying hard but unable to reproduce... Does it happen under certain circumstances? Steps to reproduce would be nice.

Did you try to change some settings that could be related? (Like customized navbar buttons, etc).

Any Spanish people around? I need translations for

<!-- Lock screen clock alignment -->

<string name="lockscreen_clock_align_title">Clock alignment</string>

<string name="lockscreen_clock_align_left">Left</string>

<string name="lockscreen_clock_align_center">Center</string>

<string name="lockscreen_clock_align_right">Right</string>

And also translation for "Always on"

<!-- Lock screen clock alignment --> Posición del reloj en el bloqueo de pantalla

<string name="lockscreen_clock_align_title">Clock alignment</string> Posición del reloj

<string name="lockscreen_clock_align_left">Left</string> Izquierda

<string name="lockscreen_clock_align_center">Center</string> Centro

<string name="lockscreen_clock_align_right">Right</string> Derecho

Always on -> Siempre Visible

Guest Anglobal

I slightly decreased status bar dpi and rearanged navigation bar buttons, thats it. It really appears to be a random thing although I doubt it is so. Right now it is ok, but just 10 mins ago it wasnt.

Guest Lex20nine

Greetings everyone. C3C0 thanks for the awesome job man! I've been following PA in my ZTE Skate for a month already and is great stuff. I was curious, about those OMX drivers posted before. How do I flash them? Simply flashing from Recovery? I'm learning here and well, I wanna be sure.

I moved from mokeeos 1.10 to this version and i still havent learned how to use it. lo. but its nice system. anyway i need little help, every time i storat any game i can still see my notification bar. How to set that my notification bar is hidden when playing games? thank you