WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Full Nexus 7 details!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Google is about to reveal the Nexus 7... and we have the full details!

Available in 8GB and 16GB variants, pricing is yet to be confirmed, but the Nexus 7 will ship with $25 of Google Play credit included for a limited time.

Tech specs include...

• 7” 1280x800 HD display (216 ppi)
  • Back-lit IPS display
  • Scratch-resistant Corning glass
  • 1.2MP front-facing camera
  • 198.5 x 120 x 10.45mm
  • 340g
  • WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
  • Bluetooth
  • 8/16 GB internal storage
  • 1 GB RAM
  • Micro USB
  • 4325 mAh (Up to 8 hours of active use)
  • Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
  • Quad-core Tegra 3 processor
  • Microphone
  • NFC (Android Beam)
  • Accelerometer
  • GPS
  • Magnetometer
  • Gyroscope

(click image for large version)

nexus7detailssmall.jpg

Click here to view the item

Guest rferrett

No microSD slot?

What is it with Nexus devices and their crummy internal storage AND war on MicroSD?

A tablet with only 8 or 16 gig of storage is I think basically useless if it is intended as a media consumption device.

#FAIL

Guest skull_fcuk

i dont think its a Fail, i just think they are looking tonkeep within a budget and make the tech accessible, and relatively simple. To be honest, if you need more than 16gb you'd be looking elsewhere at one of the hundreds of other tablets.

I think this is a great device, and will sell to quite a broad range of people and age groups. I travel and work away from home extensively and use an Ascend G300, and a Motorola XOOM. Both devices have 32gb Microsd cards in them and the Xoom has a further 32gb in it, and im hardly using it all. This will be a 'take to work on the train/ bus eviice

Guest dbbloke

£159 and £199 is a bit of an annoying price (compared to the rotw), bloody VAT. £41 for 8gb extra

Now if only the checkout would stop being overloaded or whatever and let me buy one.

OK, got one, but with shipping and more vat total price is:

Subtotal: £159.00

Shipping: £9.99

(VAT Included): £28.16

Total: £168.99

Guest absro

Yeah. And available only in US, UK and whatever.

Let's say that I might understand the reasons for limited access for movies/music (they must negotiate with the local authorities in every country), but what about the hardware!? I can buy hardware from Amazon UK even if I live in another European country.

Honestly, I'm starting to think seriously about switching to WP8 and Surface Pro in the future... I'm sick of being treated and a second hand citizen!

Guest rferrett

I just don't understand how a tablet can be useful with that small amount of storage. One of the main things I want to do with my tablets is watch films and videos. And in HD that takes up space and lots of it.

The Nexus 7 would be useless to say take on holiday to watch films because you could only fit one, possibly two on it.

I totally understand keeping down the on board storage to keep costs down but in that case a micro sd slot is essential, really, really essential.

Guest comicbookguy

I'm more worried about MHL/HDMI/DNLA and Host Mode, which seem to not get mentioned so far. I want to be able to connect a USB stick or hard drive & my TV at the same time..... otherwise its still in the eReader bracket......:

Guest comicbookguy

£159 and £199 is a bit of an annoying price (compared to the rotw), bloody VAT. £41 for 8gb extra

Now if only the checkout would stop being overloaded or whatever and let me buy one.

OK, got one, but with shipping and more vat total price is:

Subtotal: £159.00

Shipping: £9.99

(VAT Included): £28.16

Total: £168.99

where from? And did you get the Play credit?

Guest comicbookguy

According to Androidpolice its MHL compatible thru the microUSB socket for Hdmi (which wasn't included on the original GNex specs, but works fine...).

Seeing lots of ppl saying USB OTG/Host mode cables "should work"

But:

No USB stick/hard drive access while on HDMI

No mention of docking to expand the ports

...... need the 16gb if I want to trade in my Vega...... ;)

Guest everett_psycho

A great price for what's inside, the lack of SD slot is annoying but for home use a lot of people can either use files stored elsewhere on their network or play local files with dlna. I'm tempted by one for the commute to work if there's a decent way to get the newspaper on it without the internet connection. On the other hand I only go 5 stops on the tube so it seems a bit much for the 10 minutes a day

Guest masterpfa

Great product at the price with some awesome features and some nice hardware traits too..

Yes I would have liked more on board storage, I would also have liked Micro SD card support, I would have liked a rear facing camera and 3g support, but we all have to be realistic so as a result, I have not hesitated in Pre-ordering one, roll on mid-July

PS it's a Nexus device too

WIN WIN WIN for me.

Guest everett_psycho
According to engadget, the 16gb will be sold thru currys/PC world in the UK. Might go hands on first......

I get the feeling you probably won't get the £15 play store credit there, then again you won't pay the postage do it will probably balance out

Guest fahim.yaqoob

I just don't understand how a tablet can be useful with that small amount of storage. One of the main things I want to do with my tablets is watch films and videos. And in HD that takes up space and lots of it.

The Nexus 7 would be useless to say take on holiday to watch films because you could only fit one, possibly two on it.

I totally understand keeping down the on board storage to keep costs down but in that case a micro sd slot is essential, really, really essential.

I do see ur point.But realise that this is 1 of many Jellybean tablets to come. if u require more space, there are other tablets out there. My uncle has a 16gb iphone on contract, he has to keep deleting photos, to free up space. But an iphone costs >£500

Guest fahim.yaqoob

I get the feeling you probably won't get the £15 play store credit there, then again you won't pay the postage do it will probably balance out

yeah thats right. Comparison of price:(rounded to nearest digit)

$199 = £127. We pay: £156

$249 = £159. We pay: £199

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nuclearcodes

yeah thats right. Comparison of price:(rounded to nearest digit)

$199 = £127. We pay: £156

$249 = £159. We pay: £199

Dont we all hate 20% tax

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.