Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Zarch1972

For those having problems, have you tried installing from a "restore factory defaults", and wiping all partitions within recovery? Some are dirty flashing, some are installing over a stock 4.12, but since you are not able to get up and running on top of an earlier build, why not just wipe the slate clean and try installing JR7 from there. May also want to take a closer look at what is in your bake and create a "minimalist" ROM. Both my GNex units upgraded from JR6 to JR7 with no issues. I just wiped cache and dalvic cache beforehand as a precaution (running Franco's kernel).

Jr7 wouldn't install (black screen as per others), hoped to go back to my backup that I'd taken, but for some inexplicable reason it says the backup isn't valid. FFS

Tried 'wipe data/factory' in CWM and installed the jr7 build again, but no joy.

So no working build, no backup, and now no data. :(

Guest ogdobber

Kind of stopped topic... anyone else got this last build working since first jr7 release?

dirty install for me over jr5 and it is working flawless. might nandroid and try a clean install to see if I can see what is causing problems for people

Guest Sk1mble

I'm not sure some of you are getting that Paul updated the Kitchen a second time after he first put JR7 up. I installed that updated JR7 ROM over JR7 dated 16th October and it's that which didn't install correctly. I reverted to the version of JR7 from 16th October and it's working absolutely fine.

Those of you who say you managed to update fine with JR7, did you do so prior to Paul's update?

Guest Zarch1972

Always takes something like this to emphasise the need to take a CWM backup. (and make sure its okay)

This little adventure has also reminded me that its a good idea to leave your last working build on the sdcard as a fallback.

I'd deleted mine (doh), so no working backup, + no previous rom = no working phone.

Had to download CM10 and adb push to my phone then install just to get back up and running........ bit of a disaster. :(

Guest PaulOBrien

The same problem, when I press "cut" the operation is not performed.

I'm hoping for a quick fix.

I do the following - go to gallery, select picture, press menu button at top right, select 'set picture as', choose 'contact photo', pick a contact, resize as required, press OK and it works...?

If someone can explain what's not working i'll try and diagnose! :)

P

Guest Paulo Nobrega

I do the following - go to gallery, select picture, press menu button at top right, select 'set picture as', choose 'contact photo', pick a contact, resize as required, press OK and it works...?

P

When i press ok, after the resizing... does not work... keeps in picture to resize

Guest stefano iungg

Are you using the regular gallery option from the kitchen?

P

Yes, stock with picasa/g+ sincr option, but I don't have g+ installed.

Edited by stefano iungg

Guest Paulo Nobrega
Are you using the regular gallery option from the kitchen?

P

Yes... the standard in kitchen... i select the photo, select as photo contact, i select the contact, asks me to crop, i do, but when i click ok it says "saving image" and stays in the image...

Guest stefano iungg

Yes... the standard in kitchen... i select the photo, select as photo contact, i select the contact, asks me to crop, i do, but when i click ok it says "saving image" and stays in the image...

Same behavior, the pop up appears (it says "saving image") and disappears without cutting.

Yes, stock with picasa/g+ sincr option, but I don't have g+ installed.

Upgraded from jr6 to jr7.

I'm using the offline version of gallery without g+

Does the job of cropping and saving fine.

Guest Paulo Nobrega

Upgraded from jr6 to jr7.

I'm using the offline version of gallery without g+

Does the job of cropping and saving fine.

Already had this issue in jr6

Guest congrey

P

I have just got a force close when tried to add birthday date to the existing contact.

Guest FORTCIS

Hi I have Jr6 4.1.1 prebake installed on my nexus and have just started receiving a system update available notification for 4.1.2 (18.4mb) I take should NOT install this as its not a modaco update?