Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Dieter Schroeder

Can't deactivate Bluetooth. Android stutters. Batter meter is really stock, even after reboot. Bad experience until now. Will try a new bake with your fixes now.

Guest anssi_s

Can't deactivate Bluetooth. Android stutters. Batter meter is really stock, even after reboot. Bad experience until now. Will try a new bake with your fixes now.

I've been thinking, what about a mod for no battery indicator on the status bar? That way we can add whatever we like... I find both percentage mods to be too small to easily make out the percentage.

Another thing from CyanogenMod, apparently there's a setting which shows lock screen widgets expanded automatically, So you don't have to swipe down to see everything on your Dash Clock widget... Come to think of it, where's the DC plugin for the Modaco app?

NexusLouderV6Beta4.zip should work on this ROM?

P

I made a clean install Jr 14 and then i installed NexusLouderV6Beta4.zip. It works with music and games really great but unfortunatly not with my navigation (Navigon) where it´s most needed ;-)

Guest Dieter Schroeder

Installed a new bake and got the stock battery meter with no option chosen. No battery meter would be cool. The ROM runs smoother now without Franco kernel. Bluetooth headphones loose connection every now and then, but that seems to be a 4.2.2 issue, because I've the same experience on my N4.

Guest warhead_1

Thanks for the new release Paul.

No chrome in my bake even though I made sure I selected it, but I didn't opt for the default browser. ( which is no different to what I usually do )

Guest PaulOBrien

Jr15 is now in the kitchen! As always, the prebake will be updated when kitchen users confirm all is well! :)

This is a minor update, larger changes coming in the next release!

P

Changelog

1st Mar

• All latest app updates merged in
  • Minor fixes

Guest syddp

The RIL XXLH1 and the radio XXLJ1 Baseband. Shouldn't they ?

But for the rest all seems to work fine! Thx Paul.

Standard gallery doesn't seem to have any issues.

Guest PaulOBrien

I've just made a small update to the kitchen - this fixes a FC issue with Play Store services and also adds the Ovivo Mobile APN.

Would anyone be interested in a kitchen option to fix AdBlock again for 4.2.2? This is technically a security hole, but i've had at least one request.

P

Guest syddp

What makes you say it's the XXLH1 RIL? They are matching in this ROM?

P

My mistake, GetRIL 0.9.6.3 indicates RIL/Baseband don't match but I selected the option XXLJ1 in the online kitchen. That's why ;)

However, they seem to work well all together.

Guest John Carroll

Today I updated both my GNex phones from JR13 to JR15. Both were also running the latest version of Franco's kernel. Updates to JR15 went smoothly, but the first phone would not boot after installing Franco build r364. I baked a second JR15 without the new baseband, and excluded the exchange mail server. Same results. I've now installed two versions of JR15 on two phones and neither will run the Franco r364 kernel. The phone freezes at the Google screen with the unlocked padlock. I've already invested quite a bit of time in trying to solve the problem which is also present after doing a factory reset/wipe from within CWM. I'm stuck on the stock kernel for now. I know Franco's kernel is supported, to the extent of Paul including the free version in the ROM. Anyone running JR15 with r364? Running JR15 an older Franco build perhaps?

EDIT: Tried flashing r364 from CWM instead of auto flash from the kernel app. No joy.

Edited by John Carroll

Guest Puzzlegirl
Today I updated both my GNex phones from JR13 to JR15. Both were also running the latest version of Franco's kernel. Updates to JR15 went smoothly, but the first phone would not boot after installing Franco build r364. I baked a second JR15 without the new baseband, and excluded the exchange mail server. Same results. I've now installed two versions of JR15 on two phones and neither will run the Franco r364 kernel. The phone freezes at the Google screen with the unlocked padlock. I've already invested quite a bit of time in trying to solve the problem which is also present after doing a factory reset/wipe from within CWM. I'm stuck on the stock kernel for now. I know Franco's kernel is supported, to the extent of Paul including the free version in the ROM. Anyone running JR15 with r364? Running JR15 an older Franco build perhaps?

EDIT: Tried flashing r364 from CWM instead of auto flash from the kernel app. No joy.

r364 is for 4.2.1 - you need r365 or r366 for a 4.2.2 ROM. There was no problem flashing either of those on my daughter's GNex either from the (paid) app or downloading and flashing in recovery. I would suggest checking the thread in XDA :D