Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

I'm MoDaCo addfree and I can't use the kitchen any more :(

Clear your cache and refresh!

I9250XXLF1 for me Paul.

Other than this issue which looks like a Google mess up - good job on the ROM.

Did you select the baseband option in the kitchen? If so, it looks like that's not flashing correctly.

P

Guest Calamity James

I don't think I'm gonna flash this. I've lost count of the amount of nandroid restores I've done today.

I can only assume it's something up in my device that's causing it.

Could it be that I manually installed the 4.2 camera a week or so ago using Root Explorer?

ok the plot thickens....

Tried another sim the Nexus will work with my old vodafone sim, but not with the 3 sim that has been in the phone since I've had it, (or another 3 sim I have)

With the 3 sim inserted I get zero signal and the message 'Emergency Calls Only - 3' on lock screen

but both 3 sims will work in my G300 and Nokia N8.

Was fine on Jr7 and yesterdays Jr8

Weird, any ideas

Update, also works fine with an O2 sim, but won't work with any 3Uk sim ?

Edited by Ratkat

Guest PaulOBrien

ok the plot thickens....

Tried another sim the Nexus will work with my old vodafone sim, but not with the 3 sim that has been in the phone since I've had it, (or another 3 sim I have)

With the 3 sim inserted I get zero signal and the message 'Emergency Calls Only - 3' on lock screen

but both 3 sims will work in my G300 and Nokia N8.

Was fine on Jr7 and yesterdays Jr8

Weird, any ideas

Update, also works fine with an O2 sim, but won't work with any 3Uk sim ?

Strange indeed! If you roll back to an old ROM, does it work?

P

Guest PaulOBrien

The first 6 UI mods are in the kitchen ready for testing... the search icon versions should be online tomorrow (a few more tweaks needed) together with the battery mods. :)

P

Guest HearThatVoiceAgain

One odd thing I've noticed. I am on T-Mobile here in the UK, recently they changed the name of the combined Orange/T-Mobile network to EE But on this ROM I'm shown as being on T-Mobile again, not only that but if I search available networks I get

T-Mobile

O2 - UK

T-Mobile

vodafone UK

T-Mobile Orange

Not a problem as such since I have a connection, but odd all the same.

Flashed OK here but still on old baseband. Widgets are working and could be useful. It would be good if you could edit the second drop down screen as the buttons on there are less useful than widgetsoid. I'm guessing that is where profile switching will be on larger devices

Guest Sk1mble

Hi Paul...

I was about to bake a ROM with the menu buttons on both sides, but it seems though that's now active the enhanced power menu is now greyed out again. Is this deliberate?

Thanks,

Skimble

Guest Dieter Schroeder

Just baked and flashed Jr8 together with Franco's kernel nightly 300. Doesn't work. Only updates some of the apps (79 instead of 193) and phone hangs afterwards. Tried to revert to 4.1.2. No way. Flashed Jr8 again without Franco's kernel. Et voilà.

Also don't like the new lock screen and waiting for circular battery indicator.

Only issue to date: Trackball Alert got installed, but not an option.

Flash is no longer included?

And another question: Got a warning that the ROM probably reverts recovery to stock. Allow or deny? I've denied for now