[23/07/2013][ICS] Eco CM9 - aiming for stability and battery efficiency

Guest jventura

Having a problem with wifi.  Even though I have set advanced wifi setting to "keep wifi on only when plugged", it's remaining on for many hours at a time.  When eventually it does go off, it won't wake back up with the screen; I have to manually disable then re-enable it.   

Problem solved.  I replaced the files in system/wifi and etc/wifi with the same files from CM10.1   .... Bingo! Now the wifi sleeps and wakes correctly.    Hope this is of help to someone.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cartierv

As someone else mentioned, I've had this ROM on since last summer. Not sure how much it's been updated since then. I'm back to my ZTE Blade for a while, as the newer phone died recently.

The only problem I found with this ROM at the time was that wifi tethering would only work without encryption.

Has this been fixed since last year ?

Cheers

I'm going to give this ROM a go soon - looking for stability and battery  life.

In case no-one else has mentioned it - if you have an AMOLED display you can save even more by having a mainly black background with dark wallpaper (if you need a wallpaper).

If the LED's are off, or dark, they use much less power!

Guest Watashi_PT

Flashed this today and i have to say it's amazing. The others (CM 10.1, CM 10.2, CM 11) are very very laggy, but this one is smooth like gingerbread.

Thanks for this amazing rom.

Another thing is, i want to install facebook but it says that i don't have enough memory. How can i make it to install directly in the SD card?

Regards

Guest chorao

use CronMod-INT2EXT+ and forget about space problems...

Flashed this today and i have to say it's amazing. The others (CM 10.1, CM 10.2, CM 11) are very very laggy, but this one is smooth like gingerbread.

Thanks for this amazing rom.

Another thing is, i want to install facebook but it says that i don't have enough memory. How can i make it to install directly in the SD card?

Regards

Yeah I just installed CronMod-INT2EXT+_signed.zip. Don't try the V2 one, it doesn't install.

This ROM seems much better, on CM10.2 and 11 the camera didn't work for me. Looking forward to some battery life checking...

Also hoping it fixes the CM7 bug where the camera driver stops working after  a while. Fingers crossed!

Guest GT.hu

Yeah I just installed CronMod-INT2EXT+_signed.zip. Don't try the V2 one, it doesn't install.

If this is an sd-ext script, then I suggest the S2E app from Google Play instead.

• 1 month later...
Guest killadroid

anyone tell me a wifi tethering app that works on this rom,I want to flash it again but when I last used it couldn't find a wifi tethering app that seemed to work

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Florian Brüll

Having a problem with wifi.  Even though I have set advanced wifi setting to "keep wifi on only when plugged", it's remaining on for many hours at a time.  When eventually it does go off, it won't wake back up with the screen; I have to manually disable then re-enable it.   

Problem solved.  I replaced the files in system/wifi and etc/wifi with the same files from CM10.1   .... Bingo! Now the wifi sleeps and wakes correctly.    Hope this is of help to someone.

How did you solved your WLAN / Wifi issues with this ROM?

I have the Problem that the WIFI does not connect or doesnt even found a WLAN access point when in range. I need to turn off and on again the WLAN multiple times to get a wifi connection...

Factory Reset and wipe all cashes has been done.

Where do I get the mentioned system/wifi and etc/wifi files and how do i replace them?

Edit:

this file wifi related files exchange does not make any difference, firstofall i cant even exchange the system files, i tried it with total commander with root right and via ADP on a Windows Laptop without success it was not possible to delete or overwrite the original wifi files.

And the binary compare shows that the files are the same, see new attached files: 

cm-10.1.zip

Eco-CM9.zip

So please provide a proper fix for the wifi connect problem after deep sleep wakeup or link your working files.

Edited by Florian Brüll

• 2 months later...
Guest cpagrawal28

Thanks for awesome rom. 

Live wallpaper is not working for me. I tried to install it is showing that live wallpaper picker is not working for me. 

The real problem is - 

My phone is not going into deep sleep mode, and battery is draining very fast. please suggest if I can do something for this. 

How to trun off low battery led notification ? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest arkiolok

use CronMod-INT2EXT+ and forget about space problems...

This ROM seems much better, on CM10.2 and 11 the camera didn't work for me. Looking forward to some battery life checking...

Also hoping it fixes the CM7 bug where the camera driver stops working after  a while. Fingers crossed!

How did you guys installed it? Whenever I install it after flashing cm7 and gapps it just stucks on booting screen and it does not load.

If this is an sd-ext script, then I suggest the S2E app from Google Play instead.

And if I try to install S2E the boxes seems unclickable.

Any suggestions guys?

Edit: I think my ext part was on ext3. When i turned it back to ext4 problem fixed.

Edited by arkiolok

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I' ve been runnning ECO CM9 for a good few months now and it's been behaving well.

I have a number of screenshots with battery life of 3 days and one even getting 4!

The secret seems to be "disable background data" no WiFi and no GPS (unless you need them).

I have only found one annoying bug - sometimes the touchscreen goes dead. THis has happened about 3 times in 6 months or so. Because the power key needs user input to confirm power down - you can't! ;^) One suggestion is a sly modification - maybe allow the volume keys to do the confirm reboot too? Otherwise you have to pull the battery.

Anyhow, reason I am posting is today suddenly my Blade has been running hot and battery life is about 12 hours or less!!

Diagnostics don't show much running except the screen (although the screen is turned off most of the time).

I have so far tried:

warm reboot

power-cycle and pull battery

clear dalvik cache and reboot

not much imrovement so far...

Because I have bacground data disabled it's unlikely that any apps have been updated.

It is hot especially on the SIM card metal tang and also the charging is very slow.

Any ideas?

It's getting worse it seems - I could only get about 55% charge into it and then the battery only lasted about 3 hours...

Could it be a hardware fault?

After looking at the System settings/Battery report screen I can see the phone is "awake" when it shouldn't be.

So - something bad is running. But taskiller and the system task manager don't show anything unusual.

Hellooo? Anyone there?

After a bit more monitoring it seems the phone stays awake when off, but doesn't stay awake when charging. Maybe it's a USB thing?

I killed the 3% CPU  task that monitors screen rotation but no improvement. "top" shows no unusual activity. I changed the battery.

So now I am tied to the wall wart! Or get another handset out of the spares box....

Edited by a_q

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Paulo SGarcia

Maybe someone (probably @jventura) should edit the original post in the thread.

I was unable to download with the links in the first post and only after a search found this new links.

Thanks.

Edited by Paulo SGarcia

Guest Paulo SGarcia

I have CyanogenMod 10.1 from KonstaT but find it a bit lagy.

Before flashing this EcoCM9 should I perform a full wipe (data/factory/cache/Dalvik cache)?

Guest ezpc98

I've re-flashed phone with this ROM, installed mini gapps package and added google account. All these went painlessly, however I'm still missing play store app in the app drawer. So what I'm missing here and how do I get play store working?

Ignore my ask! I did re-TPT (160mb) from scratch for avoidance of doubt, flashed ROM again and installed Mini GApps. It worked flawlessly this time and Play Store is present in Apps drawer.

Edited by ezpc98

• 1 month later...