[23/07/2013][ICS] Eco CM9 - aiming for stability and battery efficiency

Guest jventura

Guest kram23

Yes I was the notification widgets I ment. I thought I had been through all the settings menus but must of missed that one :-D thanks for the heads up and a really nice rom.

Only slight problem I have now is with APN Switch app that I have used for 18 months won't work with android 4+, on older roms all it does is alter the APN from oringeinternet to oringeinternetapndroid so the phone can't access the Internet at unless you want it to. I've edited the APN myself to stop any data leakage.

Again, great rom.

Thanks

Mark

Guest probals

Hi Joao,

One possible bug that I may have encountered -

When I'm on 2G, while getting a GPS lock in Maps or other apps my network fails. I have to reboot the phone. Similarly when I'm on 3G, the network doesn't completely fail but data becomes very slow, so much so that maps do not load.

I used to have similar problems on CM10 as well, so dunno if it's H/W related. Maybe someone could check it out.

Great work.

Cheers mate!

P

Guest lucazade

unfortunately gmail in CM9 and ECO as well is buggy.. sometimes the content of the email is not visible.

I have to try an updated gmail from CM10 or some other trick. :S

Guest probals

Oh yes, you are right! I have faced the same problem. Will keep checking if someone has a workaround

unfortunately gmail in CM9 and ECO as well is buggy.. sometimes the content of the email is not visible.

I have to try an updated gmail from CM10 or some other trick. :S

Guest jventura

When I'm on 2G, while getting a GPS lock in Maps or other apps my network fails. I have to reboot the phone. Similarly when I'm on 3G, the network doesn't completely fail but data becomes very slow, so much so that maps do not load.

I assume you are talking about the telephony network on 2G and not data network?

I have tested just now, and things work as normal.. If you want to troubleshoot your hardware, backup your current ROM in CWM, install Eco CM7 (or another gingerbread ROM) and try again. Gingerbread ROMs are usually more stable for some "corner" cases like yours.

Oh yes, you are right! I have faced the same problem. Will keep checking if someone has a workaround

Check the change log at the top of the second post

It was but... Some apps like gmail and fb show white screen when they are hw accelerated. So I incorporated patch by Mr. Pruvot that allows to turn off acceleration for apps that have this problem. This eliminates white screen bug in them. And they are not as laggy as I thought they would be. So I definitely recommend this approach.

Guest jventura

It was but... Some apps like gmail and fb show white screen when they are hw accelerated. So I incorporated patch by Mr. Pruvot that allows to turn off acceleration for apps that have this problem. This eliminates white screen bug in them. And they are not as laggy as I thought they would be. So I definitely recommend this approach.

Hi C3CO,

where can I find that patch, do you know?

Thanks

Guest jventura

very nice rom, but due to battery drain (compared to eco cm7) i'm in eco cm7 now..

Thx for your contribution Jventura!

Where did you find the battery drain? Did you test several times, including at least one reset (sometimes apps get "stucked")?

Guest ntopas

Where did you find the battery drain? Did you test several times, including at least one reset (sometimes apps get "stucked")?

the main problem is that i do not have good reception, i get readings of about -95 till -115 db at my house..and with 4.0.4 i had to charge my phone everyday.

I used eco cm9 for about 6 days.

yes i did reset the phone a couple of times..

but i tested your eco cm7 and i think, that as you said, it suits perfect to our blade!!

Edited by ntopas

Guest jventura

the main problem is that i do not have good reception, i get readings of about -95 till -115 db at my house..and with 4.0.4 i had to charge my phone everyday.

I used eco cm9 for about 6 days.

yes i did reset the phone a couple of times..

but i tested your eco cm7 and i think, that as you said, it suits perfect to our blade!!

Yes, bad reception keeps the radio constantly communicating with the cell towers draining the battery..

Guest BVargas

Hi, jventura, so, I run the Blade Checker here and it show me this specifications:

Current partition sizes:

System: 220 MB

Data: 162 MB

Cache: 37 MB

Is it good to try this rom or should I keep the Eco CM7/Swedish Snow RLS7?

Guest jventura

Hi, jventura, so, I run the Blade Checker here and it show me this specifications:

Current partition sizes:

System: 220 MB

Data: 162 MB

Cache: 37 MB

Is it good to try this rom or should I keep the Eco CM7/Swedish Snow RLS7?

This is stable enough, although I still consider gingerbread snappier.. Backup Eco CM7 in CWM and try this. If you don't like it you can always revert to your previous backup..

But if you are planning to keep using my Eco builds or Konstat's builds, you can TPT your phone to have 160MB of /system so you have more space for applications in the phone's memory. :)

Guest BVargas

This is stable enough, although I still consider gingerbread snappier.. Backup Eco CM7 in CWM and try this. If you don't like it you can always revert to your previous backup..

But if you are planning to keep using my Eco builds or Konstat's builds, you can TPT your phone to have 160MB of /system so you have more space for applications in the phone's memory. :)

Yeah, I'll do this. Btw, i've never did this TPT thing before, so... should I do it before or after flash the rom?

Thanks and sorry for my english, it's not my native language haha.

Guest BVargas

Ok, ahn... i try to do the TPT thing everything and goes wrong, now my Blade doesen't even turn on, just keep at the Android logo,then it goes to the left side of the screen for ever and ever. Looks like I f*ck everything, bro.

Edit: Problem solved, but I'll not try this TPT again, just keep with the 220 /system and whatever haha. Is there any other way to do it?

Edited by BVargas

Guest jventura

does it support sd card extension?

Probably, although I don't use it myself..

Ok, ahn... i try to do the TPT thing everything and goes wrong, now my Blade doesen't even turn on, just keep at the Android logo,then it goes to the left side of the screen for ever and ever. Looks like I f*ck everything, bro.

Edit: Problem solved, but I'll not try this TPT again, just keep with the 220 /system and whatever haha. Is there any other way to do it?

The TPT was just to set your /system partition to 160MB, although you don't need to.. But you will always have 60MB of /system unused.. But be carefull with TPT's, I once bricked a Blade and it had to go to repair. If you do it again, use TPT Helper which is in Google Market..

To install this ROM you just need to boot into CWM (Power ON & Vol -). If you don't know what CWM (clockworkmod) is, search the first pinned topics of this section of the modaco forum..

hey bro ? how can i set image wallpaper as a whole size (fit to screen)..

it always like a rectangle -_-

In the phone you can set the rectangle to a greater area of the image. Or use GIMP to change the resolution for 960x800 pixels in your PC..