[GUIDE] Change to ANY G300/U8815/U8818 ROM via Boot loader version bypass [HACK]

Guest Gary_J_Wright

Guest PeaceMaker_H

No, I didn't.

Strange then, since as soon as I recovered the imei the chinese logos were gone..

(I also did a factory reset/wipe on this step)

Guest Gary_J_Wright

So how does this work? Does changing the IMEI somehow allow any update to be flashed to the phone?

obviously its from the chinese forum so hard to understand in depth, but i get the idea its not the imei change to zero that allows it, AS IT CHANGES AFTER YOU HAVE FLASHED ROM

but the whole writing of certain areas of memory to replace bootloader version=xxx to a lower one (prob b882) I BELIEVE THIS AREA CONTAINS IMEI NUMBER AS WELL

dont think it actually changes bootloader at all? NOT 100% ON THIS.... just its I.D and the imei to zero as result - hence need for a copy of original.

Edited by Gary_J_Wright

Guest Dazzozo

IMEI 0 is just a prettier alternative to showing someone else's IMEI. I believe Gary is right, it just sets the version.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Gary_J_Wright

Yeah, tried this, still the same chinese splash1 screen. I see the root shell appear and I know the bootloader is unlocked because I have flashed a recovery. I don't want to keep running the unlocker because surely that can't be wise. Guess I'll just wait until someone works out a manual way to do it - I know fastboot flash splash1 works on some phone as I used it on my HTC but don't think that works on the g300.

Edit: Bah, I dont get it. I just re-flashed ICS via the dload method so the bootloader got re-written, I then used the newer english bootloaderunlocker.exe to root & unlock but I still have the stupid white /orange splash1 logo. I wonder why I can't change this logo... :huh:

Strange ive done about 8 times now! Always replaces the Logos....i dont apply the vendor patch after flashing rom as obviously its chinese.... I have the chinese boot and splash screen until i use unlocker / rooting tool, i always clear caches factory reset and batter pull as well

Edited by Gary_J_Wright

Guest Gary_J_Wright

IMEI 0 is just a prettier alternative to showing someone else's IMEI. I believe Gary is right, it just sets the version.

Lol I agree on zero idea and I dont speak chinese, so a lot of stuff was second guessed at....

Guest Stuart Redfern

I upgraded to ICS then took a backup of my imei number but when I flash the one from the zip it's not zero but another number is that still ok?

Thanks

Guest Gary_J_Wright

I upgraded to ICS then took a backup of my imei number but when I flash the one from the zip it's not zero but another number is that still ok?

Thanks

Emm strange as you have done in wrong order - so i cant say if / what you have done?

this is really for if the official ics fails . should be

1) back up imei and save to pc

2) install modified imei

3) install ICS

4) Restore original imei from PC

Edited by Gary_J_Wright

Guest Gary_J_Wright

ooooppppssss never mind stuck now lol

if you did the official way you don't need to change imei so hopefully your backup is your imei

Guest Stuart Redfern

When I did restore my Imei with the app it went back to the proper one,

Having a problem restoring my mesages :-(

Guest Orphan

Just thought i would say a huge thanks very much for going to all the hard work :)

I had the Oriental version of ICS on my G300 and to be honest i wasnt that impressed with it, so i wanted to change back to my last ROM. After reading through a lot of threads i was kind of freaked out thinking i was going to be stuck with it, until i saw this thread and thought i had nothing to loose so would give it a go.

I am a total noobie when it comes to this kind of thing and it took me a while of been very careful by cutting and pasting into a document in an easier to understand way so i could go from rooting etc to getting my imei sorted in the right order. I also downloaded all the tools, rom's etc i would need and put them into seperate numbered folders on my desktop so i knew what i had to use 1st, 2nd and so on.

The reason i am saying all of this is because there is a load of information to take on board for a noob and it can be a bit much flitting all over the place trying to make sense of it in my easily befuddled brain.

If anyone else is a noob like me and scared to do it - dont be - it is easy enough once everything is in order. Believe me i managed it so can anyone esle :)

Peace

Guest FrankieADZ

do you think that and B88* rom imei will work with each other?

I ask as I only made a back up of my B888 rom IMEI and just wondering if it would work with say B885 or lower :)

Guest Dazzozo

I ask as I only made a back up of my B888 rom IMEI and just wondering if it would work with say B885 or lower :)

You can try, if it doesn't work just upgrade naturally to B888 and restore it there.

Guest FrankieADZ

You can try, if it doesn't work just upgrade naturally to B888 and restore it there.

i was only wondering in case the need to take it back ever cropped up. :)

Guest Gary_J_Wright

I backed up the imei on b895, then went to ics >b882 then ics again, always using the same imei backup from b895, so think it will but cant say 100%

Guest FrankieADZ

I backed up the imei on b895, then went to ics >b882 then ics again, always using the same imei backup from b895, so think it will but cant say 100%

ah ok, thanks for that :)

Guest Gary_J_Wright

My situation was B926 -> B885 on a B926 IMEI backup, and I got some SIM incompatible message.

I've had SIM not present mesage on other roms before I even used this method, normally a factory reset and cache wipe with battery pull solves this

Edited by Gary_J_Wright

Guest Gary_J_Wright

My situation was B926 -> B885 on a B926 IMEI backup, and I got some SIM incompatible message.

Just done a B926 IMEI back up and used it on a downgrade to B882 ( i dont have b885) and it worked fine, remember YOU must do a restart - battery pull after u restore original IMEI or it shows as zero and wont allow you to dial out

Edited by Gary_J_Wright

Guest Gary_J_Wright

When I did restore my Imei with the app it went back to the proper one,

Having a problem restoring my mesages :-(

messages ? confused you should NOT have any as this should be a fresh clean install of Rom

Guest Dazzozo

Just done a B926 IMEI back up and used it on a downgrade to B882 ( i dont have b885) and it worked fine, remember YOU must do a restart - battery pull after u restore original IMEI or it shows as zero and wont allow you to dial out

Yes, I know, I rewrote the instructions. I had killed the phone and reinstalled a ROM and it wasn't having it.

Guest Gary_J_Wright

Yes, I know, I rewrote the instructions. I had killed the phone and reinstalled a ROM and it wasn't having it.

I hope its recoverable ..... it seems as long as you have a original backup of imei, and dont do anything stupid, you can always go back to rom you were on.