[ROM][ICS] Miuiv4 2.7.4 for the Huawei Ascend G300[Last updated: 04/07]

Guest Geno.Kolar

Guest djuroue

This ROM is a bit slow only in the launcher

I noticed that... And maybe that is the only thing that bothers me ... Transition effects on switching screens are very slow !

Guest Dazzozo

Thanks for replying. So I guess the best choice for those who want all features including camera and bluetooth is the Chinese ICS or Paul's MCR ROM (when it's released)?

For a while, yes.

Guest emu123

I noticed that... And maybe that is the only thing that bothers me ... Transition effects on switching screens are very slow !

yep its nearly perfect apart from the lag

Guest rafaelkaiz

Yes, I mean. The rest is pretty fast

Guest Mtman1
Call me a numpty,but where`s the apps draw? :D

On the stock miui launcher, there is no app drawer, the apps appear on your homescreen (like an iPhone). I would advise you to put the apps in folders

Guest anything-but

That explains why i can`t find it then!

Was just loading the rom up to have a looksee and thought to myself "`eh?" Does using a different launcher throw other aspects of the rom out?

Guest maritimesbob

That explains why i can`t find it then!

Was just loading the rom up to have a looksee and thought to myself "`eh?" Does using a different launcher throw other aspects of the rom out?

No.

I just installed Go launcher ex, there are some nice miui themes on the market too which help it blend with the rom theme.

Guest Mtman1
MIUI kinda just feels like a white skin on some apps for me if I remove the launcher.

I feel the same way about this, but the status bar is lovely as well :). You can get the miui launcher off Google play if you want to have the launcher in another rom.

Guest no1john

Great work guys, loving this rom soo far.

Installed official Chinese ICS, rooted then unlocked bootloader, installed clockwork recovery and made a backup of Chinese ICS, then installed MIUI.zip from CWR.

I noticed that I didn't have google play store app so I figured I would download the latest gapps.zip for ICS from goo.im and install it via clockwork recovery (install zip,choose zip from sd card)

The version of gapps i installed is gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

It has installed ok and I now have google play ect, One problem I am having is that some apps which i had previously installed (before upgrading from gingerbread to ICS MIUI) from play are now showing as 'incompatible with my device'

One such app is 'Live London Bus Tracker' by AppEffectsUk...https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appeffectsuk.bustracker

Is anyone else having the same problem?

Have I downloaded the correct version of gapps?

Maybe some one could try to install 'live london bus tracker' and let me know if they also have the same problem.

Once again thanks for the great MIUI rom.

Guest sandrogp

I seem to be having exactly same problem as no1john. This happened after a full wipe of Dalvik and data/factory reset. I have now done a full reinstalation from scratch in the hope to fix the problem, to no avail. This is a particular bothersome because I can't access what is probably the most important app: titanium backup. I think we need help! :unsure:

And now I'll also have to check the relevant thread because I have the dictionary " everything underlined in red" problem also... haha!

Edited by sandrogp

Guest ADROW

That app installed fine for me, although I did have to restart before I could even sign in to the Play store. The laggy screen transitions can be lessened a little by changing the type. I switched to cascade which matches what I got with ICS, and it was much smoother. A bit of shame though, as I like the default transitions.

I do like the rom and prefer the look over the stock ICS upgrade, but I am a bit overwhelmed by the customisation options. I'm finding myself moving apps I can't remove to folders on a far screen to get them out of the way. Also none of the icon sets I have tried so far cover all of the apps I use, so I've had to look into creating or adding my own to an existing pack.

Guest sandrogp

In reply to Adrow: you can remove system apps using titanium backup.

Which reminds me of the other problem I have:

Because of the “incompatible with your device" problems in market and not being able to get titanium backup I cannot remove root explorer in chinese that comes with this rom to then install the english version . So how do I change the language to english?

And with no root access to system files then I can't fix the spell check problem. I'm going around in circles!

:angry:

Edited by sandrogp

Guest Diablik4c

is it possible to go to Clean ICS after installing MIUI?

And why is it not Huawei logo, while starting?

Edited by Diablik4c

Guest timfimjim

Huawei logo at start is a splash screen. In upgrading to Chinese ICS, the splash screen gets changed. There is a thread on how to change it

Guest Diablik4c

Yeah, but in this thread there was a post, that it doesn't work on ICS.

About this ROM. It's too heavy, only 120-150 RAM is clean after installing. Will try to play with something.

Guest ADROW

I'm missing some of the features from normal android and launchers like GO. It doesn't seem to allow the creation of shortcuts at all, just widgets. It's also very annoying to sideways scroll through the widgets instead of vertically, it takes forever.

With GO launcher I could set a swipe action to direct dial or message my partner. So far in MIUI I have been able to create a separate direct dial shortcut, but not a direct SMS or direct IM shortcut. Anyone know if this is possible, or if you need an app for it? Seems like a pretty glaring omission.

edit: ok, found shortcut options, but they are very limited. When on the add widget screen, press menu and choose 'add' which will give you the shortcuts option. Still only direct dial for contacts though.

Edited by ADROW