[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest jventura

New build. Some major progress on our device this time. I finally got rid of nasty cm9 related hacks that we still had (prebuilt gralloc and libQcomUI). Gralloc and hwcomposer are now compiled from cm10 source.

Hi Konsta,

are there still any reverts to be made to cm10 source code (like those Qcom things by SteveK), or can it be compiled as is?

Thanks,

João Ventura

Edited by jventura

Guest KonstaT

Hi Konsta,

are there still any reverts to be made to cm10 source code (like those Qcom things by SteveK), or can it be compiled as is?

Thanks,

João Ventura

No, no reverts needed at the moment.

What I said earlier about dalvik was also a false alarm. :P Would be good to extend that commit to ARMv6 though.

Guest jventura

No, no reverts needed at the moment.

What I said earlier about dalvik was also a false alarm. :P Would be good to extend that commit to ARMv6 though.

Thanks, I will compile cm10 from your sources.. :)

Btw, do you know if anybody talked to TomG to see if we can get the Blade sources to cm10 gerrit?

Guest KonstaT

Thanks, I will compile cm10 from your sources.. :)

Btw, do you know if anybody talked to TomG to see if we can get the Blade sources to cm10 gerrit?

Don't know. It's totally up to Tom G if he wants to push his sources to the gerrit. There's zero chance of us getting an official CM10 build for Blade so I'm not sure if there would be any point in doing that. We didn't know that (no official builds) at the time with CM9.

I think I'm doing quite well here but Tom G's knowledge would be of course a massive help. I just started messing with our kernel and porting stuff from code aurora. Honestly I'm pretty clueless what would be really useful for our device. :P

@KonstaT

You should include OTA updater in your cm9/cm10 roms for easy updates

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1803562

No, I really shouldn't do anything. And including any OTA tool is not going to happen.

It might sound cold, but I'm not doing builds for you guys. I'm doing builds for myself and I'm just nice enough to share them here. ;)

Does anybody know what the status is on USB-tethering? Is it a non fixable hardware issue for the Blade (like OMX drivers) or is it a CM10 issue? Seems like a lot of CM10 roms lack USB-tethering support.

I tried to research this myself but it turns out I'm way to much of a noob to understand this stuff, any information is helpfull.

USB-tethering is the only thing stopping me from testing this ROM but maybe I should not get my hopes up at all?

Edited by ZeBBe

Guest TehStalker

Does anybody know what the status is on USB-tethering? Is it a non fixable hardware issue for the Blade (like OMX drivers) or is it a CM10 issue? Seems like a lot of CM10 roms lack USB-tethering support.

I tried to research this myself but it turns out I'm way to much of a noob to understand this stuff, any information is helpfull.

USB-tethering is the only thing stopping me from testing this ROM but maybe I should not get my hopes up at all?

There are apps on market that you can use instead of the built in function. For instance: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.tether

Finally deciding to shift from cm9 to cm10

and ditching s2e ...i guess link2sd is better than s2e...

s2e slows down the phone too much

atleast link2sd has the option for individual apps

Guest TehStalker

01/09 isnt as smooth as 27/08 !!

Same here. If you tick the developer option "Show GPU view updates" you will notice that things like the launcher are not drawn with the GPU at all anymore.

Guest android@sam

Same here. If you tick the developer option "Show GPU view updates" you will notice that things like the launcher are not drawn with the GPU at all anymore.

For that you should tick the two options:

Disable HW overlays and force gpu rendering .

Guest TehStalker

For that you should tick the two options:

Disable HW overlays and force gpu rendering .

Doesn't make a difference, and HW overlays doesn't stay ticked after a reboot.

Guest Snap.IT

Doesn't make a difference, and HW overlays doesn't stay ticked after a reboot.

I noticed that too. I don't have the problems you're having though, it's smooth as butter (pun intended). :D

This is my config:

1. smartassv2 governor with 122 - 604

2. SIO sheduler

3. Zram disabled

4. KSM enabled

5. High end graphics effects enabled

6. Fix color banding and blur effect

7. Force GPU rendering

I'm running this on a GEN3 phone with CM9-KonstaKANG-GEN3 installed to fix radio.

Guest TehStalker

I noticed that too. I don't have the problems you're having though, it's smooth as butter (pun intended). :D

This is my config:

1. smartassv2 governor with 122 - 604

2. SIO sheduler

3. Zram disabled

4. KSM enabled

5. High end graphics effects enabled

6. Fix color banding and blur effect

7. Force GPU rendering

I'm running this on a GEN3 phone with CM9-KonstaKANG-GEN3 installed to fix radio.

I have the exact same settings except I run at 748 mhz. Most apps feels like they are running at 15 fps, with a lot of micro-stuttering. One a more positive note, the flickering is gone I think (hard to notice with the lag). Especially the stock browser has become a lot slower, it takes much longer time for it to re render after zooming for instance.

Guest Snap.IT

I have the exact same settings except I run at 748 mhz. Most apps feels like they are running at 15 fps, with a lot of micro-stuttering. One a more positive note, the flickering is gone I think (hard to notice with the lag). Especially the stock browser has become a lot slower, it takes much longer time for it to re render after zooming for instance.

Have you tried not overclocking, at 748 i get a ton of errors and the whole phone feels like it's about to hang at all times.

There must be something else that's different, i'm not having any of the problems you're having, i'm currently reinstalling it into my NAND instead of running it from a loop file but if anything it should be faster.

Guest TehStalker

Have you tried not overclocking, at 748 i get a ton of errors and the whole phone feels like it's about to hang at all times.

There must be something else that's different, i'm not having any of the problems you're having, i'm currently reinstalling it into my NAND instead of running it from a loop file but if anything it should be faster.

748 mhz is completely stable for me, it has never crashed or anything. Either way, problems persist at stock speeds. Currently wiping everything and re installing again.

Guest Snap.IT

One problem i'm having though, i cannot connect via adb, it just shows no devices.

It works when i connect via network and yeah, i've checked the settings and they're fine.

Guest TehStalker

748 mhz is completely stable for me, it has never crashed or anything. Either way, problems persist at stock speeds. Currently wiping everything and re installing again.

And now it's smooth again. I have no idea why, it is as far as I can tell completely random. Well, this is alpha...

One problem i'm having though, i cannot connect via adb, it just shows no devices.

It works when i connect via network and yeah, i've checked the settings and they're fine.

Change root access to apps and ADB. Do "adb devices" a few times, while toggling ADB on and off. It is kind of random.

Guest Snap.IT

And now it's smooth again. I have no idea why, it is as far as I can tell completely random. Well, this is alpha...

Change root access to apps and ADB. Do "adb devices" a few times, while toggling ADB on and off. It is kind of random.

Yeah, i've changed that setting already but if i need it i'll just use adb over network instead of USB-debug for adb access, just thought i should say something about it not working.

Ummm, i forgot to install the cm-9-KonstaKANG-GEN3 and the radio works anyway... never seen this "bug" before. :D

Guest thecrazyguy

Is it not possible to activate the CRT effect when blocking the phone?

Is there a way to fix the radio?

Edited by thecrazyguy