[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Nummer5

...there is a problem when using more than 5 brightness levels,...

I think that problem still exists. All level above 5 will be ignored.

But its a CM problem - isn´t it?

SD-EXT info not found in Partition Info and S2E

I tried to create new ext in minitool wizard and CWM

But still fail to detect ext. Fat is fine.

Any one help?

Guest KonstaT

SD-EXT info not found in Partition Info and S2E

I tried to create new ext in minitool wizard and CWM

But still fail to detect ext. Fat is fine.

I can mount sd-ext on CWM but cannot detect after CM10 boot

Sd-ext need to mounted to one of the specified locations for the partition info to pick it up (you'll need an 'active' a2sd). Try formatting your sd-ext using CWM 5.5.0.4 or newer (mounts and storage -> format sd-ext). Install S2E from market, check 'mount as EXT4' under settings and reboot. It should give you an option to move stuff to sd-ext on the next time you start S2E.

Guest KonstaT

@KonstaT can i ask you something via pm? (related to doAudioRouteOrMute())

Lol, I wish everyone asked permission before sending silly questions via pm. :D

Sure you can ask, don't know if I can give you an answer. ;)

Guest ablackswan

yes but what is the point to get the 4.2 on our blade?

And the nexus products will be very affordable. Nexus 4 (8Go) = 300€, 16 Go = 349€, nexus 7 (32Go) = 249€

Guest The Guvnor

Ok guys. Have a weird issue. Its with Facebook. Its kindda not displaying properly. The text is bigger, and its all kind of messy, like when a website dont load properly, thats the only way I can discribe it.

I have uninstalled....reinstalled, cleared cache etc. Still same.

Its not a huge issue. But thought Id see if anyone else has this.

Guest sej7278

yes but what is the point to get the 4.2 on our blade?

And the nexus products will be very affordable. Nexus 4 (8Go) = 300€, 16 Go = 349€, nexus 7 (32Go) = 249€

4.2 isn't going to offer much as we're not even using the 4.1.2 camera let alone this new sphere one. keyboard shouldn't be too much work to port (may even just be an apk). nfc and wireless display we don't have. now/voice search don't work well as it is. we've already got expandable notifications and user profiles, which pretty much only leaves the gallery screensaver thing!

blade, blade2, skate, defy+, g300 are 95-150e, which makes 250-350e look less affordable........

Guest jpdoliveira

No way! Those apps are NOT the same as the opensource app is and can be modified by the cyanogenmod team giving it some extra options. And by the way I've seen a comment earlier stating that the Google Play Calendar doesn't have a widget - though I can't confirm this myself at this moment, if this is true then it's a BIG disadvantage.

Late edit: I stand corrected, the Calendar in Play Store DOES have a widget.

Yep. I'm also using the one form play store. Kinda more beautifull with all the colors of my calendar.

There is one possible tweak that could be included on this rom:

According to RFC2131, section 2.2, dhcpcd, once it gets an dhpc lease, it sends ARP requests to see if that IP is free. This takes from 5 to 10 seconds.

Real example, imagine that you connect to your router, it gives you 192.168.1.200. Your phone will check if 192.168.1.200 is actually free. Well, if your router gave you that IP, it's because it's available so we are wasting time here.

On CM7, adding "noarp" to the end of /etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd.conf reduces A LOT the time that is needed to connect to a wireless network.

With CM10, it's something similar. dhcpcd.conf doesn't exist. Create this file: /system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd.conf and write "noarp" on it, without quotes. Save and reboot. Now connect to a wireless network. It should be way more faster! Give it a try. (you can use root explorer to do this)

On the developers side... if we pass the --noarp flag to dhcpcd, there is no need for a dhcpcd.conf.

Edited by TigTex

Guest Ricardo Mota

There is one possible tweak that could be included on this rom:

According to RFC2131, section 2.2, dhcpcd, once it gets an dhpc lease, it sends ARP requests to see if that IP is free. This takes from 5 to 10 seconds.

Real example, imagine that you connect to your router, it gives you 192.168.1.200. Your phone will check if 192.168.1.200 is actually free. Well, if your router gave you that IP, it's because it's available so we are wasting time here.

On CM7, adding "noarp" to the end of /etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd.conf reduces A LOT the time that is needed to connect to a wireless network.

With CM10, it's something similar. dhcpcd.conf doesn't exist. Create this file: /system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd.conf and write "noarp" on it, without quotes. Save and reboot. Now connect to a wireless network. It should be way more faster! Give it a try. (you can use root explorer to do this)

On the developers side... if we pass the --noarp flag to dhcpcd, there is no need for a dhcpcd.conf.

That ARP request is there for some reason... The fact that the router has assigned it is not a sure thing that it is free! It can be statically configured somewhere else and the router might have nto made that check... So, please keep it there...

Guest jonmac73

New build.

cm-10-20121028-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...kfrd5n5sr6dvag8

md5:d312ba69de8e20498a630bef067f24a4

-fixed possible connection drop

-zRAM tweaks

-Add option to hide AlarmClock Icon in StatusBar (1)

-Trebuchet : Add a pref to set hotseat icon's number (1)

-restore soundrecorder interface (1)

Any feedback from anyone on latest patch ?

Guest sej7278

how about mms sending/receiving ability?

you'd need one of the 3 people in the world who still use MMS to test that, but they're probably too busy asking the devs to fix FM radio :ph34r:

Edited by sej7278

Guest probals

you'd need one of the 3 people in the world who still use MMS to test that, but they're probably too busy asking the devs to fix FM radio :ph34r:

Lol. Good one.

Problemes with G2/3, WLAN and GPS ((re-)connection, (de-)activation) are gone - for me ;)

Yup. The problems seem gone for me too. Thanks KonstaT.