[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest DoubleM101

Bug: sometimes when I power on the phone it freezes before the SIM asking screen and only shows the black bar with the battery indicator and the background picture. If I press the power/lock screen button a messed up little something shows up under the black bar. If I press it long the power off/reset screen shows up correctly and works (only reset seems to fix this problem).

I have the same problem. I have to restart the phone 4 or 5 times until i can get it working. I use the unlock pattern too

But what bothers me more is the wireless. If i am next to the router, everything works more or less ok, but a little farther, the signal drops a lot and it´s a lot inconsistent. It connects, disconnects, connects, disconnects.. Sometimes also happens it shows signal, is connected, i have internet and the signal bars are grey instead of blue.

Problem isn´t with my router because if i turn on Wi-Fi on places where are other networks and search for them, the finding is a lot inconsistent too. Without moving the phone, it finds some networks, then they disappear, then return and so on..

I really don´t remember whats the previous rom i used to have, but since i installed the 24.11 and 27.12 these things starts to happen :(

Edited by DoubleM101

Guest Mettafox

And if you compile it with Linaro it will blow your mind. ;)

Seems to be the placebo of the month... These come and go every now and then.

Perhaps for Blade, but, if you search, you'll find good feedback about this patch.

But, as always, you will find bad feedback and information about placebo effect.

You, better than any other normal user, know that the same device do not works the same way, and not all have the same results or problems.

I have tried the patch and show some improvements namely with the facebook app and the Play Store.

I will try the new version to see what happens.

Some users with Blade using AOKP Remix, say the Linaro give really good performance, I really don't see any (maybe because the rom uses an old version), but, it's me, not mean that others do not see improvements.

Edited by Mettafox

Guest mobile579

I have the same problem. I have to restart the phone 4 or 5 times until i can get it working. I use the unlock pattern too

I have the similar problem - the whole screen is squished into the area where soft buttons would be.

Unlock pattern, sim lock and soft buttons at bottom of screen.

Edited by mobile579

Guest dom1312

I have the similar problem - the whole screen is squished into the area where soft buttons would be.

Unlock pattern, sim lock and soft buttons at bottom of screen.

I too have the same problem esp. when addin a widget to home screen. i just press back and try again and then it works fine. Also does any1 seem to have charging issue. 27-12 version seems to take a longer time to charge and discharges quickly. It didnt happen on prev version 24-11. I did a complete wipe and fresh install [twice]. Changed charger too.

Guest _Nuno_

27-12 version seems to take a longer time to charge and discharges quickly. It didnt happen on prev version 24-11. I did a complete wipe and fresh install [twice]. Changed charger too.

I noticed the same. It seems that 27-12 always thinks a USB port and not a wall charger is being used to charge the device (Settings->About->Status). Not a big problem, though...

I does seem to have another quirk: the notification LED is often wrong. It stays red or green after disconnecting from the charger; lights red instead of green for missed calls, doesn't blink or turn on on incoming emails, etc...

Guest elrond_bs

@Mettafox : There is a way to verify if the app only keeps the CPU at max and it's not helpful at all. Without the patch, change you CPU governor to Performance and if you get the same improvements, the patch is clearly useless.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest khizhny

You should run fix the permissions through clockworkmod.

I've tried, but It didnt helped. I've made a bootup logcat on MIUI ROM (where rVOIX is working).

By the way this MIUI ROM is based on CyanogenMod-10-20120915-KonstaKANG-blade.

This is how it should look like:

Line 731: W/PackageManager( 408): Not granting permission android.permission.MODIFY_PHONE_STATE to package com.voix (protectionLevel=18 flags=0x8444)

Line 1205: W/PackageManager( 408): Not granting permission android.permission.MODIFY_PHONE_STATE to package com.voix (protectionLevel=18 flags=0x8444)

Line 3301: I/ActivityManager( 408): Start proc com.voix for broadcast com.voix/.BootRec: pid=981 uid=10070 gids={1015, 1028}

Line 3301: I/ActivityManager( 408): Start proc com.voix for broadcast com.voix/.BootRec: pid=981 uid=10070 gids={1015, 1028}

Line 3363: D/	 ( 999): 10070 com.voix executing 0 /system/bin/sh

Line 3369: I/ActivityManager( 408): Start proc com.voix:remote for service com.voix/.RVoixSrv: pid=1020 uid=10070 gids={1015, 1028}

Line 3369: I/ActivityManager( 408): Start proc com.voix:remote for service com.voix/.RVoixSrv: pid=1020 uid=10070 gids={1015, 1028}

Line 3379: D/dalvikvm( 1020): Trying to load lib /data/data/com.voix/lib/liblame.so 0x41244690

Line 3381: D/dalvikvm( 1020): Added shared lib /data/data/com.voix/lib/liblame.so 0x41244690

Line 3383: D/dalvikvm( 1020): No JNI_onload found in /data/data/com.voix/lib/liblame.so 0x41244690, skipping init

Line 3385: D/dalvikvm( 1020): Trying to load lib /data/data/com.voix/lib/libvoix.so 0x41244690

Line 3385: D/dalvikvm( 1020): Trying to load lib /data/data/com.voix/lib/libvoix.so 0x41244690

Line 3387: D/dalvikvm( 1020): Added shared lib /data/data/com.voix/lib/libvoix.so 0x41244690

Line 3387: D/dalvikvm( 1020): Added shared lib /data/data/com.voix/lib/libvoix.so 0x41244690

Line 3389: I/com.voix( 1020): JNI_onload

Line 3391: D/com.voix( 1020): RVoixSrv: onCreate(): entry

Line 3391: D/com.voix( 1020): RVoixSrv: onCreate(): entry

Line 3393: D/com.voix( 1020): RVoixSrv: onCreate(): exit

Line 3393: D/com.voix( 1020): RVoixSrv: onCreate(): exit

Line 3395: D/com.voix( 1020): RVoixSrv: onstart(): entry

Line 3395: D/com.voix( 1020): RVoixSrv: onstart(): entry

Line 3397: E/NotificationService( 408): Ignoring notification with icon==0: Notification(pri=0 contentView=com.voix/0x1090071 vibrate=null sound=null defaults=0x0 flags=0x62 kind=[null])

Line 3399: D/com.voix( 1020): RVoixSrv: onstart(): exit

Line 3399: D/com.voix( 1020): RVoixSrv: onstart(): exit

Line 4103: W/PackageManager( 408): Not granting permission android.permission.MODIFY_PHONE_STATE to package com.voix (protectionLevel=18 flags=0x8444)

Line 4500: I/ActivityManager( 408): No longer want com.voix (pid 981): hidden #16

miui_logcat.txt

Guest anantk

I noticed the same. It seems that 27-12 always thinks a USB port and not a wall charger is being used to charge the device (Settings->About->Status). Not a big problem, though...

Yes. Even I noticed this. Charging takes longer time in 27-12 and Settings-->Battery Status shows "USB Charging", even though charging is done through Wall Charger.

I does seem to have another quirk: the notification LED is often wrong. It stays red or green after disconnecting from the charger; lights red instead of green for missed calls, doesn't blink or turn on on incoming emails, etc...

Not for me. It says 'Charging (AC)' for me. I can post a screenshot if you want.. Also, my LEDs are perfect.

And, Idk if you guys noticed these two things but

1.) When I am using WiFi, my battery seems to last longer?! Is this possible?

2.) When I am using my Blade's internet through BT Tethering on my iPod Touch 4G, its faster on the iPod. O_o I mean the speed. 2G seems like 3G. I dont care as long as it works. :D I love you KonstaT and everyone else involved.

Guest KonstaT

Yes. Even I noticed this. Charging takes longer time in 27-12 and Settings-->Battery Status shows "USB Charging", even though charging is done through Wall Charger.

Thanks, it got borked with the usb driver update. Already fixed it...

Guest khizhny

Thanks to KonstaT! Latest ROM is very good.

The only problem I faced with is that I use rVOIX program from play market to write incoming calls.

Program itelf working perfectly but after reboot it just can't autostart its service SVoix. I have to start it manually from RVoix. Previosly I used MIUI 4.1.2 Rom (based on CyanogenMOD) and SVoix started on boot without any problem. Normally RVoix process has one service (SVoix) to do its job.

Right after boot I see RVoix in running processes but after a while this process is killed and service is not started. I suspect that process RVoix boots up to early and just cant get needed superuser permissions. Sometimes after reboot I get a popup message that RVoix can't get superuser permissions. The same problem I had with Tasker application from play market. Program works fine if started from menu, but after reboot runs and then die after a while.

All that I can say from logcat that Voix is trying to start, but after a while it is killed. Maybe someone khow how to fix it?

I recently spotted that after reboot rVOIX starts, after ~20 sec it dies and after another ~30 seconds I got popup message from Superuser application that "rVOIX was granted SU permitions". But rVOIX is already dead. So I think that the problem is in Superuser. I have tried Panaroid ROM. There is no such problem. Probably bacause of using SuperSU instead Superuser. MIUI by the way also don't use Superuser.

Guest пенис

Thanks, it got borked with the usb driver update. Already fixed it...

Does this also cause that ac-charging does not start correctly but needs

rebooting before starts to charge. This feature appeared after upgrade to 27/12.

Edited by пенис

Guest mobile579

rebooting before starts to charge. This feature appeared after upgrade to 27/12.

I am having trouble charging. It charges for 2 secs then stops. If I reboot and not touch phone it will charge. Once use phone it will not charge apart from a 2 sec burst. Anyone have any ideas it did not happen on previous release.

Guest encore.neil

I need help !!

I have installed the above rom in my dell xcd35 aka zte blade.[Gen 2 512 RAM Stock Partition]

phone stats:

system - 141/220

data - 131/162

cache - 1.2/37.5

so i have around 31mb available :(

I want to increase my storage and partitioning my 16gb SD card

I dont know exactly how to do it but i have heard of it.I guess its A2SD

now

someone please tell me the method to do it and also throw some light on file system ext 2 3 4

another issue

A friend of mine just told me that i am waste storage space by keeping the stock partition.

How do i resolve this ??

Thanks in advance :) :) :)

Guest MoneyRuinsTheFun

Why I have this problem in all CM9+... some youtube videos have green arrow and red and blue spots, same goes for most mp4 and 3gp videos from the internet i tried to play?

Thanks for the ROM :)

Guest KonstaT

I am having trouble charging. It charges for 2 secs then stops. If I reboot and not touch phone it will charge. Once use phone it will not charge apart from a 2 sec burst. Anyone have any ideas it did not happen on previous release.

Please test and report back.

Guest elrond_bs

I need help !!

I want to increase my storage and partitioning my 16gb SD card

I dont know exactly how to do it but i have heard of it.I guess its A2SD

now

someone please tell me the method to do it and also throw some light on file system ext 2 3 4

another issue

A friend of mine just told me that i am waste storage space by keeping the stock partition.

How do i resolve this ??

I'll be glad to give you some advice, if you have at least tried to search for all of the above. These things are discussed in so many places, at least Google search could give you some answers. Not to mention the sticky threads in beginning of this forum - exactly for what you are asking.

Why I have this problem in all CM9+... some youtube videos have green arrow and red and blue spots, same goes for most mp4 and 3gp videos from the internet i tried to play?

Read this post. It's the same for CM9/10/10.1.

The changes included in the latest CM10.1 build have also been applied to the CM10 repos. They appear to work fine. boostpulse works and the camera preview seems to work a little bit better (faster) too. I don't know why KonstaT did not upload a new build yet, if anyone is interested I can upload mine.

Guest WiiSky70

Well i found some issues related to Media Reproduction Malfunctions on some 3rd Party Apps.

When i want to listen to Audiobooks , Smart Audio Book Player gives me an error with the media on all media files when i try to play them.

Can you help me with this KonstAT ? Or you will release a new build on this month that can fix this media errors on 3rd party apps?

Edited by WiiSky70