[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Thanks. I think the phone is already rooted as it has a Modaco ROM on it, with SU preinstalled.

What will the TPT Helper do? Create a file on the SD card to boot from to format the phone in the right sizes? Have I got that right? WIll that get rid of CWM?

If CWM remains then after formatting it's just a matter of installing this ROM through CWM?

Sorry about all the questions. :)

I'd recommend a 160MB system TPT partition for this rom, with the Google apps (gapps) package from the first post. It fits perfectly. The larger system partition you have, the less space in the data partition you end up with, meaning you won't be able to install as many apps.

Guest elrond_bs

H\W+ will never work on our device.

Why others doesnt play I dont know. May be KonstaT uses old proprietaries... You can compare libs with my from here: https://github.com/a...proprietary/lib

PCM audio dont supported by our extractor. You can enable software audio in MX Player for it.

I managed to fix the playing issues in MX Player (not in VLC, but I assume it's because it's beta)! Now it plays with S\W decoder for audio as you said - 10x. :) I never imagined that such basic standard as PCM, could be a problem for any device. :blink: Still, videos with B-frames are not played correctly (as you also warned me), so the benefit of H\W decoding is mostly for streaming or personally converted files. Nevertheless, great work! :)

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest WiiSky70

This is now the final CM10 release - for real this time. ;)

cm-10-20130108-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...428z9l44e6rf66i

md5:9a696d776d0dae0ea0d9800b60e55bf3

-fixed charger mode detection

-fake vsync events

-set correct permissions for boostpulse (now it actually works :P)

-enabled divx and wma hw decoding (again)

-switched back to jellybean camera (again) & fixed preview glitches

-Allow purging of asset bitmaps (1)

Can you do a self-build package with a image.bin that does all the partitions and installation of the Recovery ?

It would be helpful since im running an 2.2 Stock ROM . Since this is the Final Release you could do that like the CM9 Version

Edited by WiiSky70

Guest andr0idbeliev3r

Hey, KonstaT i noticed that in cm7/9 FLAC (audio) is supported but in CM10 it isn't, is it CM Bug or our device doesn't have support??

Guest KonstaT

May i suggest, KonstaT, since all users have different needs, to provide two versions of the ROM, one with the hardware decoding and one without. That way everyone can select whichever works best for them.

No need to do that. Now that user related issues are resolved, everything seems to work for everyone. Also the reason why reverted it once before is now sorted.

Can you do a self-build package with a image.bin that does all the partitions and installation of the Recovery ?

It would be helpful since im running an 2.2 Stock ROM . Since this is the Final Release you could do that like the CM9 Version

No, because I don't have device that can flash image.bin style TPTs. I think it's one of the default layouts in TPT helper, so there's no need for me to make one.

Hey, KonstaT i noticed that in cm7/9 FLAC (audio) is supported but in CM10 it isn't, is it CM Bug or our device doesn't have support??

Android has native flac support since honeycomb. It works fine in CM10.1 and I have no reason to believe it doesn't work here (can't be bothered to test).

I'd recommend a 160MB system TPT partition for this rom, with the Google apps (gapps) package from the first post. It fits perfectly. The larger system partition you have, the less space in the data partition you end up with, meaning you won't be able to install as many apps.

Thanks for this. Is there any way to return to the Gen1 layout with TPT Helper? Would there ever be any reason to do so? Does the Gen1 layout have any advantages at all?

Thanks for this. Is there any way to return to the Gen1 layout with TPT Helper? Would there ever be any reason to do so? Does the Gen1 layout have any advantages at all?

Think of it basically as different size partitions on one disk. System + cache + data = whole disk. Different roms / versions of android require different size system partition in order to fit all the files.

Don't worry about the gen1, gen2 etc. All you need to know is that if your phone is gen1 you always have to use 'gen1 to gen2' TPT files. Regardless of what your current partition layout is - many people don't get this and think that after using gen1 to gen2 they think they need to use gen2 TPT files, when instead it is always gen1 to gen2

You want to choose a TPT size that gives you the most data space while ensuring it has enough system space. For this rom Konstat recommended 160MB system. Which, with a 2MB cache, leaves something like 294MB data.

Once you go to CM9, 10 or 10.1 you won't want to go back so don't worry about that ( it is easy though)

Edited by 99x

Think of it basically as different size partitions on one disk. System + cache + data = whole disk. Different roms / versions of android require different size system partition in order to fit all the files.

Don't worry about the gen1, gen2 etc. All you need to know is that if your phone is gen1 you always have to use 'gen1 to gen2' TPT files. Regardless of what your current partition layout is - many people don't get this and think that after using gen1 to gen2 they think they need to use gen2 TPT files, when instead it is always gen1 to gen2

You want to choose a TPT size that gives you the most data space while ensuring it has enough system space. For this rom Konstat recommended 160MB system. Which, with a 2MB cache, leaves something like 294MB data.

Once you go to CM9, 10 or 10.1 you won't want to go back so don't worry about that ( it is easy though)

Thanks again, that's quite clear :) But what confuses me are threads like this one, which seems to indicate a complete change occurs, and that only Gen 2 ROMs can be used after the conversion. Or is that thread now obsolete?

And I am right to assume my AMOLED UK SF is Gen 1, right?

Guest TehStalker

Thanks again, that's quite clear :) But what confuses me are threads like this one, which seems to indicate a complete change occurs, and that only Gen 2 ROMs can be used after the conversion. Or is that thread now obsolete?

And I am right to assume my AMOLED UK SF is Gen 1, right?

It is all kind if of a mess really. In any case, you phone is GEN 1 (You can check with https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amphoras.bladechecker) and therefore you simply need to run a GEN 1 -> GEN 2 TPT to get everything sorted.

Guest andr0idbeliev3r

hey KonstaT im trying to compile cm10 on another device with the same cpu of the skate (msm7227 turbo or something like that) and physicall keyboard, what did you change in the kernel source for it to work on jelly bean/ics/4.2?

It is all kind if of a mess really. In any case, you phone is GEN 1 (You can check with https://play.google....as.bladechecker) and therefore you simply need to run a GEN 1 -> GEN 2 TPT to get everything sorted.

Just out of interest, what is the standard (stock) system partition size? And by a "GEN 1 -> GEN 2 TPT" you mean something like TPT Helper provides?

Guest mrz_hun

I'm using the Dec 27th version:

I have set my wi-fi sleep policy to turn : Never turn off when plugged in (I also tried : Turn off when screen is off with 5 minute delay).

Nevertheless according to the battery usage graph my wi-fi stays on for long periods of time.

Anyone else notice this?

The battery usage is not too bad by the way, it's only the fact that the graph says my wi-fi is on for hours is what is interesting.

Guest TehStalker

Just out of interest, what is the standard (stock) system partition size? And by a "GEN 1 -> GEN 2 TPT" you mean something like TPT Helper provides?

Yes,I am referring to TPT Helper. Stock is different on different Blade gens. For instance, GEN 3 (which can't run a TPT to something better :( ) has a massive 60 mb wasted cache partition, a huge 200 mb system, and a tiny 160 mb data...

Guest crazzy_boy

Is it only with me that play store opens and closes instantly with last release?

Also, doesn't show the name of the contacts in the messages app, only their numbers :(

Edited by crazzy_boy

Guest Gryphonic

I'd just like to say thanks a lot, KonstaT. You've prolonged the life of the Blade far longer than I could have hoped for. Mines going into retirement now, but I really appreciate your efforts!

once again thanks konstat for another update

i updated to 8.1 without full wipe from the 27.12 rom and was working fine, then i decided to wipe my sd card because it was full of leftover data but after this the ext partition stopped being recognised so since i was fully backed up with titanium i repartitioned the card in cwm (6.0.2.7) again and full wipe and reinstalled the 8.1 but now it still won't recognise the ext partition, in partition info it just says unavailable and it's greyed out in s2e

so whats wrong?

i've also tried using minitool partition to get 4ext but that doesn't work either

has anyone got any suggestions

i've seen on other forums that people have to activate a2sd in the terminal with

su

a2sd install

y

n

y

but i assume it's something different for s2e

if anyone can help it would be really appreciated

Guest dom1312

i updated to 8.1 without full wipe from the 27.12 rom and was working fine, then i decided to wipe my sd card because it was full of leftover data but after this the ext partition stopped being recognised so since i was fully backed up with titanium i repartitioned the card in cwm (6.0.2.7) again and full wipe and reinstalled the 8.1 but now it still won't recognise the ext partition, in partition info it just says unavailable and it's greyed out in s2e

so whats wrong?

i've also tried using minitool partition to get 4ext but that doesn't work either

i've seen on other forums that people have to activate a2sd in the terminal with

su

a2sd install

y

n

y

i dont know if thr is any advantages of s2e over link2sd.

But I too had problems with s2e. So i started using link2sd and its been working without any problems.

Guest пенис

so whats wrong?

su

a2sd install

y

n

y

Did this some time ago when changed my 16GB to 32GB before upgrading to 4.2.1.

Backed up with TB.

Partitioned SD-card with minitool partition wizard to Fat32/ext4/swap.

Flashed S2E 8.1 in CWM.

Restored with TB.

Everything went fine. :)