[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

There's already a center clock option available in settings. I added statusbar transparency for my CM9 build, but I won't be adding it to this one. It looks ok on the home screen but it looks just plain awful with 90% of the apps (and also might cause some battery drain).

how about 'transparent notification area'? I really liked that in your CM9 kang.

Guest sej7278

from this last change I have the same result when trying to compile

Checking build tools versions...

external/v8/Android.mk:22: WARNING: Building on ARM with non-ARMv7 variant. On ARM, V8 is well tested only on ARMv7.

build/core/static_library.mk:18: *** frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/codecs/aacdec: Can not set module stem for a library.  Alto.

i'm getting that today, and i'm not even applying konstat's patch as it seems tilal's patch got merged http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/21321/

Guest XMasterNinni

I synced PA Jelly Bean sources today at the morning and it compiled well. PA uses frameworks/av from CM so there shouldn't be a different. I still applied the fraunhofer patch...

For, me the Legacy EGL patch doesn't work anymore..

Guest sej7278

I synced PA Jelly Bean sources today at the morning and it compiled well. PA uses frameworks/av from CM so there shouldn't be a different. I still applied the fraunhofer patch...

well we've had 3 av patches merged since then, the first is huge, another makes the fraunhofer patch pointless, the last is supposed to fix the build (but doesn't) methinks steve has been ignoring armv6 again....

Edited by sej7278

Guest XMasterNinni

well we've had 3 av patches merged since then, the first is huge, another makes the fraunhofer patch pointless, the last is supposed to fix the build (but doesn't) methinks steve has been ignoring armv6 again....

Ah ok. Well, the thing is, I don't get an av error..

Hi!

I tried to compile the ROM, but it says that system is too big ( > ~220MB), how does it work for you? do you remove some apks or what?

regarding the egl patch:

as written in http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/18900/ , there are other projects that need modifications, for example Camera

in the camera code, there is the original GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES value hardcoded 2 times

i am not really sure, but can this cause the camera bug?

grep -r -i 8D65 * (in camera):

jni/feature_mos/src/mosaic_renderer/SurfaceTextureRenderer.cpp:const int GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES_ENUM = 0x8D65;

jni/mosaic_renderer_jni.cpp:const int GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES_ENUM = 0x8D65;

Guest ddudas

KonstaT, can you mod status bar just like Mokee rom for zte blade has? because Mokee OS status bar is soo cool, images below.

If you want a MIUI Rom, then search for a MIUI Rom, this is not the proper thread.

Edited by ddudas

Guest solidslash

KonstaT, can you mod status bar just like Mokee rom for zte blade has? because Mokee OS status bar is soo cool, images below.

Hell no, keep it as close to stock JB as possible.

Guest sej7278

Ah ok. Well, the thing is, I don't get an av error..

just noticed the 0001-don-t-build-fraunhofer-aac-for-blade.patch doesn't even apply anymore, so if you're still using it your sources must be pretty old.

adding a bit of debugging to the makefile, it looks like it errors if the string libstagefright_soft_mpeg4declibstagefright_soft_mpeg4dec.so doesn't equal null. i can only find a reference to soft_mpeg4dec in frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/codecs/m4v_h263/

edit: tilal's armv6 fraunhofer patch is the culprit oddly enough (or more likely it enables another part of the build that's broken).

edit2: hang on, is there a cm10 coldfusionx for the blade now? https://github.com/C...evice_zte_blade

Edited by sej7278

Guest KonstaT

how about 'transparent notification area'? I really liked that in your CM9 kang.

I'm not so sure it would look good with the new jelly bean style notification area.

Can u add center lock screen clock in the next build please?

Like in it CM9 build?

Maybe, still bigger issues to deal with. ;)

i'm getting that today, and i'm not even applying konstat's patch as it seems tilal's patch got merged http://review.cyanog....com/#/c/21321/

It must be something in your build environment with you two. My patch and the merged patch works just fine for me. It might be that using pv/visualon as library name isn't exactly valid (it was just blank in my patch, might as well use lorem ipsum).

For, me the Legacy EGL patch doesn't work anymore..

I already removed two patches from the second post earlier yesterday when similar patches were merged. There's no need for them anymore.

Did you check if you have the patch already applied?

Hi!

I tried to compile the ROM, but it says that system is too big ( > ~220MB), how does it work for you? do you remove some apks or what?

regarding the egl patch:

as written in http://review.cyanog....com/#/c/18900/ , there are other projects that need modifications, for example Camera

in the camera code, there is the original GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES value hardcoded 2 times

i am not really sure, but can this cause the camera bug?

grep -r -i 8D65 * (in camera):

jni/feature_mos/src/mosaic_renderer/SurfaceTextureRenderer.cpp:const int GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES_ENUM = 0x8D65;

jni/mosaic_renderer_jni.cpp:const int GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES_ENUM = 0x8D65;

Really? That would mean that clean CM10 build (even without gapps) wouldn't fit stock partition layout. It's overflowing the system but you can 'cheat' by increasing system partition size in this line (and remove stuff afterwards). This patch got merged yesterday and it increased system size on my trimmed build with ~15mb (it's probably ~25mb in full build). I've done my trimming by removing/commenting out stuff in makefiles. It's clear that CM10 is not for devices with small internal storage...

Camera thing is probably worth looking into. Haven't had any success with ICS Camera etc yet either.

Maybe you should do some reading what CyanogenMod project is about. It certainly isn't about me doing this or that. What I'm trying to do here is maintain a device tree that can be used to compile CM10.

Guest sej7278

It must be something in your build environment with you two. My patch and the merged patch works just fine for me. It might be that using pv/visualon as library name isn't exactly valid (it was just blank in my patch, might as well use lorem ipsum).

i think its this patch to the build system that is breaking things, i guess my gcc 4.5 can't cope with it.

i seem to have completely fscked my build environment trying to fix this, now it can't even find the cm_blade manifest.

Edited by sej7278

Guest shezar

i think its this patch to the build system that is breaking things, i guess my gcc 4.5 can't cope with it.

i seem to have completely fscked my build environment trying to fix this, now it can't even find the cm_blade manifest.

Sej, you linked a commit from 2011 November. I was able to build (well, except that I ran into the system size issue) today. Make a repo sync and you should be ready to go again.

Edited by shezar

Guest sej7278

Sej, you linked a commit from 2011 November. I was able to build (well, except that I ran into the system size issue) today. Make a repo sync and you should be ready to go again.

yeah i don't know what i was linking that one for, it seemed to be where the change came in but obviously wasn't lol.

i still can't build though, when i synced i noticed there was only 310 repositories, i thought there was 311 yesterday, did one get deleted?

i've done a repo forall -c git clean -fdx && repo forall -c git reset --hard HEAD which should absolutely clean up any local changes, but i still can't get anywhere.

only thing i can think of is its my ageing fedora14 install (gcc 4.5) but it works fine for cm9.

i'm currently trying deleting directories and resyncing until it builds (in case it is a local change) so far ruled out frameworks/, build/, kernel/, device/, vendor/, hardware/, abi, prebuilt/, sdk/, system/, gdk/, ndk/ and external/, so its not a problem in konstat's repo's, really think it must be an f14 issue although cm9 is building happily....

Edited by sej7278

Guest shezar

Tilal uses an external camera app - camera dont work with those for us...

Sej, delete all the dirs and let the repo resync it for you, and if that doesnt work, then blame f14. I build using ubuntu 12.04 flawlessly.

Guest sej7278

Sej, delete all the dirs and let the repo resync it for you, and if that doesnt work, then blame f14. I build using ubuntu 12.04 flawlessly.

i just downloaded the entire cm10 source (plus konstat's repo's) again and still get the problem, so something must have broken gcc 4.5 compatibility in cm10 and not cm9.

i really must get around to installing debian sid on this box.

edit: its building fine on debian with gcc 4.7

Edited by sej7278

Guest Hayden3430

Tilal uses an external camera app - camera dont work with those for us...

I ported the lastest version of CFX2 to my blade and the camera seems to work fine.