[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest RSTakaROBO

Hi everyone! I'm on 9.01 build. and I found quite annoying problem: when I set up screen brightness to "auto" my phone could reboot unexpectedly. and after that there are two cases: he starts to infinitely long boot. or boots successfully and after few seconds reboots again. The only solution for this is not to use auto brightnes. Is someone else face this problem? How about 9.09 build?

The thing with using loop is you really need to set your SD card read block speed higher that 128KB - 1024 or even higher is much better personally.

I think you meant read-ahead cache. Increasing read-ahead will only help if you're reading large blocks of data from one single place (e.g. what sdcard speedtest apps do). In regular use where small blocks of data are read from various places, increasing read-ahead will have the opposite effect.

Hi everyone! I'm on 9.01 build. and I found quite annoying problem: when I set up screen brightness to "auto" my phone could reboot unexpectedly. and after that there are two cases: he starts to infinitely long boot. or boots successfully and after few seconds reboots again. The only solution for this is not to use auto brightnes. Is someone else face this problem? How about 9.09 build?

Why would you set it to auto? Auto-brightness doesn't work anyway.

vNa5h, just use INT2EXT4+, which leaves /data/data on the NAND and everything else goes on the SD card. Works fine for me with my Class 10.

how is this better than s2e

..other than the zipalign part..which can be done with other tools anyway

I think you meant read-ahead cache. Increasing read-ahead will only help if you're reading large blocks of data from one single place (e.g. what sdcard speedtest apps do). In regular use where small blocks of data are read from various places, increasing read-ahead will have the opposite effect.

Read ahead algorithm are usually more clever than that, under linux at least. They are able to distinguish sequential disk access from random disk access. Read ahead should only kick in when a sequential access pattern is recognized, so decrease in performance should almost never happen.

I'd just like to say that I use S2E to move my dalvik-cache to the sd. I have a class 4 sd and I really can't see the difference with leaving everything on nand. It is just as fast as far as I can tell, and safer with regards nandroid backups. I have known a nandroid backup to fail to restore sd-ext, so the rom just went and rebuilt the dalvik-cache and I was up and running again.

Guest tilal6991

That's the catch. Loop files are over 150MB so it makes a significant difference.

i just tried to make a build with a few of konstat's panorama etc. patches which work, however once the screen goes off it won't come back on again.

i noticed stevek has been screwing with libstagefright and qcom_display again, so could be it.....

dmesg has lots of surfaceflinger errors :

<3>[09-14 20:32:00.059999] [266: SurfaceFlinger]kgsl kgsl-3d0: |adreno_waittimestamp| Device hang detected while waiting for timestamp: b75b, last submitted(rb->timestamp): b75c, wptr: 25d
logcat seems to point to things going insane as they can't open the screen device:
W/WVMExtractor( 1453): Failed to open libwvm.so

E/Trace   ( 1453): error opening trace file: No such file or directory (2)

I/Sensors ( 1572): mSensors[2]->enable(0, 1)

I/AKMD2   (  190): akmd2 : Compass Opened.

D/EventHub( 1572): No input device configuration file found for device '7k_handset'.

I/InputManager( 1572): Starting input manager

I/WindowManager( 1572): Enabled StrictMode for PolicyThread's Looper

I/EventHub( 1572): New device: id=1, fd=127, path='/dev/input/event5', name='7k_handset', classes=0x81, configuration='', keyLayout='/system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl', keyCharacterMap='/system/usr/keychars/Generic.kcm', builtinKeyboard=false, usingSuspendBlockIoctl=false, usingClockIoctl=false

D/EventHub( 1572): No input device configuration file found for device 'proximity'.

D/EventHub( 1572): No input device configuration file found for device 'light'.

D/EventHub( 1572): No input device configuration file found for device 'compass'.

D/EventHub( 1572): No input device configuration file found for device 'blade_keypad'.

I/EventHub( 1572): New device: id=5, fd=128, path='/dev/input/event1', name='blade_keypad', classes=0x1, configuration='', keyLayout='/system/usr/keylayout/blade_keypad.kl', keyCharacterMap='/system/usr/keychars/Generic.kcm', builtinKeyboard=false, usingSuspendBlockIoctl=false, usingClockIoctl=false

D/EventHub( 1572): No input device configuration file found for device 'synaptics-rmi-touchscreen'.

I/EventHub( 1572): New device: id=6, fd=129, path='/dev/input/event0', name='synaptics-rmi-touchscreen', classes=0x14, configuration='', keyLayout='', keyCharacterMap='', builtinKeyboard=false, usingSuspendBlockIoctl=false, usingClockIoctl=false

I/InputReader( 1572): Device added: id=-1, name='Virtual', sources=0x00000301

I/InputReader( 1572):   Touch device 'synaptics-rmi-touchscreen' could not query the properties of its associated display 0.  The device will be inoperable until the display size becomes available.

I/InputReader( 1572): Device added: id=6, name='synaptics-rmi-touchscreen', sources=0x00001002

I/InputReader( 1572): Device added: id=5, name='blade_keypad', sources=0x00000101

I/InputReader( 1572): Device added: id=1, name='7k_handset', sources=0x80000101

E/Trace   ( 1572): error opening trace file: No such file or directory (2)

W/WVMExtractor( 1453): Failed to open libwvm.so[/code]

Edited by sej7278

how is this better than s2e

..other than the zipalign part..which can be done with other tools anyway

Nevermind, I was under the impression that you weren't using either. I know how INT2EXT4+ actually works but I've never looked at S2E so I don't know what the difference is, if there even is one. I've looked around but no one seems to have done a comparison.

New build. Fixed CRT screen off animation. New CyanogenMod calculator app also included.

System size with ROM and gapps from the first post is around 160mb (I'm not sure if it's just over or under). Could be a bit tight with 160mb system partition again.

cm-10-20120915-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...dqzdxprc23s0dxx

md5:f3cb88cfbfaff1587e4959f0ddb50cd7

-fixed CRT screen off animation

-calculator: start of new features (1)

-stopwatch&timer: fix pending bugs (1)

i just tried to make a build with a few of konstat's panorama etc. patches which work, however once the screen goes off it won't come back on again.

i noticed stevek has been screwing with libstagefright and qcom_display again, so could be it.....

It's tile renderer this time. Revert the revert or rather cherry-pick the original commit. There's a patch in the second post/my github/your device tree. :P

I actually can't boot at all. It freezes on bootanimation most of the times.

I/Adreno : ioctl code 0x40080906 (IOCTL_KGSL_DEVICE_WAITTIMESTAMP) failed: errno 110 Connection timed out[/CODE]

It still points to kgsl. I already looked into some kernel updates from code aurora. It certainly doesn't help that our previous kgsl update was one single commit with massive blob of code. I'm not sure that it will help or is it even possible to have tile renderer without new adreno drivers.

I actually can't boot at all. It freezes on bootanimation most of the times.

I/Adreno : ioctl code 0x40080906 (IOCTL_KGSL_DEVICE_WAITTIMESTAMP) failed: errno 110 Connection timed out[/CODE]

It still points to kgsl. I already looked into some kernel updates from code aurora. It certainly doesn't help that our previous kgsl update was one single commit with massive blob of code. I'm not sure that it will help or is it even possible to have tile renderer without new adreno drivers.

thanks for the info, trying a new build now. i guess i managed to boot as i deleted the bootanimation :ph34r:

[b]update[/b]: reverted the commit and it boots fine now, gfx seem faster too....?

anyone else think that deskclock should say "swipe to left" though? when first used it says something like "swipe to [i]right[/i] to access stopwatch/timer".

my /system is still only about 138mb plus gapps (156mb total) but that's with no bootanimation, so without further trimming its going to be pushing it to fit in 160mb soon.

what did you do to fix screen off animation - as mine shows the CRT but flashes the lockscreen afterwards.

Edited by sej7278

Guest ..Abel..

New build. Fixed CRT screen off animation. New CyanogenMod calculator app also included.

System size with ROM and gapps from the first post is around 160mb (I'm not sure if it's just over or under). Could be a bit tight with 160mb system partition again.

cm-10-20120915-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...dqzdxprc23s0dxx

md5:f3cb88cfbfaff1587e4959f0ddb50cd7

-fixed CRT screen off animation

-calculator: start of new features (1)

-stopwatch&amp;timer: fix pending bugs (1)

Great ROM ! Much smoother animations than the previous build !

what did you do to fix screen off animation - as mine shows the CRT but flashes the lockscreen afterwards.

It's this kernel hack. You happen to have OLED screen? It works fine on my TFT.

This also worked but it was later reverted. You might want to try if that works better for you.

can anyone tell me a way to bypass the initial google account setup wizard ? my digitizer is damaged at the bottom right part and hence i cant click the next button :(

any one ?

Edited by Exiled