[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest targetbsp

I used Int2Ext rather than + as I have so many apps that even the data won't fit on data. Never mind the apps!

And like I say I did the install manually. Specifically, I copied the 40int2ext into system/etc/init.d in the rom zip before even installing the rom.

Guest Moonvalley11

I've installed this rom and S2E but although S2E appears to be working to some extent I now have an issue. The Freespace app shows that there is 45% free in EXT of 209MB but Data only has 14% free of 39 MB. When i try to install new apps from the market it trys to install them in Data and not EXT telling me I have run out of space. Can anyone help???

try using this version of JB s2e

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1868422

I've been using it for a long time and never had any trouble.. Make sure you choose mount as ext4 without journaling or it wont work.

Install, open the app, select mount as ext4, then reboot..

it should work now.. if you are running out space, move the application data to ext as well.. you might need to repartition your SD card for a bigger sd-ext though..

Dont move the dalvik cache, it'll slow down your phone, or in my case, may soft brick it.. :P

you could try using a TPT with 160 MB system partition.. Leaves more space for the apps..

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1868422

I've been using it for a long time and never had any trouble.. Make sure you choose mount as ext4 without journaling or it wont work.

Install, open the app, select mount as ext4, then reboot..

it should work now.. if you are running out space, move the application data to ext as well.. you might need to repartition your SD card for a bigger sd-ext though..

Dont move the dalvik cache, it'll slow down your phone, or in my case, may soft brick it..

you could try using a TPT with 160 MB system partition.. Leaves more space for the apps..

That is the one KonstaT made, the thread on XDA even links to this thread.

I've used it and moved dalvik-cache, i had to move dalvik to be able to move data or for some reason google play would complain about low space.

Guest psycho84

Hi I have a question: Does anyone else experience settings reset on phone reboot (not hot reboot). I had to change some of my settings for the third time because of reboot. Also I have fairly high ram usage it's like 300-330 MB out of 420MB used almost all the time. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong. This is my first android 4.x.x so I was wondering.

Guest targetbsp

Just in case: using Link2SD here and working perfectly well with JB and ext4 - providing you like the way it works.

It doesn't work well if you have a lot of apps because ICS/JB undo bits of what it does on boot. It then redoes them after startup (which is where you see the link2sd has been granted superuser permissions bit pop up). The thing is, this goes horribly wrong if you have enough apps that there isn't enough data space for this to happen cleanly. I now believe this actually accounted for most of the instability I encountered throughout ICS's brief life on the Blade before JB replaced it.

I reckon I only have ~50 apps installed: I would tend to think it is "a lot" already, as I hardly use most of them, but I imagine some would go much farther in terms of number of apps :D

No relation: are there any Apex users in the area? The latest version (1.3.0) that I just installed from Play is causing systematic FC's on my Blade, I had to revert to the previous version (nice enhancement in the apps settings, actually). Didn't have time to check whether any of my personal settings might be at stake for the moment.

Edit: apparently it's a global issue next to the latest update, which was supposed to be a rebuilt version optimized to work better on... JB! :D

Will be solved soon, I suppose.

Edited by Guest

It doesn't work well if you have a lot of apps because ICS/JB undo bits of what it does on boot. It then redoes them after startup (which is where you see the link2sd has been granted superuser permissions bit pop up). The thing is, this goes horribly wrong if you have enough apps that there isn't enough data space for this to happen cleanly. I now believe this actually accounted for most of the instability I encountered throughout ICS's brief life on the Blade before JB replaced it.

Yes I had lots of boot problems with Links2SD on cm9, and was still getting low space warnings with very little installed, which is why i don't use it on cm10

the hacked s2e works ok on cm10, but its still not great, its not really doing much more than "move to sdcard". dalvik cache is taking the piss on jellybean, using up half of /data

oh btw i made a cm10 blade changelog link like your cm7 one, added sony and removed bionic etc: gerrit

Guest targetbsp

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1868422

The S2E I had problems with is the one included in Burstlams CM10. I don't know if its the same as this one or not.

Thanks for the tip on not moving the dalvik cache though. Moving that back to data on CM7's S2E greatly speeded up the load times of Where's My Water. Going to try an Ext script today on CM10 that leaves the dalvik cache on data. D2Ext+ is I think the script I shall mostly be playing with.

Edited by targetbsp

The S2E I had problems with is the one included in Burstlams CM10. I don't know if its the same as this one or not.

Thanks for the tip on not moving the dalvik cache though. Moving that back to data on CM7's S2E greatly speeded up the load times of Where's My Water. Going to try an Ext script today on CM10 that leaves the dalvik cache on data. D2Ext+ is I think the script I shall mostly be playing with.

its pretty crazy putting the dalvik cache on sdcard, the whole point of the cache (clue's in the name :D ) is to speed up loading. the downside is that for me at least, dalvik is using the majority of my /data partition, so you kind of lose a lot of the benefit of s2e by not including it

Guest targetbsp

its pretty crazy putting the dalvik cache on sdcard, the whole point of the cache (clue's in the name ) is to speed up loading. the downside is that for me at least, dalvik is using the majority of my /data partition, so you kind of lose a lot of the benefit of s2e by not including it

Yeah, you can't move it back in S2E on JB though (at least in the S2E I was using) once you have moved it. :( I originally moved it cause I was running out of space as per that other thread. And the script I'm using at the moment just moved data in its entirety. I mostly wanted to just prove I could actually avoid the scenario where I would eventually run out of space!

Guest targetbsp

I might not actually have had a notification within earshot since installing it to be honest. My sound in general works fine. My alarms were troublesome until I played with them then they randomly started working. I have CM7 on atm so I can't check. I must look into this dual booting thing one day.

It worked on the settings screen when I chose the notification, I know that.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest neoonwheels

An update from my side. Tested the Google Navigation on this ROM and it worked. The phone did not reboot and was workign fine. The navigation was running for somewhere around 45 mins. Also, another good thing is, the ROM has great battery life. I charged it 100% in the morning at 9 and then after 12 hours (30 mins Wifi, 30 mins Bluetooth on, 45 mins Navigation), the battery was at 46%. Awesome work Konsta :)

Guest tilal6991
DON'T FLASH THIS ROM. MY PHONE GOT BRICKED. I NOW HAVE A HARD BRICKED PHONE.

That's not because of this rom but rather because you must have done something idiotic which is not recommended.

Guest The Stkfigure

That's not because of this rom but rather because you must have done something idiotic which is not recommended.

Yeah, I guess dropping my phone in the brick kiln was a big mistake huh?

DON'T FLASH THIS ROM. MY PHONE GOT BRICKED. I NOW HAVE A HARD BRICKED PHONE.

a ROM can't brick your phone - the wrong TPT can

in first threat you can read " for advanced users only" ;)

this patch no longer applies as they changed a comment in libs/ui/GraphicBufferAllocator.cpp - the last line of the below patch, basically just paste in the + bits again to fix it (don't copy'n'paste this as spacing is knackered by the forum):

diff --git a/libs/ui/GraphicBufferAllocator.cpp b/libs/ui/GraphicBufferAllocator.cpp

index eb733ac..cfa9cc5 100644

--- a/libs/ui/GraphicBufferAllocator.cpp

+++ b/libs/ui/GraphicBufferAllocator.cpp

@@ -113,6 +113,15 @@ status_t GraphicBufferAllocator::alloc(uint32_t w, uint32_t h,

// we have a h/w allocator and h/w buffer is requested

status_t err;

+#ifdef MISSING_EGL_PIXEL_FORMAT_YV12

+ if (format == HAL_PIXEL_FORMAT_YV12) {

+ format = HAL_PIXEL_FORMAT_RGBX_8888;

+ }

+ if (usage & GRALLOC_USAGE_EXTERNAL_DISP) {

+ usage ^= GRALLOC_USAGE_EXTERNAL_DISP;

+ }

+#endif

+

#ifdef EXYNOS4_ENHANCEMENTS

if (format == 0x105) {

// 0x105 = HAL_PIXEL_FORMAT_YCbCr_420_SP (Samsung-specific pixel format)

attached zipped patch: fw_native.patch.zip

Edited by sej7278

My Alarm didn;t went off... thanks to this rom I now missed some lessons :<...

Anyways... why aren't the alarms working, I am pretty certain there files for alarm .. (checked with adb in /system/audio/alarms)