[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Swiftkey works fine for me. I however did not move it to SD card.

Since the last update (2709) however some apps show up as incompatible. (an app named "Öffi", also for examplet the "Burger King" app)

I have found similar reports with other phones, but no fix. Does anyone know what causes this problem how it can be fixed?

Guest jonmac73

Recent update from SS RLS7 and looks promisingly fast (tried KongstaKang CM9 first and was really laggy).

UPDATE: tried S2E hack anyway - seems to be it, couple of things that were'nt restoring in Titanium backup are now anyway. Will look at space and see if installing to EXT automatically. I shouldn't need to move everything to SD manually should I ?

UPDATE 2: OK having to move to SD manually - can't be right. Used Link2SD I think on SSRLS7 - would that work ?

Edited by jonmac73

Guest HDuser

well i am facing 2 problems from latest build:

1. Huge battery drainage while sleeping

2. Choppy gaming experience facing random fps drop during game play

Any solution of that? apart of it everything looks fine.

2. Choppy gaming experience facing random fps drop during game play

Any solution of that? apart of it everything looks fine.

Yeah, go back to CM7 :)

well you are silliest and foolish person i would ever see

I've been called worse by better people :P

ICS/JB just doesn't do gaming very well :rolleyes:

Guest b3rvirus

Media scanner has worked since day one. Can't fix something that's never been broken.

so why does old photos and MP3s not showing up on gallery and music?

only newly taken photos and newly recorded clips showing up..

there's never any issues with gallery/music when switching between any GB/ICS...

Yeah, go back to CM7

agree with this :P

Edited by b3rvirus

Guest cowscrubber

there's never any issues with gallery/music when switching between any GB/ICS...

agree with this

Old photos and mp3's show up fine on my gallery and music app.

I've been using this rom for a week now and I have not experienced any issues. Maybe a clean re-flash will solve your problems.

Edited by cowscrubber

Guest HDuser

agree with this

Ok i am ready to go to CM7 but tell me the name of rom which has buttery smooth UI,

Guest Snap.IT

I don't have this problem, in fact most people don't.

Last time i had that problem it was because of an update of rom manager that placed a .nomedia file on the root of the sdcard.

Guest Nummer5

I have also a huge battery drain, but not from latest build.

My phone runs only around 24h and i use it very rarely - my digitizer is broken :-(

Google Maps is the number one battery sucker, around 40% - Goggle Now calculates way to home/work/what ever...maybe that´s not only my "problem". You can disable that in Now settings.

Guest sej7278

I don't have this problem, in fact most people don't.

Last time i had that problem it was because of an update of rom manager that placed a .nomedia file on the root of the sdcard.

forget .nomedia, that's not the problem. i have never had media scanner work in cm10, it doesn't find songs or wallpapers anywhere on the sdcard.

Guest thewild

forget .nomedia, that's not the problem. i have never had media scanner work in cm10, it doesn't find songs or wallpapers anywhere on the sdcard.

Try what I did : remove everything from your SD card BUT your MP3s. Media Scanner found them then. I then put back all my stuff (iGo data, swftkey data, clockwork backups, etc....), and it broke media scanning again. As I said in a previous post, the media scanener in JB seems to hang scanning some files on the card while ICS as no problem with them.

Guest AlphaVision

Battery drainage should be caused by an app you have installed. When in the morning I turn on my blade I can see that it has lost 10-15-20% of the battery for the whole night with WiFi, sync and viber on

Guest Snap.IT

Well, it finds all of my media and it always has except after that rom manager update so i don't know why some people have that problem.

Hi,

I'm currently running Cyanogenmod 9, as it's stated as stable, so didn't want to take the risk installing Cyanogenmod 10 which is still considered as a DEV version.

Now that KonstaT seems to move out of 9 (annouced last version earlier this week), do you think this version can be considered as stable enough, or should I still consider it as DEV and wait some more ? Looking at the first page, it doesn't seem to have more caveats as the 9...

Thanks

Guest Moonvalley11

Hi,

I'm currently running Cyanogenmod 9, as it's stated as stable, so didn't want to take the risk installing Cyanogenmod 10 which is still considered as a DEV version.

Now that KonstaT seems to move out of 9 (annouced last version earlier this week), do you think this version can be considered as stable enough, or should I still consider it as DEV and wait some more ? Looking at the first page, it doesn't seem to have more caveats as the 9...

Thanks

Dont worry too much about it, I had the same doubts but switched to this nevertheless and never been happier. I mean there are still some pending issues, but nothing major. Why dont you take a NANDroid backup of ICS, then switch to this one for a couple of days, if you dont like it, just switch back. JB is pretty stable and I personally find it way more appealing than ICS :D

Guest HDuser

Battery drainage should be caused by an app you have installed. When in the morning I turn on my blade I can see that it has lost 10-15-20% of the battery for the whole night with WiFi, sync and viber on

thanks for advise but I dont have any app running in background which is cause of it i also tried to disable auto sync, wifi mobile data even tried 2G only but problem exists seams like problem in build? because with same programs i was able to get excellent battery with old builds