[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest raizor6th

great rom as ever since but the last two releases makes me real sad as vpn can't seem to work in those releases :( and im wondering nobody tries to answer my problem or confims it atleast. :( I'm now stuck on cm9 konstat 29.9. or should i move to another jb rom.

but i want this project so i might wait for the fix.

thanks

raizor

update: problem solved. i just installed superSU and done,

but i superuser was not replaced and is still here in my blade and everything is fine for now as i see. is this ok or should i remove superuser manually. thanks

Edited by raizor6th

Guest Camacha

Regarding the discussion about partitions/space: I have exactly the recommended 160 MB system (ROM + gapps installed) and I keep getting

E:Error in /cache/recovery/log

(No space left on device)when in the recovery.

Everything seems to work fine though, but I'm not sure whether that should happen.

Mmm is this what you're refering to?

As it's available on Play, there's no point in having it in the rom or in the gapps.

Yes, that was the one. I was confused since 7.1 included it, but that's dandy too. Thanks a bunch!

Edited by Camacha

Guest KonstaT

Having problems building on Mac OS X Snow Leopard. Followed instructions up until build, I added proprietary_vendor_zte, android_device_zte_blade, and zte-kernel-msm7x27 then ran repo sync, which picked them up and seemed to work ok, then I applied the frameworks/av and frameworks/native patches, which again seemed to work fine.

When I launch 'lunch cm_blade-userdebug' it give me a 'Dependencies file not found, bailing out.' message, and when when I try 'make bacon -j8' I get this:

build/core/base_rules.mk:171: *** device/zte/blade/BladeParts: MODULE.TARGET.APPS.BladeParts already defined by KonstaT/android_device_zte_blade/BladeParts. Stop.

'Dependencies file not found, bailing out.' message is normal. It seems that you have duplicate device trees in your working directory. You only need to add them to your local manifest and do a repo sync. It seems that you also have copied it to KonstaT/android_device_zte_blade/. Remove that and it should be fine.

today i read the miui v4 jellybean thread and someone says that camcorder works well. how is possible? can use that fix in this rom?

You shouldn't believe all the bullshit that you read from message boards. ;)

Many people in this thread said that they removed some app/files to fit a 138mb partition.

Is there any list of file those files?

Can anyone link slimmed down LatinIME.apk and fonts?

Also KonstaT, in SSRLS7 you also linked a custom TPT that also installs the rom, and wbaw did it too for his Ginger Stir Fry. Can you provide any info on how to make those?

Thx in advance.

Could some people be having space issues because they are not explicitly wiping /system before applying the zip? I'm not so sure that happens automatically so while most files would get replaced, there may be some old unneeded files that get left behind, taking up space. I have 160MB and the 10.10 release works fine for me.

Partitioned using latest CWM, followed the instructions above and everything's working fine.

Followed the exact procedure but can't seem to get S2E to work :( Really liked the ROM, but had to go back to a GB rom because of this problem. Please help.

Guest gerhardo

Could some people be having space issues because they are not explicitly wiping /system before applying the zip? I'm not so sure that happens automatically so while most files would get replaced, there may be some old unneeded files that get left behind, taking up space. I have 160MB and the 10.10 release works fine for me.

I had problems with the 2012-09-27 release, also after wiping. Seem to work for others. (I edited my previous post, that part written before the upgrade to 10-10, I missed reviewing that part.)

10-10 release is smaller, other have confirmed that 160GiB=167GB works fine.

Guest Camacha

I didn't wipe because I just reïnstalled all my apps and wasn't feeling like doing that again (and according to some folks here it'd be fine). Everything does work fine, for as far as I can tell, it's just that I get that message when in the recovery.

Guest Snap.IT

From the updater-script: format("yaffs2", "MTD", "system", "0", "/system");

The system partition is formatted before installing. There is a backup of the gapps that is run before the format and restored after the format but all that does is backup and restore the gapps so you won't have to reinstall them after each update. Provided you're using the same gapps package there is no reason to wipe /system before installing and no reason to install gapps again after installing the rom.

Guest Snap.IT

I didn't wipe because I just reïnstalled all my apps and wasn't feeling like doing that again (and according to some folks here it'd be fine). Everything does work fine, for as far as I can tell, it's just that I get that message when in the recovery.

Wiping /system doesn't touch your apps or data at all, all of that is on /data. It's still unnecessary though.

Guest VinDroid

Many people in this thread said that they removed some app/files to fit a 138mb partition.

Is there any list of file those files?

Can anyone link slimmed down LatinIME.apk and fonts?

Also KonstaT, in SSRLS7 you also linked a custom TPT that also installs the rom, and wbaw did it too for his Ginger Stir Fry. Can you provide any info on how to make those?

Thx in advance.

I have removed bootanimation.zip (1.4 mb), all ringtones, notifications, alarm tones (1 mb) [these can be copied to SD card corresponding folder], Email.apk (1.6 MB), Gallery2.apk (3 MB) [can be installed later].

The zip file becomes 76.4 MB from 83.4 MB.

Now the system is 140 MB.

One can remove Browser and reduce more space.

Guest Moonvalley11

Regarding the discussion about partitions/space: I have exactly the recommended 160 MB system (ROM + gapps installed) and I keep getting

E:Error in /cache/recovery/log

(No space left on device)when in the recovery.

Everything seems to work fine though, but I'm not sure whether that should happen.

Yes, that was the one. I was confused since 7.1 included it, but that's dandy too. Thanks a bunch!

only CWM has a problem with the 2 Mb cache size, and its really nothing to worry about :)

If the error message bothers you too much, just do a quick cache wipe from recovery itself :P

Followed the exact procedure but can't seem to get S2E to work Really liked the ROM, but had to go back to a GB rom because of this problem. Please help.

Can you explain in detail what went wrong? Read my previous posts on this same thread on the use of S2E. If you still cant figure it out, post again. I'll see what i can do ;)

Guest mikeb90

Is everyone's speakerphone super quiet? It's so low I thought it was broken at first.

i've solved modifing the volume sliding the cursor in the volume setting gui (well the one that appears when you use the volume buttons XD ), first getting it at zero, than moving it to the highest level :)

I have to say a big kiitos to Konsta for this ROM. I still can't believe I've got JB on my Blade, and that it runs so damn well. I've also got my 2gb Ext4 partition sorted, thanks to the modified S2E, which I didn't know existed until I found this thread!

There are a couple of things that aren't working that I feel I should flag; not as a moan, because I'm thrilled with it, but because I thought you'd like to know, and I'm not sure if you're aware:

1) Headphones - when I plug them in I get sound and the microphone works, but the icon doesn't appear in the notification bar and the buttons on the headphones don't work (the on/off button on the stock headphones and none of the buttons on my nokia WH-701 headset). The DSP doesn't seem to make any difference either.

2) Lockscreen shortcuts - I can change the slide actions (up/left/right) and they work fine. I can also add actions for up&left and up&right, but they don't appear on the lockscreen. Is this an issue, or am I just being a noob?

3) I can't clear the voicemail icon in the notification bar without listening to the voicemail; not sure if this is a 'feature' of JB, or just peculiar to this ROM.

Once again, thank you so much Konsta and everyone else who has helped out.

Guest sej7278

3) I can't clear the voicemail icon in the notification bar without listening to the voicemail; not sure if this is a 'feature' of JB, or just peculiar to this ROM.

that's a jellybean thing, think it was ics too.

Guest Moonvalley11

I have to say a big kiitos to Konsta for this ROM. I still can't believe I've got JB on my Blade, and that it runs so damn well. I've also got my 2gb Ext4 partition sorted, thanks to the modified S2E, which I didn't know existed until I found this thread!

There are a couple of things that aren't working that I feel I should flag; not as a moan, because I'm thrilled with it, but because I thought you'd like to know, and I'm not sure if you're aware:

1) Headphones - when I plug them in I get sound and the microphone works, but the icon doesn't appear in the notification bar and the buttons on the headphones don't work (the on/off button on the stock headphones and none of the buttons on my nokia WH-701 headset). The DSP doesn't seem to make any difference either.

2) Lockscreen shortcuts - I can change the slide actions (up/left/right) and they work fine. I can also add actions for up&left and up&right, but they don't appear on the lockscreen. Is this an issue, or am I just being a noob?

Once again, thank you so much Konsta and everyone else who has helped out.

1. Yeah i have that too. Nothing to worry about. If I'm not wrong, then headphone support is not yet included.

2. Are you saving the new config after you are done selecting the lockscreen icons for up-left and up-right? Because i never heard of this issue before.

3. Yes its a JB feature :)

Guest reedo_17

I'm not exactly sure how polite it is to distribute this, but here is S2E (version 2.2.1) hacked to work with Jelly Bean API level 16. This is fully working with CM10 so I can't see no reason why this app hasn't been updated. I've resigned the app so you won't be able to update it via play shop if/when update is available. Also better make a nandroid backup before you use this. All credits to Oleg Krikun.

Instructions:

1. install S2E-JB.apk like any regular app

2. start the app, options are greyed out (that's normal)

3. MENU -> Settings -> Mount as ext4 -> reboot your phone

4. options still greyed out? format your sd-ext using clockworkmod 5.5.0.4+ (mounts and storage -> format /sd-ext)

5. check boxes for Applications and Private apps -> reboot your phone

6. never worry about a2sd again

rename .zip -> .apk

S2E-JB.zip

Will this work on the ZTE Cresent?

Guest raizor6th

problem solved concerning vpn. i just installed superSU and done,

but i superuser was not replaced and is still here in my blade and everything is fine for now as i see. is this ok or should i remove superuser manually. thanks

Edited by raizor6th

Guest flixblixclix

Sweet

Any major difference from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2?

well ,,,, the only difference in numbers and i don't see any difference..... only to move apps to sd, u need to enable "configure app2sd" to externel in rom toolbox to send all apps , so that u fetch more space for other apps.....

Edited by flixblixclix