[ROM] [ICS] [B952] INFUSION [CM FEATURES] [B06]

Guest tillaz

Guest Potatoes

Hello guys , ive installed the previous version the B05 , Do i have to make a full wipe before installing the new one or i can just simply go into CWM and flash the new version B06 without wipping ? Thanx for reply : )

This is what tillaz strongly recommends

B06 IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD....

FULL WIPE IS VERY VERY IMPORTANT, FIXES WILL NOT TAKE EFFECT OTHERWISE, PLEASE DO NOT BYPASS THIS STEP.

I WOULD APPRECIATED IT IF PEOPLE WHO HAVE THE PROBLEM OF DEFAULT STORAGE REVERTING AFTER A REBOOT

COULD TELL ME IF THE PROBLEM IS FIXED?

I PERSONALLY TRIED 3 DIFFERANT SDCARD'S AND NON REVERTED

Guest smokinjoe18

@Tillaz or anyone who might have an insight to my problem,

Background:- Upgraded my G300 on vodafone UK to ICS through the 926(Chinese version) update with no problems (no reboots or F/c's ever!!) and started to install Infusion from the 1st version and every update after that. The problem I have is my download speeds when using 2G have been reduced from 30/40 kbps to around 3/5 kbps rendering the internet barely usable with most of my apps timing out and not loading. Tried everything i could think of and every rom on this forum and trawling forums for info, but with no luck so thought it was a network issue but last night i flashed the 927 release (repacked zip file, not the update.app way) and to my surprise my download speeds have gone back up to 30/40kbps on 2G, unfortunately thinking this sorted the problem I re-flashed Infusion B06 (using the correct method everytime full wipe etc.etc..) my speeds have gone back to 3/6kbps (using speedtest app) so I re-installed 927 and they're back to 30/40kbps.

Summary: I love the work, look & improvements and development of this rom and really want to run this rom on my phone but living in an area of hit and miss 3G my phone constantly switches down to 2G which gives me the problems which I've described above.

Please have you any insight or idea what could be causing this issue as I've now been on 927 since last night with no problems apart from not being able to use this brilliant ROM

Sorry for the long post Hopefully someone or Tillaz will read this and have some ideas for me..

Edited by smokinjoe18

Guest Potatoes

Soo a full wipe is recommed ?

B06 IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD....

FULL WIPE IS VERY VERY IMPORTANT, FIXES WILL NOT TAKE EFFECT OTHERWISE, PLEASE DO NOT BYPASS THIS STEP.

I WOULD APPRECIATED IT IF PEOPLE WHO HAVE THE PROBLEM OF DEFAULT STORAGE REVERTING AFTER A REBOOT

COULD TELL ME IF THE PROBLEM IS FIXED?

I PERSONALLY TRIED 3 DIFFERANT SDCARD'S AND NON REVERTED

:D

Guest edwardecl

Can you please defualt the 3G data to being off in the next update because everytime I update this ROM is costs me £1 because it uses the data roaming without asking me which is a serious bug.

Other than that :).

Thanks Potatoes for Camera sound info.

Question Re-Contacts: I installed B06 last night and restored phone settings (Huawei Back Up) and when editing Contacts I get 'Sorry Contacts has Closed'. On B05 I had problems when changing the date on an Event, it crashed?

What do you guys do for contacts? Being quite new to Android I find it all a bit complicated. I am not a 'social media' type of person so my Hotmail / Gmail contacts are a mess, but I have my phone set to Sync so I have all sorts of contacts with only emails or some just with phone numbers.

Should I stop 'sync' and just re-install B06 and not restore previous Contacts, then just manually type them in? I see there are PC progs for doing this. I did start editing my 'Contacts' in hotmail on PC, but then would have to go the Sync route to update them to phone.

I don't think anyone has ever mentioned Contact problems with Infusion, so it must not be related to Infusion?

Thanks.

Guest smokinjoe18

Can you please defualt the 3G data to being off in the next update because everytime I update this ROM is costs me £1 because it uses the data roaming without asking me which is a serious bug.

Other than that .

Can you not just start the phone up without the sim card in and then turn 3G/data off and put your sim card back in?

Edited by smokinjoe18

Guest edwardecl

Yeah because removing the sim card is the real solution...

Also the previous poster about the contacts crashing does that for me too without restoring anything from a full wipe...

this version is bugged ^^.

Edited by edwardecl

Guest droiddruid

Other than that :).

I was under the impression this was the same with all roms more than an issue with this one. So umm yeah remove sim if its an issue IMHO.

Edited by droiddruid

Guest smokinjoe18

Yeah because removing the sim card is the real solution...

Also the previous poster about the contacts crashing does that for me too without restoring anything from a full wipe...

this version is bugged ^^.

Not saying it can't be done but was only trying to save you a £1 everytime with my comment as ALL ROM's I've installed over quite a few devices have always had data enabled on installation so don't think it's a serious bug as you call it......

Not saying it can't be done but was only trying to save you a £1 everytime with my comment as ALL ROM's I've installed over quite a few devices have always had data enabled on installation so don't think it's a serious bug as you call it......

Same

Although it would annoy if no one else has this issue then its wrong to call it a bug.maybe one on your phone?

Guest edwardecl

The default rom that came with the device asked you if you wanted to enable data roaming if I remember correctly, why should a custom rom be any different if set up to do so?

Just a suggestion, not forcing anyone to put it in. I will probably have to remove the sim in future (which is a pain in the arse on this phone). Would be nice to at least have a warning on the front page that data roaming is enabled by default and to remove your sim card if you are on pay as you go which most of us probably are with this phone.

It is a serious bug if it costs people money without realising...

Hey guys, so im trying to update to B06 via the update in system settings and whenever i try dowload it says there is an error with the download. Anyone else having this problem? Any solutions or is there something im missing here

Guest edwardecl

Anyway, about this issue with the contacts... anyone else have it, if you go to the "People" app on the first tab then press on "All Contacts" under "SIM" or My Contacts under "Google" does it say "Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped." ?

Edited by edwardecl

edwardecl,

I am back running B05 at the moment, so could you please check if this contact problem is in B06:

Open Contacts/People

Goto a person on your list

Press bottom left button to select 'Edit'

Select 'add another field'

Scroll to bottom and select 'Events'

Then tap 'Date'

I get this: Unfortnately, Contacts has stopped.

Many Thanks. Hopefully tonight I will play with B06 a bit more. I have a NANDROID backup of B05 so quite easy to go back.

Edited by Higgy69

Guest Frankish
Anyway, about this issue with the contacts... anyone else have it, if you go to the "People" app on the first tab then press on "All Contacts" under "SIM" or My Contacts under "Google" does it say "Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped." ?

It does this for me too. I always access my contacts through the dialer tab so it's no issue for me.

Guest Frankish
edwardecl,

I am back running B05 at the moment, so could you please check if this contact problem is in B06:

Open Contacts/People

Then tap 'Date'

Many Thanks. Hopefully tonight I will play with B06 a bit more. I have a NANDROID backup of B05 so quite easy to go back.

I don't get that bug on B06

Guest dan nedan

same for me

Guest feckineejit

i get this to

edwardecl,

Open Contacts/People

Then tap 'Date'

This doesn't happen to me.

edwardecl,

Open Contacts/People

Then tap 'Date'

Its working fine for me on B6.